The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cleaning Supplies

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by John Cominski, Jul 22, 2021 at 2:31 AM.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. John Cominski

John Cominski New Member

Sep 27, 2020
    I'm having trouble find quality cleaning supplies for my vape mods. Looking inside there always seems to be a bit of crud in the mouthpiece and the only one I've been able to get has some serious warnings on the solution bottle. A local vape shop suggested alcohol and a pipe cleaner?? Was in the hospital with pneumonia in May which of course the doctors blamed on vaping. Argued with them and eventually they sheepishly came back and said it was a bacterial infection. As an aside, got busted sneaking a vape draw or two in the hospital, but that's a different story for another time. I think it (the pneumonia) may have been caused by the face diapers we've been wearing as I never washed my cotton one. But, it also seems like a good idea to clean out your vape mode. Personally I leave mine in my pocket when walking around and who know what stuff goes down the mouthpiece. Anyway, if any knows of a good cleaning kit let me know or if one of the manufacturers comes up with one it'd would probably be a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Territoo

Territoo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I once accidentally ran a drip tip, that's what the mouth piece is called, through the washing machine, and it came out sparkling clean. That's how I clean mine now. I throw one in with a load of laundry. You will need spares, of course to use while the wash is running. They can be purchased at Amazon if you are in a hurry or there are dozens of options at Fasttech. Otherwise you have to scrub and it doesn't seem to get as clean.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Connector-Honeycomb-Standard-Machine/dp/B08V4SVW1X/ref=sr_1_3?crid=DCUFNT5K4MRE&dchild=1&keywords=drip+tips+for+vaping+510&qid=1626919418&sprefix=Drip+ti%2Caps%2C412&sr=8-3 is one option at Amazon.

• Like Like x 3
  3. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Don't think anyone makes an actual kit. I run hot water through everything and then use the twisted up corner of a paper towel to get inside parts like the drip tip.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    That will work just fine

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Superuser187

Superuser187 Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I use a tiny amount of dish soap in water in a cup and stir the parts and then rinse veeeeeeery good all the atomizer parts except the coils ofc... But I do that every couple months to the whole atomizer...

And i use alcohol to clean the driptip once almost everyday for bacterias and stuff....in case u get rubbing alcohol make sure u scrub the driptip or any part to dry it with a tissue or rinse with water first cause rubbing alcohol usually contain some lemon aromas and if it touches your lips it's bitter and ofc we wouldn't want that in our juice tank :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Hot water (you can also use mild dish soap but rinse it very well... I just use hot water) and alcohol (in my case... cheap vodka works fine)
    BTW, I'm sure you meant "tank"... "mod" is what we call the battery part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MJCSD

MJCSD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    I clean my drip tips with scotch and pipe cleaners

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Personally, I think vaping has an antibacterial (preventative) effect. Not to get into un-provable medical discussion, but that's my legit opinion.

I clean my stuff with vodka. Really - I have some 91% alcohol, but that's reserved for something that really needs disruption, and requires much more thorough rinsing after.
    I literally buy the cheapest big vodka bottle I can, and periodically (like when re-coiling) will drop an rda and a couple tips into a small glass of vodka for maybe a 10 minute soak. Then I'll use paper towel and maybe a pipe-cleaner for crevasses - rinse and dry and go.

I've thought about a sonic thingy...but it just seems like a solution to a problem I don't really have.
    :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Not something you need to over think about.
    Pipe cleaners, q-tips, paper towels, 2 x 2's, 4 x 4's, toilet paper.. what ever it takes.
    Your choice of alcohol, sink of soapy dish water, washing machine.. hot water...

You can pick any of those and they will be right.

I currently use only q-tips and hot water, but then, my hot water is almost boiling out the tap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Superuser187

Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    LIKE A MAN!!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Same.

• Like Like x 1
  12. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Welcome to ecf @John Cominski :thumbs:

I'll break a Q-tip in half and pull some of the batting off. Then run the broken end through the drip tip and inner chamber using hot water.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Right? I read that post in Sean Connery’s voice.

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. Superuser187

Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Omg me tooooo especially the word "scotch" with heavy British accent

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Territoo

Territoo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    What are us ladies to use, pink champagne? Or just stick with the washing machine?

• Funny Funny x 8
  16. gandymarsh

gandymarsh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2014
    WI, USA
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  17. Opinionated

Opinionated ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    An ultrasonic cleaner, vodka and pipe cleaners if your using regular tanks.

With the ultrasonic cleaner you don't add anything to the water, just throw them in - minus the orings - and let run around 10 minutes.

The pipe cleaners are for your drip tips, I find cleaning those daily a positive thing. Rinse any vodka off well and allow to air dry.

You can also use dishsoap on the tank parts if you like and rinse extremely, extremely, extremely well if you don't want to invest 40 dollars in an ultrasonic cleaner.

I wash my tank whenever I change flavors.

Never ever wash commercial coils.

• Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Opinionated

Opinionated ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I use vodka and snag my husband's pipe cleaners... lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.

20. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Welcome to ECF, John Cominski. My 'cleaning kit' is comprised of cotton swabs (Q-Tips), hot water and/or isopropyl alcohol, pipe cleaners, and a small towel/rag. I also try not to carry my mod in my pocket, I have several differently sized 'mod holsters' that I clip onto a belt loop.
    That's alcohol abuse! The pipe cleaners might not mind it though.. :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 1