Cigarette-free for almost two months (The Wife and I)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotfactory

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
San Jose, CA
I just wanted to share my excitement.

I will start and the very beginning. I bought a J118 3-piece kit from LitecigUSA back in Feb 2009. I was so stoked to get it. When it finally arrive I charged the battery and gave it a go. It tasted pretty bad, and I had no idea what I was doing. My roommates (also smokers) all laughed at me, and my now wife thought I was partially crazy. Needless to say, I didn't even attempt to stop smoking. After about a week I put the kit in the closet and it stayed there (and it is still there).

Fast forward to June 2011. A buddy of mine was off on cigarettes and fully on ecigs for 4 weeks. He came to visit us for the the weekend and I thought there was no way he was going to make it through an entire weekend at my house without smoking (I smoked a lot, 1.5 PAD). He made it, no problem. He was (and still is) using a V2 KR808D1.

I was impressed at his success so I decided to jump back in. I did a lot of research (in 2 nights) and decided I would give the KR808D1 a try, I liked the 2-piece design idea. I am not one to pay more for things than I need two so I bought two generic KR808 kits from MVS (my buddy swore by V2 and still does, no matter what I tell him about all the options out there, but if he is happy, I guess that is all that matters).

The kits arrived on a Friday and we stopped smoking completely the following Sunday night. 6/5/2011 was the last time my wife and I had a cigarette.

I quickly began purchasing different batteries and mods, tons of different juices, and at this point have spent MUCH more than we have saved. Sometimes this bothers me, but then I realize how much better we both feel, and how much FUN we are having by NOT smoking! We have tried to quit before and it was simply miserable.

We went to Vegas one month into our full time vaping (drove there) and we did not even consider smoking, which for us was a BIG achievement, I mean its Vegas, and 16 hours in a car...

At this point, we both have no interest in smoking, and we are still having a lot of fun vaping. At some point I plan to stop vaping, but I am in no hurry at all. I feel much better, am having a blast, and at least my money is going to small American (even if they are reselling China-made products) businesses vs big tobacco and the outrageous taxes that tobacco users are paying.

That is all.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Congratulations!!!

Don't worry about the fact that you've spent more vaping. You're new to this and the costs will taper off. 49% of everything I've spent on e-cigs, liquid, batteries, etc. was in my first 3 months of vaping. Now, after 19 months, I spend very little (my last two purchases were a bunch of atomizers in mid-May and some empty plastic bottles on June 1.) I am planning to buy some batteries and liquid in the next few weeks but that won't make a dent in my savings (not counting the fact that vaping probably saved my life. :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread