Not open for further replies.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
can u send me a link on that, I don't see it

The ECF forum is massive and can be daunting at times but holds a wealth of information. Anything that you can think of and some of what you haven't thought of.

I would start with Smokeless Image forum then branch out, but first... the Welcome Newbies thread... just to get an idea about this extremely helpful and supportive group of folks. We are all in this together! ;)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/smokeless-image/269769-welcome-newbies-thread.html

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Good morning, everyone. I'm watching the sun rise right now. I'm up earlier than usual, but I just woke and decided to get up rather than sleep another hour or 2.

Yesterday was fun. My friend Harriet came for lunch. We exchanged Christmas gifts, and I made her cranberry pot roast, mashed potatoes, and braised carrots. She brought a pie she makes for people every Christmas, and we had that for dessert. I was amazed when she said it was the first time she had tasted the pie she makes for everyone every year! We both have horses, so of course, we chatted a lot about them.

One thing that's been a puzzle, though, that I sorted out during our conversation is how my cat seems fascinated with my injured arm. At night in bed, he keeps trying to lie on or near it, and I have to keep chasing him to the foot of the bed. Finally, I think I have the answer. I think I'm focused on protecting the arm, and you know how cats seek out your focus and try to sit right in the middle of that mental spotlight? If you are reading the newspaper, the cat plops himself right on it? Well, I think that's what he's doing with my arm. Harriet suggested he was trying to comfort me, but I didn't accept that; cats are too self-serving. My cat thinks I'm his personal servant, ready to fulfill his needs. I open the door when he wants to go out, open it when he wants to come in, give him a little milk when he asks, etc. In fact, I've had several cats, this one included, who complain to me when I open the door and it's raining. They can't understand why I can't change the weather to suit them.

I'll now think what good-morning music to post for everyone.

Remember, today's the day Blues goes in for open heart surgery. Everyone keep him in your thoughts today. Let's hope he emerges better than before! I'm sure as soon as Rave hears the news, she'll tell us how it went. I miss Blues and Rave here, and hope they'll be back with us soon.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD

Element_Baz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Welp, called the post office, it's pretty much set in stone and i do fully believe that they lost my original package, the one with my starter kit and all.....

i do have the holiday battery and the t3 on the way, but they aren't compatible like i originally thought so I still can't vape.

I feel so defeated, and i know it's not my fault, but i have no choice and i have to smoke my stinkies. really sucks, I'm not happy at all.
=/
i apologize, i dont mean to be a debby downer over here, but my wife doesn't quite understand the heartache of having been clean from analogs, and then going back to them, as she's a non smoker. i did create a ticket, just waitin on a reply.

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Gooooooooooooooooood Morning Volties,

I had to catch up on all of you chatting last night. Welcome KitKat2 :party:party time here in Voltville.

Element I feel for you :( and hope your "stuff" arrives soon.

I will be playing the mad scientist again today. Very disappointed in DYI so far and I am going to end up ordering more of my favorite all day vape from EC Blends and Heavenly Vapes.

Everyone PLEASE keep Bluesman in your prayers today.

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

SandySu

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
Trumansburg, NY
Welp, called the post office, it's pretty much set in stone and i do fully believe that they lost my original package, the one with my starter kit and all.....

i do have the holiday battery and the t3 on the way, but they aren't compatible like i originally thought so I still can't vape.

I feel so defeated, and i know it's not my fault, but i have no choice and i have to smoke my stinkies. really sucks, I'm not happy at all.
=/
i apologize, i dont mean to be a debby downer over here, but my wife doesn't quite understand the heartache of having been clean from analogs, and then going back to them, as she's a non smoker. i did create a ticket, just waitin on a reply.

I'm so sorry about your package. Maybe it'll turn up yet. Meanwhile, can you buy some e-cigs from someplace local to keep you till you get the SI stuff? I know some others have done that, rather than go back to cigarettes. Maybe whatever's local won't be as good, but it may suffice.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail

=/

That sucks! Maybe they'll find it.

Element_Baz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I'm so sorry about your package. Maybe it'll turn up yet. Meanwhile, can you buy some e-cigs from someplace local to keep you till you get the SI stuff? I know some others have done that, rather than go back to cigarettes. Maybe whatever's local won't be as good, but it may suffice.

yes and no, my wife bought me a disposable today, cause she loves me. but money is tight. I'm wondering, are there other carto's that i can pick up at smoke shops that fit the volt battery? because my holiday battery and mega v2 will be in tomorrow, worst case, i can possibly get by, f i can find some cartos?

Tail11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2012
nor cal
yes and no, my wife bought me a disposable today, cause she loves me. but money is tight. I'm wondering, are there other carto's that i can pick up at smoke shops that fit the volt battery? because my holiday battery and mega v2 will be in tomorrow, worst case, i can possibly get by, f i can find some cartos?

I haven't found any of the rechargeable cheap units in stores to fit the 808's. I'd stick with disposables until your package comes in. I do keep some disposables, blanks and juice around for those "just in case moments".

I sincerely hope your package is delivered soon! Stay strong!

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio

=/

If you have a Walgreens they sell the Blu ecig. I have also seen Blu and another brand at a tobacco store and have heard gas stations carry ecigs. These wouldn't be as good as Volts but would carry you through till you get your order or a replacement order.

Check out the ones you can find locally before you purchase cigarettes. But if you end up smoking till you get your supplies it's not the end of the world. No one is going to judge you for it. Just remember we're here for you and will help any way we can.

Don't be discouraged. This is just a temporary setback.

Element_Baz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I'm working on my 4th blu since i ordered my starter kit, had an njoy in between (not too good) they just get expensive having to buy one every day =/blu's are $10 a pop around me =/ I'll be good for today at least, since wifey bought me one, but it seems like the SI office is closed? i sent in a ticket, but with the office close i assume i wont be getting a reply today. i wish my t3 was compatable with my holiday battery!! lol

If you have a Walgreens they sell the Blu ecig. I have also seen Blu and another brand at a tobacco store and have heard gas stations carry ecigs. These wouldn't be as good as Volts but would carry you through till you get your order or a replacement order.

Check out the ones you can find locally before you purchase cigarettes. But if you end up smoking till you get your supplies it's not the end of the world. No one is going to judge you for it. Just remember we're here for you and will help any way we can.

Don't be discouraged. This is just a temporary setback.

Element_Baz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Got off the phone with the P.O. in Ohio, shoulda called them first. Apparently they did this shipment different? they said it was a direct shipment, should be at my house, regardless of what the tracking says, by today or tomorrow. Sure hope he's right, but at least there is still hope!!!

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sandy Su and Renolizzie,
I wanted to get back with you about using horse manure on my garden :laugh: I do have friends that have horses, but they recommended NOT using their horse manure because it contained hay I believe and they said the remaining hay seed will germinate in the garden and I will get lots of hay weeds. The put me in touch with a cattle farmer and I did get some steer manure. It smelled so bad in the neighborhood that I was almost banned from the Home Owners Association.:facepalm: Anyway, I now just use commercial garden fertilizer from the farm store.

PS: My wife got so upset at me whining and complaining that my DYI juice was just so bad that she told me to just go ahead and order something that I would like and stop complaining. Besides that I was taking up too much space in her kitchen. Sooooo, I ordered 50 Ml of Black Magic from EC Blends (my all daay vape)

Last edited:

Element_Baz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Sandy Su and Renolizzie,
I wanted to get back with you about using horse manure on my garden :laugh: I do have friends that have horses, but they recommended NOT using their horse manure because it contained hay I believe and they said the remaining hay seed will germinate in the garden and I will get lots of hay weeds. The put me in touch with a cattle farmer and I did get some steer manure. It smelled so bad in the neighborhood that I was almost banned from the Home Owners Association.:facepalm: Anyway, I now just use commercial garden fertilizer from the farm store.

PS: My wife got so upset at me whining and complaining that my DYI juice was just so bad that she told me to just go ahead and order something that I would like and stop complaining. Besides that I was taking up too much space in her kitchen. Sooooo, I ordered 50 Ml of Black Magic from EC Blends (my all daay vape)

If you start growing hay you could sell that back to the people you bought the poo from! haha

Glad you (unknowingly? >.>) got your wife to all you to order something you love!

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
I'm working on my 4th blu since i ordered my starter kit, had an njoy in between (not too good) they just get expensive having to buy one every day =/blu's are $10 a pop around me =/ I'll be good for today at least, since wifey bought me one, but it seems like the SI office is closed? i sent in a ticket, but with the office close i assume i wont be getting a reply today. i wish my t3 was compatable with my holiday battery!! lol

You should be able to get replacement cartos for the Blu. Walgreens carries them but I don't know if you have that chain in your town. You might try searching online for local retailers who carry ecigs with replacement cartos. Some tobacco stores are carrying ecigs, you could call the ones in your area and ask them if they have the ones with replacement cartos.

When you are able, build up your supplies to at least 3 or 4 batteries, two chargers, some blank cartos and two or three bottle of liquid. Then replace as needed. Having backups is so important when we have to get our supplies through the mail.

Good luck to you, Element!

Element_Baz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
You should be able to get replacement cartos for the Blu. Walgreens carries them but I don't know if you have that chain in your town. You might try searching online for local retailers who carry ecigs with replacement cartos. Some tobacco stores are carrying ecigs, you could call the ones in your area and ask them if they have the ones with replacement cartos.

When you are able, build up your supplies to at least 3 or 4 batteries, two chargers, some blank cartos and two or three bottle of liquid. Then replace as needed. Having backups is so important when we have to get our supplies through the mail.

Good luck to you, Element!

I'm only getting the disposables as i dont see a need right now to have two starter kits, (as i can't afford that either :p) I'm definitely placing a stock order with christmas money though, my firs torder should last me through mid january anyway :D

and i have several smoke shops near by that sell all kinds of e-liquid, I'll really only HAVE to order cartos, clearos and batts from SI if the going thes tough and i need liquid now :D (but i plan on having a nice sized stock as mentioned earlier)

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
I'm only getting the disposables as i dont see a need right now to have two starter kits, (as i can't afford that either :p) I'm definitely placing a stock order with christmas money though, my firs torder should last me through mid january anyway :D

and i have several smoke shops near by that sell all kinds of e-liquid, I'll really only HAVE to order cartos, clearos and batts from SI if the going thes tough and i need liquid now :D (but i plan on having a nice sized stock as mentioned earlier)

Yeah, it's expensive in the beginning because you need a fair amount of 'stuff' to get started vaping. For some it gets better. Unfortunately, it hasn't for me. I buy more than I need....just 'cause it's there. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread