Classic USB Passthrough Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
You can make your passthrough last a lot longer by reinforcing the bit of wire that goes into the cherry end of the passthrough casing. You can use a small piece of electrical tape or, ideally, heatshrink.

Two of my passthroughs have broken now because this wire got stripped inside the plastic cherry. Passthroughs will last exponentially longer if you reinforce the wire.
Hey Zach........I used a drop or two of Gorilla super glue on the end and let it hang over a table overnight.......that sucker is locked on for life!:)The Wiz!

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm sorry I can't give you pics. I'm computer illiterate and still haven't figured out how to get pics into this forum. If anyone would like to send me directions I would appreciate it. I do know how to use my digital and get the pics into my comp, just not smart enough to get them here. It's tough being handicapped.
Start a photobucket account. It's free. Upload all your pictures there and you get a link for each one that you can cut and paste in the forum.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

And I can vouch for this one:
1000ma 12v adapter
It's made by Phillips (SJM2208/17) and works great. GabbyD recommended it and I believe she said she found hers in the aisle with the TV adapters and such. That's where my store had them as well. Around $10 bucks or so

USB20Charger20iPhone3g1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread