Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
The folks in here have a lot more experience than me, but I kept trying different builds and found my sweet spot by moving up to a 3mm coil and lowering it a bit so I could see the bottom of the coil when I look in the air hole.
I'll play a little more with it. Right now I have 2 2.5mm coils in it and it's pretty good. Might try again with single to up the airflow a bit. The only single coil build I've ever done that was satisfactory to me was a single Z coil in a Stumpy on top of a regulated squonker and using temp control. Worked great.

Reactions: LittleBird

Unior

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2015
Tennessee
I have gone back to 100% Kanthal A1 as well and 26g almost exclusively. im sure I could improve my vape 5% with temp control but I just don't have the time nor the patience to deal with it.
I still use TC a good bit but it can be a hassle. I'm really enjoying it more since I got a dna75 mod. But for the most part I use 26g, set it up and forget about it and just rewick every so often. I have to rebuild all of my TC atties constantly.
I cannot speak for the Chinarda, but I have a 3mm single, spaced with the coil, wicking just touching the bottom and no extra laying around. I think the wicking made the biggest difference in airflow for me.
how is your coil set up? Slant or centered? I was using a centered coil w/ x wick almost exclusively but lately I've been trying slanted w/ normal wicking & the coil set lower than the centered.

Reactions: LittleBird

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I love the flavor from the chinarda, too. My issue with it is I can't get the vapor density using any kind of single coil. With a great deal of effort, I managed a dual coil, but then the airflow became a bit more restrictive. I've really tried a whole lot of time trying various single coils in several different atties, but, for me, it's too anemic.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
Use a 3mm core to wrap your coil. 2.5mm will vape exactly as you have described. 3.5mm blocks off too much air and heats too slow for me. 3mm 26g 5,6, or 7 wrap works well. Try one of each until you find what suits you. My favorite for flavor is 7 wraps but it doesn't play nice with the dna75 at my power levels.

Try 6 wraps; too cold, to cloudy, not enough flavor? Go 5 wraps. To hot, too perfumey try 7 wraps.

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx
Im so spoiled with my LBC/24goon and CC/maker and Tmod/chinarda that i cant stand any of my rta's. It just doesn't cut it anymore. Is it just me? I break out an rta setup and 5 min later i im like ehhhh... And just put it up and go back to my squonkers

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Im so spoiled with my LBC/24goon and CC/maker and Tmod/chinarda that i cant stand any of my rta's. It just doesn't cut it anymore. Is it just me? I break out an rta setup and 5 min later i im like ehhhh... And just put it up and go back to my squonkers
Since I found regulated squonking, nothing else floats my boat. Recently, I got on an RTA kick and thought it was just perfect. Now, seems I can't get any flavor out of them. Back to squonking 100% myself.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I like my mechs a lot. I still use my CCs, my Pinch and even my modified REO. I have about 15 rtas that will probably go up for sale one of these days. Don't do tubes, but have a noisy cricket I like to play with from time to time with a non-bf rda. Normally, though, hybrids make me nervous.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Just a heads up:
I have about 10 chinardas left
25 CH-O-Attys
And almost all of the LBC Anno and powder colors left.
Stocking stuffers?
I'll send an email later, Tom....Please save me a couple of the O-attys.
How much are they? I'll pay with SurePay.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I still use TC a good bit but it can be a hassle. I'm really enjoying it more since I got a dna75 mod. But for the most part I use 26g, set it up and forget about it and just rewick every so often. I have to rebuild all of my TC atties constantly.

how is your coil set up? Slant or centered? I was using a centered coil w/ x wick almost exclusively but lately I've been trying slanted w/ normal wicking & the coil set lower than the centered.

I always place my coils as close to airflow as I can without blocking it. This one does happen to have a slight tilt to it and lowered, but probably not as much as ghosteye has it.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I like my mechs a lot. I still use my CCs, my Pinch and even my modified REO. I have about 15 rtas that will probably go up for sale one of these days. Don't do tubes, but have a noisy cricket I like to play with from time to time with a non-bf rda. Normally, though, hybrids make me nervous.

IMO squonking is the next step in the natural progression after mastering rebuilding tanks and drippers. Enjoy your evolution.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
I'll send an email later, Tom....Please save me a couple of the O-attys.
How much are they? I'll pay with SurePay.
Ch-O-Attys are 55 each. That said when the currently unspoken for 25 or so are gone I'm moving on to other attys and with any luck the mod I'm working on this weekend.

bigTRAV710

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2016
Fort Worth Tx

Ive seen 2 noisy crickets explode at my local vape shop,from autofire button and moronic user error. Be carefull with that thing. I started gettin all hybrid 510 mechs beacause alot of my reg 510 tube mods the insulator around or in the 510 get worn out from heat and the pins fall out. Every mech tube i have now doesnt have an adjustable 510 or insulator in the 510 to wear out . im about to buy some dual and triple 18650 parallel cust boxes from the Philippines.

Reactions: pwheeler

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Ive seen 2 noisy crickets explode at my local vape shop,from autofire button and moronic user error. Be carefull with that thing. I started gettin all hybrid 510 mechs beacause alot of my reg 510 tube mods the insulator around or in the 510 get worn out from heat and the pins fall out. Every mech tube i have now doesnt have an adjustable 510 or insulator in the 510 to wear out . im about to buy some dual and triple 18650 parallel cust boxes from the Philippines.
I know. I just bought the upgrade kit from FDV for the noisy cricket. Supposed to remedy some of the defects that thing has. I'm not using it until it arrives and I get it installed.

Reactions: havok333
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread