The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Christmas Shopping

Discussion in 'VaporBomb' started by Big Moe, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Big Moe

Big Moe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Anyone started on Christmas shopping? I have 6 kids so I put layaway in awhile back and have been shopping ever since. I have to wrap as I go just in case some kids want to snoop around. The only reason I haven't put my tree up yet is because I would really like to get a new one just waiting on a good deal to pop up.

2. roosterado

roosterado Super Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2014
    willmar MN
    I Predict there will be Big discounts in Dec from Online Vape Gear Vendors especially Juice Venders. That said today I am going to order a Buffalo Leather Billfold,Money Clip and Mouse pad for gifts for my sister family. There is a Local Company Here in Minnesota That makes these-purses-checkbook ,covers etc

3. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    just put some scarfs I made in Christmas bags then into a box for shipping..I need to do some more sewing and I will be done for shipping stuff..

4. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014
    Haven't even looked at starting yet.

5. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    You are gonna make them happy this year!!!

6. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Love homemade scarfs!!!!! They are the very best!!!

7. firerat

firerat Senior Member Verified Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
    I don't have kids!!

Can you say gift cards!!

:D

My wife and mom are the only ones I buy actually "gifts" for.

8. firerat

firerat Senior Member Verified Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
    What's a "scarf"......I'm from Florida hehe

9. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    My wife keeps an eye out for little gifty things for the kids throughout the year and will often pick up toys that the kids may like when she spots them on sale. Beyond that, the rest is usually left to me, my credit card, and Amazon on Black Friday and beyond. We often go to a nearby mall on Black Friday, but it's usually to people watch and let grandpa buy things for the kids. Complicating everything is the fact that my son's birthday is December 9th...

10. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    my friends and I all live in the woods, so we buy each other deer corn, bird seed, shelled peanuts, dog food and cat food, so all the critters out here can make it thru the winter.

the raccoons, woodpeckers, birds, deer and even any stray or homelss animals that may wander by that we don't know about, will be eating all winter.

Best part: come Spring, there is no "stuff" or chachkies laying around to collect dust, and nothing to add to possessions. :)

11. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    I meant that for rbecky sorry.... My dad just moved to Florida 2 months ago. After the 12 degree weather here Im considering building a house on his property

12. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    You sound like me and my husband. People watching during Holiday season is very amusing especially when you have to take someone else shopping at the mall of all places... I am loving Amazon Prime - I bought my sister a crib on there and 2 day free shipping can't beat it. I actually have been purchasing a lot from there and put it back for Christmas. We have a son who is in the high school police program and so he is into all this cop stuff. I have actually found a lot there for reasonable pricing compared to the actually sites. If I seen this Christmas list from anyone else child I would be a bit concerned...... Smith and Wesson Nickle plated handcuffs, 21 inch baton, pepper spray....................... LOL

13. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    That is incredible - I love animals and the outdoors but I don't think I could live out there. Growing up my father had over 200 acres where he built a cabin - It did have electricity but no plumbing or gas.... We love taking the kids out there because it is so peaceful and you don't have to watch them like a hawk like you do in the city.

14. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    Heh. Ever notice when you take a bunch of kids camping, there is really a whole lot LESS to clean up........:lol: It's sorta wonderful.

I do have electricity and water, but I am pretty far out, which is sorta or may become a problem as I am single and 61 with arthritis, so dunno how long my dream will last, but I really don't wanna give it up so I will just keep on as long as I can :)

15. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Good for you!!!!

16. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I ordered somethings this past month that I can't get in stores....I am almost done with all of mine....but no kids around to have to buy for so it's pretty easy......

17. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Since my sister had her baby Black Friday I only went to two stores yesterday but it was around 4:30 so by then it really wasn't as busy as I thought it was going to be. Bath and Body and Toys R Us which they were pretty much out of everything that was a steal.

18. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
  19. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Hopefully I can be finished Friday

20. mac63

mac63 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2014