Status
Not open for further replies.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Like 'em!

Did you receive your NiFe 52 from Germany?

I see the two (2) Stumpy's. My NiFe 52 recommendation for them: dual 3mm, 9 or 10-wraps contact coils coming in between 0.15-0.17 Ω's, 450-460F, 44-48 watts depending on desired flavor & vapor.

I know this contrasts with Tom's recommendation but is my choice based on experience.
At 45 watts it's not a big issue. At 100w plus it begins to matter more.

Reactions: jazzvaper

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I know I'm slow on the uptake - work has me hoppin' all over. Are you doing any more twisted messes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably not... It took me more than a month to sell the 2 I bought to see if I could do,them.

Reactions: Paramaniac413

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Easy enough to do with Parallels which is sold, cheaply, at an Apple Store.

I have Windows 10 on both a MBP and an Air. Works as native, no fuss, no muss.

So if I buy Parallels do I still need to buy a copy of Windows10? Debating this or maybe a cheapie Windoz10 computer

Tapapaw[emoji252]

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
So if I buy Parallels do I still need to buy a copy of Windows10? Debating this or maybe a cheapie Windoz10 computer

Tapapaw[emoji252]
I am exploring this issue myself. On our Macs, in the utilities folder, there is Boot Camp Assistant. That will partition your hard drive and guide you through the steps to add Windows 10 to your Mac. I'm going to read more, but I might give it a go. Just back up your hard drive before doing it in case something goes wrong.

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
Anyone that has a goon or is getting one 528 customs has colored caps and extra post and catch bar kits if anyone was interested, I grabbed a couple of the post kits just in case. I've heard of a few tightening them down too much and bending or breaking the bar.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

drucco99

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Warren, MI, USA
did you load escribe software into your pc yet?
I did install escribe on my pc already. I just haven't tweaked any settings yet. There is a lot going on in escribe and I don't want to mess with anything until I know what I'm doing.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

drucco99

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Warren, MI, USA

drucco99

Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Warren, MI, USA
For ss use, you may want to go into Escribe and change the preheat watts. I think as it comes, it is set to 200w for 1 second. I put mine down to 100w and 0.5 seconds. IMHO, I don't think you need to preheat ss that much as it almost instantaneously fires anyway.
Thanks NatGasMan. I'll check this out. That may be why my first 2 coils got fried.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Thanks mota! Which spot should the logo be added to. The only open spot I have is the secondary spot?

You can put them wherever you like and even in the slots that have pics already. In other words you can replace any of them. Just go to the screen and it should say load next to the pic. Make sure you have the pic you want saved somewhere on your hard drive and chose it whe you hit load.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Thanks mota! Which spot should the logo be added to. The only open spot I have is the secondary spot?

Do what NatGasMAn just said then click 'Upload Settings To Device" at the top of the eScribe and youre all set. :thumbs:

Drillerrt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2015

Tapapaw
emoji252.png
I would also like the answer to this.

Reactions: pwheeler

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Hey everyone, I'm James btw. That way you don't have to type NtGasMan all the time. :)

For new users of Escribe, I thought I would share some tips as I had never used it until I got my first LBC. I was a little hesitant at first too.

After you download Escribe and get it running, hook up your LBC and it should ask you to download the settings. Say okay and after a couple of seconds it should be done. At this point I would click on the "File" button on the menu bar and do a "file save as" and save the file somewhere on your hard drive. Make sure to name it something you recognize and know where you put it. Lol.

Once you have done this, play around as much as you like. You won't mess anything up unless you click on upload settings to mod. (I'm doing all this from memory and don't have Escribe open to give you the exact button names. But it should be obvious) To recover after you have played and think you may have messed some settings up, you can either reopen the file you saved on your hard drive or you can simply download the settings from the LBC again. As long as you never upload anything from Escribe to your LBC, you can't mess it up.

Once you are comfortable with all your changes, you can then upload those settings to your LBC. Just click on the button at the top. If you watch your LBC while this is taking place and used any of the new screens, you will see those as it reboots.

I hope this helps some of you and feel free to ask me anything if I wasn't clear enough. :thumb:

rudedog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2014
toledo ohio
I did install escribe on my pc already. I just haven't tweaked any settings yet. There is a lot going on in escribe and I don't want to mess with anything until I know what I'm doing.

just go watch the tutorial at the evolv site man,its simple and if a burnout like me can figure it out i am positive ANYONE can do it...really your making it bigger then it is.as long as you can read you can do it....trust me.you can learn to do it on the site and it doesnt mess with your mod cuz its just practice,
scroll down to the escribe software and its right there,hope this helps ya.
escribe interactive training course

EVOLV - Home

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
you do need a copy of windows but it doesn't have to be windows 10, it could be 7 or 8 too, and it doesn't have to be a licensed copy, it could just be an un-licensed copy used for evaluation. an un-licensed copy of windows is ok to use, it just won't allow you to get all optional updates, only the critical updates, and it will prompt you from time to time to enter a serial number, but for use in a virtual machine for escribe only it is perfectly fine and legal even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread