cleaning and taking apart the leo tank atty, can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSeve

Nov 22, 2010
Des Moines, Wa
I've been getting sort of a stagnate flavor out of my tank atty, my vendor suggested theres some burnt liquid stuck inside and suggested trying to pry up the metal plat that sits above the bridge, he said this works with ego tanks, but he hasn't tried it yet with a leo.

I found a pretty good tool to fit under the plate and I popped it up, but now I can't get it out, the diameter of the atty gets narrower towards the top, I've been trying but the plate keeps getting .... eyed and stopping. I'll gladly post pictures of how to do this, once I figure it out

RedSeve

Nov 22, 2010
Des Moines, Wa
well I got it off, looks like it may not be made to take off, looks like some fabric was attached to the plate or something, though the plate is totally clean, not sure where or how it attached, but it also doesn't seem like it'd just be like that for no reason. I rinsed it with water and alcohol, and I'm gonna let it dry and then put it all back together and see if I broke it or fixed it

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
Well the ego spike plate was oval in shape and you had to have it come out that way . The plate if anything like and ego is a tight fit and when replace right you almost hear it press of snap into place . If yours is moving I would say it is not in right . I am mainly off tanks due to problems and low vapor production .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread