Cities That Ban E-Cigs In Designated Non Smoking Areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
How will they know? "Hey, are you baking in there?" "Is that fruit I smell?" "Okay, who has the sweet coffee?"

I don't get how they can ban something legal in your own home that poses no health threat to others in the building. SMH

Edited to answer question: yes I would still vape. Unless they see me, how would they prove it?

BostonJim

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Well since you're in California, get a marij.... card, light up said marij.... then vape away. the marij.... will cover up the vape smell.

California, what a messed up state. Its fine to smoke stuff in your own home, but don't you dare vape. I firmly believe that the more politicians get involved in our life, the more screwed up the system becomes.

Dreaswi

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Tennessee, USA
The property owner has the right to dictate if you can smoke/vape in the dwelling and that is for everywhere. If you rent be prepared to pay the price if caught and that is a big IF. The odds of getting caught are slim unless you vape a stinky tobacco flavor or are seen doing this. It might violate your lease and cause eviction or a fine.

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

CNYC

Feb 19, 2014
NYC
Well since you're in California, get a marij.... card, light up said marij.... then vape away. the marij.... will cover up the vape smell.

California, what a messed up state. Its fine to smoke stuff in your own home, but don't you dare vape. I firmly believe that the more politicians get involved in our life, the more screwed up the system becomes.

I don't live there yet. I am still weighing the positives and negatives. The only negatives WHICH ARE HUGE are the smoking laws. I made the transition to E-Cigs (good job) . Now those will be banned for the most part. Medical MJ is on my priority list for sure (have a valid claim) BUT there is a LARGE GRAY AREA when it comes to smoking it in shared living places such as an apartment complex. I've got a few stealth moves that might help me but nothing is guaranteed. All it takes is one ...... to catch a whiff and spoil my day.

Having a MMJ Card does not allow you to have card blanche when smoking rules apply.

This country is making me dizzy...dizzier than the nicotine I vape.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
If they do not see me doing it IN the apt then they cannot prove I am doing it. I defy anyone to tell by nose if that smell is strawberry shampoo or strawberry vape.

I look at it this way. All these laws about you cannot smoke within 500 ft of school property. Well what about the old lady that has owned a house across the street from a school (much less than 500 ft). I do see anyone arresting or fining grandma for smoking in her own home. Now if she went out on her front porch you bet they will jump on her.

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
I always comply with current regulations in whatever area I am in, however, in cases like this, I am outraged by the gross misuse of our legal system. "Think of the children!" They cry. I don't have any children, nor will I ever. Therefore I can safely vape in my own domicile without harming "the children". Welcome to 1984 people. We're only thirty years late.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
My apartment manager is a rabid ANTZ, and has been for the 13 years I've known him. He could never really stop smoking in the apartments, but did refuse any repairs or upgrades to smokers, on the belief that the unit was "wrecked" anyway ...

When satellite dishes first became popular, he went nuts, forbidding them on the balcony railings, because they would "cause damage". People got them anyway, there was nothing about dishes in the rental agreement form. The manager removed one, and got in trouble with the dish provider, had to return and re-install it ...

Most of the tenants in my complex are middle-class Mexican families, and cheerfully ignore the little tyrant and his "bans" ...

I vape inside, and defy anyone to prove it ... :D

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
So you move to a new city then all of a sudden (like in San Diego) they ban E-Cigs in your non smoking apartment. Do you still vape and are you concerned that you will get caught ?

I am 44yrs old but mommy and daddy still frighten me:laugh:

I vape in non smoking hotel rooms too. They can't tell.

Busted knuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Portland, Oregon.
Look at it this way, your vapor is similar to glade air freshener spray (actually better, fewer chems). So, being in the privacy of your own home and not doing any harm to anyone or anything, I say go ahead.

I've been vaping in my home for a year now and I've seen no ill effects. No buildup of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread