Choosing Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Tn
Being as picky as I am is making it hard to choose. I have been using a Provari's with 18350 and 18500 batteries for a couple of years now. My batteries are getting old and it's time to dispose of them. I've been changing them too many times during the day. I would like to solely use 18650's.
I work in construction and can be kinda clumsy so I need durability. I like the solid colors like black, grey or a variant of both.
Mods that appeal to me so far.
Vapedroid
dotmod 75
Jac Vapour original
Vaporshark dna60
Xvo

I don't mind to spend around 150.00.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Getting ahold of a jac vapor original might be difficult iirc they stopped making them. The sandstorm is almost identical though. The two undisputed kings of durability are the ageis, and the ageis legend. Neither are small and they tend to come in mildly annoying colors but they’re drop proof, dust proof, crushproof, and waterproof

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Geekvape Aegis and Legend come to mind for durability and toughness. As @bombastinator said, they are both a little on the large and heavy side. Not really pocket friendly unless you have large pockets. There is also the new Aegis Mini, the smallest version made which has an internal 2200 mAh battery. I'm getting one of these for my daughter for Christmas.

I had a Legend and it was too large and heavy for my tastes. I have the Mini and like it a lot for what it is. Tough, durable pocket mod that is comfortable in the hand.

Downside is it only is available with the 2200 mAh internal battery. You're familiar with the short battery time with a Mini Provari. The Aegis Mini will last about the same amount of time depending upon how often you vape. If your situation allows, you could charge via mini USB if near an outlet as it only takes half an hour to charge fully, or you might need to use two separate setups to last the day. Hey, you need a backup setup anyway, right?

I was a long time Provari user. I love my two JAC Vapour series B DNA75. Size-wise, they remind me of a more powerful Provari Mini. I have both the original black version (now out of production) and the current sandstorm version. It seems robust enough for your situation. I particularly like the size and shape (a hybrid of a tube and box mod) for its pocket-friendly characteristic.
JAC Vapor series B DNA75W

Last edited:

Tinben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Tn
thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions and give me good suggestions. The Aegis mods would probably work for me as well as the Jac Vapor. The only thing about the Jac is it might be top heavy or more than another box mod. I broke my RTA just by my falling over. I have to buy parts for it now. The Aegis I am seriously considering but also the XVO stick. Kinda looks like it might protect RTA.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
considering but also the XVO stick

Hey Tinben. :)

I'm a huge fan of the XVO, and it's a "must have" for me.

My ONLY concern is that right now I think they're still only taking pre-orders, and that can be a lengthy proposition (if this run follows the way our run did, back in 2015). It's the only time I've ever pre-ordered anything, as I'm basically not fond of the concept.

It was worth it for me, but my experience is that it may draw out longer than they're currently saying.

Tough call. If I didn't have one, I just might (but I can't say that for sure). I much prefer products that ship when they take my money.

Xvos_20181208_202654.jpg

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions and give me good suggestions. The Aegis mods would probably work for me as well as the Jac Vapor. The only thing about the Jac is it might be top heavy or more than another box mod. I broke my RTA just by my falling over. I have to buy parts for it now. The Aegis I am seriously considering but also the XVO stick. Kinda looks like it might protect RTA.

Now's a good time to get one or two (obviously because holidays) but I saw some great deals online. The XVO looks rugged and durable also. Never used in person but I'm a huge fan of compact mods that pack a punch. Battery life also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread