Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hah! I had no trouble falling asleep in school without the help of any mind-altering substances. :D

That's what coffee and cigarettes were for. Maybe I should have just slept.

However, we're rather fond of our Constitution because (among other things) it explicitly prevents those in power from prosecuting us for doing things like filming/reporting in a public place or for posting opinions that they find disagreeable on the Internet.

Eh, it doesn't quite seem that way when the head of the executive branch of this government frequently refers to the free press as an "enemy of the state". Certainly more the thing you expect to hear in places like the old Soviet Union from folks like Stalin. Unless it's Fox and he likes the story.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
That's what coffee and cigarettes were for. Maybe I should have just slept.

Eh, it doesn't quite seem that way when the head of the executive branch of this government frequently refers to the free press as an "enemy of the state". Certainly more the thing you expect to hear in places like the old Soviet Union from folks like Stalin. Unless it's Fox and he likes the story.
Unfortunately main stream media is the propaganda division of the demonrat party.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

3BxxEX5.gif

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Eh I talked to some new coworkers yesterday about "you can be too left wing" and how I tell them to go to China for a while.... One of the older docs LOVED it. Course, his dad was from CUBA.

I don't think there is a thing wrong with our constitution other than if they had been a bit more visionary and added a FEW MORE checks and balances like "elected officials are elected via a lottery" and "Term limits are a thing." Also, "Paid Lobbyists to have their heads placed on poles before the house of Congress as a Warning to Big Business." Maybe throw in a "this is not a paid position unless your homeless person comes up on the lottery" type thing.

Felons are included. Based on my knowledge of the behavior of politicians, big business and whatnot, Felons would be a sweet and charming addition to the mix. They WANT to do crime, they just aren't as good at it/get caught."

Okay this is starting to sound a bit like, well, lDK Attila the Hun style government.

Although to be fair, if Attila was raping you well at least you KNEW IT at the time. Etc.

Anna

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA

I see it as quite the opposite really and a serious obvious problem and threat is being exposed.

When day, after day, after day, after day, I see the same exact catch phrases used by all left leaning television, radio, social media, major print, and politicians using the same words to describe a belief to be disseminated to the masses, and it happens within a span of minutes or hours I know that a disinformation attack of vast proportions is being perpetrated on the US population. It makes all forms of media sounding like parrots that have only learned a few phrases without thought behind their words. This is unbiased news? It is obvious and blatant and there is no way a thinking person could classify this as anything other than propaganda on a very large scale. This is especially clear when a short time later it is proven that these catch phrases that are designed to sway opinion are provably false, and yet it had already done it's disinformation work and no retractions are issued to correct the errors leaving the initial impression intact and the objective achieved.

This cannot happen by accident given the frequency of the occurrences. The real question is who is the entity originally crafting and having the power to control the narrative to this degree?

If the Russians and their shenanigans affected the 2016 election, it was quite mild in comparison to this level of organized propaganda. I guess Americans are really good at just about everything, including propaganda.

The only folks less trusted at this point than the current media... all forms of media, is our politicians. But at least with the politicians we are not supposed to trust them, but keep an ever watchful eye. We need to take the same view towards the media now which shapes so much of the populations opinions. This not a left/right thing either. Distrust all media now because they are not worthy of our trust.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Eh I talked to some new coworkers yesterday about "you can be too left wing" and how I tell them to go to China for a while.... One of the older docs LOVED it. Course, his dad was from CUBA.

I don't think there is a thing wrong with our constitution other than if they had been a bit more visionary and added a FEW MORE checks and balances like "elected officials are elected via a lottery" and "Term limits are a thing." Also, "Paid Lobbyists to have their heads placed on poles before the house of Congress as a Warning to Big Business." Maybe throw in a "this is not a paid position unless your homeless person comes up on the lottery" type thing.

Felons are included. Based on my knowledge of the behavior of politicians, big business and whatnot, Felons would be a sweet and charming addition to the mix. They WANT to do crime, they just aren't as good at it/get caught."

Okay this is starting to sound a bit like, well, lDK Attila the Hun style government.

Although to be fair, if Attila was raping you well at least you KNEW IT at the time. Etc.

Anna
I just want to add public executions after their terms end due to voted out by the people

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I just want to add public executions after their terms end due to voted out by the people

You could do that in California...

But the Governor would just go against the Will of the People and set aside the Executions.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I so don't wanna go French, but it really is yeah time for some public executions, by guillotine.

A guillotine is.... Well having put my neck in a real one when I went there, Europe was surpassingly good at torture in the middle ages.

Kinda like we are now with the jail system. It was "go help the juvenile detention kids day of the month." I know some of them "deserve it" but no one deserves to be treated like that.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! LOL, the jail that was gonna hire me but couldn't CALLED me again, to interview me. LOL. Right hand does not know what left hand is doing. It did give me a chance to say... "No, and here's why and then I did that inhale/exhale at the same time thing where I told the recruiter the whole story FAST, but like, at the end I felt a little bad.

Only a little now, and now I look at the Pima County Sheriff's department as angels of mercy and etc. and dispensation of God's justice, but I still would rather they not try to recruit me AGAIN.

LOL.
Anna

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
I wonder if its really out of concern for the youth, or the tobacco companies/lobbyists that don't want competition.

From the article:

“The industry is addicting a whole new generation of youth to nicotine,” he said. The proposed legislation is “a major step in preventing that gateway from e-cigarette addition to tobacco use and tobacco addiction. This will save hundreds, if not thousands of lives.”

Do people really go from vaping to cigarettes? I've never heard of that. Vaping allowed me to quit smoking and I haven't seen any studies that nicotine alone is causing cancer and death.

Last edited:

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I so don't wanna go French, but it really is yeah time for some public executions, by guillotine.

A guillotine is.... Well having put my neck in a real one when I went there, Europe was surpassingly good at torture in the middle ages.

Kinda like we are now with the jail system. It was "go help the juvenile detention kids day of the month." I know some of them "deserve it" but no one deserves to be treated like that.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! LOL, the jail that was gonna hire me but couldn't CALLED me again, to interview me. LOL. Right hand does not know what left hand is doing. It did give me a chance to say... "No, and here's why and then I did that inhale/exhale at the same time thing where I told the recruiter the whole story FAST, but like, at the end I felt a little bad.

Only a little now, and now I look at the Pima County Sheriff's department as angels of mercy and etc. and dispensation of God's justice, but I still would rather they not try to recruit me AGAIN.

LOL.
Anna
I'd pay to see some politicians and horrible convicts get the guillotine /shooting /hanging whatever the PC crowd wants as long as the result is death. This forgive /turn the other cheek/tolerate has cost our nation too much over time

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
I wonder if its really out of concern for the youth, or the tobacco companies/lobbyists that don't want competition.

From the article:

Do people really go from vaping to cigarettes? I've never heard of that. Vaping allowed me to quit smoking and I haven't seen any studies that nicotine alone is causing cancer and death.
That is a word for word direct quote from Dick Durbin. They must have a little book full of approved statements.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
The quote from the article.
They love to make the claim vaping is a gateway to cigarettes, but I have never seen any evidence of that. Sure, some people go back to cigs primarily because they cannot get the right vape setup they need thanks to a goverment that doesn't care.
The same people will claim another substance they want to legalize is NOT a gateway to something worse. It may not be for everyone, but it sure is for some.

Last edited:

TylerA

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2019
Alberta, Canada
The quote from the article.

Gotcha ;)

They love to make the claim vaping is a gateway to cigarettes, but I have never seen any evidence of that. Sure, some people go back to cigs primarily because they cannot get the right vape setup they need thanks to a goverment that doesn't care.
The same people will claim another substance they want to legalize is NOT a gateway to something worse. It may not be for everyone, but it sure is for some.

I'm not sure I understand the logic on their end. They want to ban it until FDA deems it safe, but everyone already knows the dangers and risks associated with cigarettes, yet they're still perfectly legal to sell?

XuAn1pQ.jpg

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
it will be banned globally within 10 years, governments are losing too much money on all those people stopping smoking overpriced tobacco...

Jeez....I hope not and don't think so. I have to hang on to the idea that not everything boils down to money and taxes......:) Thanks for your support on my previous posts by the way :)

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

I read once that when Kings of ancient Sparta finished their 10 year term in office they were automatically put on trial for treason. They had to prove they were innocent or be executed. Maybe that would keep politicians honest.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I read once that when Kings of ancient Sparta finished their 10 year term in office they were automatically put on trial for treason. They had to prove they were innocent or be executed. Maybe that would keep politicians honest.
Innocent until proven guilty.

My money would have been on New York. But SF doesn't surprise me. Welcome to communism.
Up here in Canada, all of the places that have 'no smoking' signs, DON'T have 'no vaping' signs....YET!
So I personally enjoy pushing the boundaries and vaping in those areas.
No enforcement or anyone else for that matter has approached me yet, saying I can't vape, but I push it because I want to say to said figure "but, I'm NOT smoking"... And I want to get a ticket and bring it to court to argue it, and tip off the media in order to get the convo started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread