clearo cracking fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpgtd

Apr 10, 2011
milwaukee, wi
ok so with my joye 510 I ordered some fluxomzers knowning they have cracking issues. I ordered so extra tubes for this and after having some crack on me I set out to fix this. well I looked at the way the plastic fits around the metal and saw that as u tighten or loosen the platic will slide over the metal grooves weakening the material. To stop this from happening I applied super glue to the metal and slid the tube back on, this stop the tube from turning and flexing. the tube would normally last a few days and then start to crack but with the glue added at the base I am on the ame tube for almost 2 weeks with no cracking. and I am still able to remove the tube, all the glue does is fill these grooves.

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
I'm all that familiar with clearos but, you don't want super glue in contact with the juice or in the vapor path.

Was just thinking that. Also, super glue gets brittle over time. You'll have to make sure that pieces of super glue doesn't get into your liquid.

The problems I have had with clearos is that not only do they crack at the bottom, but also at the top and on one, crack right down the middle (was using a citrus liquid).

The biggest flaw with the clearo is the tube - it's too thin.

I've replaced the tubes of my clearos with 3ml BD syringes. Works like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread