inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Just got a new toy today....
View attachment 549920
Just so I can make the 510 guts, all the bells and whistles and I'm hoping it comes in handy for attys as well, I'm betting it makes custom pins a lot faster. It's my first time using a lathe so it will be a steep learning curve but I'm ready.
Damn...that is one nice looking lathe, I'd bet the house you have it fine tuned in NO-TIME....!

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
Tom, can you remind me the battery that will go into the LBC?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Turnigy nano-tech 1500mah 3S 35~70C Lipo Pack

if i remember i thought it was the fullymax 900...er maybe not.the 1500 mah i have on the way is a nice batt and a bit more life then the 900.have you used a dna200?the escribe..i know ppl are gonna get sick of me saying this,but its just a super smart chip and is not real hard to navigate.im thinkin of tryin some ti and ss316 wire to see what the diff is from kanthal.hopin it dont mess with my asthma like the ni200 wire did.will be a drag if it does.

Reactions: havok333

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY

if i remember i thought it was the fullymax 900...er maybe not.the 1500 mah i have on the way is a nice batt and a bit more life then the 900.have you used a dna200?the escribe..i know ppl are gonna get sick of me saying this,but its just a super smart chip and is not real hard to navigate.im thinkin of tryin some ti and ss316 wire to see what the diff is from kanthal.hopin it dont mess with my asthma like the ni200 wire did.will be a drag if it does.
SS316l killed kanthal for Sloth. Literally. My "lifetime" kanthal stash hath been sold :)

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC

Yes, I have a couple DNA200s...an efusion and a Realeaux. I REALLY like the chip too but it only serves my Avocado tank and top fed Sapor at the moment. Can't wait for these LBCs so I can crank up the power for this Maker I've been enjoying so much.

I'm hoping someone with graphics talent can create a Catfish logo to fit the DNA200 screen! [emoji106]

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
SS316l killed kanthal for Sloth. Literally. My "lifetime" kanthal stash hath been sold :)
Sure enough! SS316L has been a game changer for me too, I have 0.5, 0.46, and 0.42. So far I've gotten the best use without even using temp control mode, but it's probably an issue with my settings.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin

Sure enough! SS316L has been a game changer for me too, I have 0.5, 0.46, and 0.42. So far I've gotten the best use without even using temp control mode, but it's probably an issue with my settings.

Thanks for the discussions about 316L! I got 24 and 26 gauge in yesterday and have some pre-made SS Clapton coils coming in today. Being brand new to mechs I've got some build questions to ask soon if it's o.k.
ETA: Well, shoot! I got confused and thought I was in the Custom Classic thread when I mentioned mechs. I blame age.

Last edited:

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Thanks for the discussions about 316L! I got 24 and 26 gauge in yesterday and have some pre-made SS Clapton coils coming in today. Being brand new to mechs I've got some build questions to ask soon if it's o.k.
No problem! As the Slothman already mentioned, the SS works great with mechs too. I'm curious, where did you find premade SS Claptons?

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
No problem! As the Slothman already mentioned, the SS works great with mechs too. I'm curious, where did you find premade SS Claptons?

Thanks and I believe it was @inspects who posted about them on another thread: Advanced Vape

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
ETA: Well, shoot! I got confused and thought I was in the Custom Classic thread when I mentioned mechs. I blame age.
Ask away anytime, we are here to help :) hope you enjoy the wire!

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Thanks and I believe it was @inspects who posted about them on another thread: Advanced Vape
Thanks man, that site like looks great! Here I've been slowly learning to twist my own wire, which I still pretty well suck at, but this place has very reasonable pricing on premade stuff! Will be making a ridiculous order later on, lol.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire

I've been using the Advanced Vape SS clapton wire for a month or so & have been very pleased with the quality. I bought the 30' roll from the site after finding them on ebay.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
I've been using the Advanced Vape SS clapton wire for a month or so & have been very pleased with the quality. I bought the 30' roll from the site after finding them on ebay.
That's where I found them as well I bought one of everything, very well built.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread