Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This is the only post I'm going to make on this thread. Its purpose is to establish a place where those who want to discuss the morality of clones vs authentics can do so on their own thread. This thread is also a place the rest of us can refer those who insist on bringing their invective to our product-oriented threads and turning it into a free-for-all.

Enjoy!

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
This is the only post I'm going to make on this thread. Its purpose is to establish a place where those who want to discuss the morality of clones vs authentics can do so on their own thread. This thread is also a place the rest of us can refer those who insist on bringing their invective to our product-oriented threads and turning it into a free-for-all. Enjoy!

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
I've gotten some decent clones, but have also gotten some horrible, horrible clones. I'm trying an authentic (will get it this weekend), and that'll be my first look into whether or not an authentic is worth it.

For what it's worth, my $20 FT KF4 is very nice. It's a complex design but they did a good job with it, even though it could have some better threading in places. Too bad it reeks of machine oil. I'd pay $180 for the real SM version, though.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Someone starts a thread about this a minimum of once a week on this forum. Or someone gets mad when someone posts on an authentic thread who has a clone. I wish everyone here would just be polite about it. If its a clone problem, then yes, it may not be the right thread, but it makes me roll my eyes that we have to have two threads on everything to discuss builds. Some poor people here have to repeatedly post their builds on two threads (and I thank those who do for taking all that time to do so).

I don't know why we all have to constantly go at each other about the same issue everyday. We each have our feelings about it and expressing those opinions constantly gets annoying to me.

By the way, I have both :D

BobATTY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
Houston
www.vaporider.deals
I bought a kayfunv4 clone because i couldnt find an authentic in-stock when i wanted to get it, once i can afford one i plan on still buying an authentic. I feel that in some cases the clone of a mod can actually make a higher demand for the authentic. I know that for the longest time i couldn't find an original kayfun because the demand for it was higher than their ability to supply the original. I dont think clones hurt them at all in that situation and made it more available to the masses.

I mean, how can you complain about losing money when you cant even meet the demand?

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I had a Provari once and I didn't like it. I hate one button mods. There should be 2 separate buttons for adjustments and one for firing. But it did hold its value as I sold it for what I paid for it.

have you ever considered going into used car sales ;) you would make the management quite happy

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I did own one. I sold it here to another member. and why the comment "have you ever considered going into used car sales you would make the management quite happy"?

if you sold a used provari for what you paid for it ( assuming you bought it new) and got a "new" value price when reselling, imagine the profits on selling used cars for the price of new... good profit margin :)

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Can I say this in this thread? Bronze, HBcorpse and Pinggolfer think they have the best Kayfuns and think that clones are crap. They always talk down on clones. I feel that some clones are made just as good as the authentics.

You have your opinion on clones and I have my opinion on them.How many Kayfun clone threads have you read about junk Kayfuns? Yes, I know you do your research before buying, but what about the 1000's who have issues and we both know there have been many issues. They look the same and may work the same but the quality is by no means the same. You already know how I feel about copying the name and logo's and selling them as if they were SvoeMesto's. Clone it and put your own name on it and don't post about any problems you may have showing pictures of a clone with SvoeMesto written all over it.

Did you know a Kayfun V4 clone was sold on the classified ads here as being real. The person who bought it paid $150.00.

you don't believe that I owned one?

I believe you owned one. I don't understand how the one button menu is a issue. It is so easy to get to the section of the menu you want in a few seconds. I have two 2.5's and the P3 and no problem with a single button. You were getting exact voltage every time you pressed the fire button. The Provari would have lasted you years and since you sold one for the same price I do find that a bit hard to swallow. They hold their value better than any mod but not retail price or even discontinued will return 100%.

BTW I have no issues with you at all.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
You have your opinion on clones and I have my opinion on them.How many Kayfun clone threads have you read about junk Kayfuns? Yes, I know you do your research before buying, but what about the 1000's who have issues and we both know there have been many issues. They look the same and may work the same but the quality is by no means the same. You already know how I feel about copying the name and logo's and selling them as if they were SvoeMesto's. Clone it and put your own name on it and don't post about any problems you may have showing pictures of a clone with SvoeMesto written all over it.

Did you know a Kayfun V4 clone was sold on the classified ads here as being real. The person who bought it paid $150.00.

I believe you owned one. I don't understand how the one button menu is a issue. It is so easy to get to the section of the menu you want in a few seconds. I have two 2.5's and the P3 and no problem with a single button. You were getting exact voltage every time you pressed the fire button. The Provari would have lasted you years and since you sold one for the same price I do find that a bit hard to swallow. They hold their value better than any mod but not retail price or even discontinued will return 100%.

BTW I have no issues with you at all.
I know there are poorly made clones. I try to only buy the good ones. I don't really like that my clones have the logos on them but I can't control that. I just love to save money and I feel that the authentics are over priced. I think some are equal in quality too.

I did hear about the clone selling as an authentic and that was rotten. That's how rotten people are these days. You have to be careful with anything you buy online.

My Provari sold for what I paid was because it was a discontinued color. Shiny Black and was in perfect condition.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I know there are poorly made clones. I try to only buy the good ones. I don't really like that my clones have the logos on them but I can't control that. I just love to save money and I feel that the authentics are over priced. I think some are equal in quality too.

I did hear about the clone selling as an authentic and that was rotten. That's how rotten people are these days. You have to be careful with anything you buy online.

My Provari sold for what I paid was because it was a discontinued color. Shiny Black and was in perfect condition.

You can control buying a clone with the Original name on it by not buying it and telling the dealer it's wrong. Already some one was screwed buying a clone for real right here on EFC. The authentics are not over priced after all they did all the engineering to make sure it works right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread