Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Welcome to ECF. Drop Tom an email at the address in his logo.

121770.jpg

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Tom, did you do the epic holiday lasagna this year? Would love to see a pic if you did. Everytime you'd post about the lasagna in the past would make me crave Italian food for at least a week, lol.

To all: Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Nope... I found prime rib for 4.99lb so we went back to the previous tradition. 14lb prime rib for 8 people and nothing leftover but a few bones for badger.

Btw:The Ultem are built but I’m having a hard time with the magnets. My industrial strength “weld myself to myself” glue isn’t doing a thing with Ultem. Installed the magnets, let them sit for 2hrs went back and half of them pulled right out, time to get creative.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
hey man I'm not sure if 3D printed ultem is similar to regular ultem 1000 but be careful when trying any kind of Cyanoacrylates, it causes it to crack and craze! I use 2 part epoxy for magnets, it sticks pretty well to it

I checked all of the bores and saw no signs of crazing nor cracking. The area around my magnet pockets is pretty thick and the amount of glue is tiny due to the tight tolerances. I will have to look closely at the doors however as there is only 1/32” between the back of the magnet and the surface of the door.

Reactions: havok333

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
Hey Tom any chance of a sneak peak of our ultems or are you making me and Havock just dream of them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes, no rush getting them finished, but teaser progress pics are always fun! [emoji16]

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
It just dawned on me earlier that it is the Mother In Law's 86th birthday. We drove to Omaha to throw her a surprise b-day party for her 80th, and I started vaping because of that long trip. Wife would have no smoking in the new car, lol.

I grabbed a few disposable Blu things to get me through the long drive and had ordered a Blu kit straight to Omaha that was waiting for me when we arrived on Christmas Eve. I smoke my very last menthol cig late after the party, and haven't looked back since.

Sure, I fiddled with subpar vaping awhile (like most of us did) and finally happened upon Tom's shutdown thread about doing BF Atomics. He was awesome enough to fix the threading on a couple of my authentic Zenith V2s, and converted my existing Atomic and Zenith V1 (the tiny one with all the airflow!). Once I had the BF atties and my first REO, it's been pure bottom feed bliss ever since.

6 years smoke free and counting, and Tom you've been a huge help keeping it that way!

beez0527

SQUONKAHOLIC
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2014
Etna,OH
March will be 9 years for me and I toottle puffed for a long time then came the subtank and the rdas but I hated to drip and came across a sales post for a freaks how mini bf by catfish so I investigated and found reosmods. Motabrownie sold me the FSM and I got a reo and that was that around 2014 I believe, and I will be here as long as Tom is one great guy (kinda of an ar se) LOL but the good kind.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
March will be 9 years for me and I toottle puffed for a long time then came the subtank and the rdas but I hated to drip and came across a sales post for a freaks how mini bf by catfish so I investigated and found reosmods. Motabrownie sold me the FSM and I got a reo and that was that around 2014 I believe, and I will be here as long as Tom is one great guy (kinda of an ar se) LOL but the good kind.

Motabrownie.... Haven’t heard much from him lately... BTW you can thank him for all of the Catfish screens on both the LBC200 and the LBC75. Me thinks I will need to see if he wants to be a part of the 75c and possibly the 250c versions if and when the 250c comes out.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Other news in the Catfish realm (lol) I have switched to day shift at my regular job in hopes of scheduling my days more efficiently. I’m hoping this will help in devoting more time daily/weekly to Catfish business. Currently when I get home at 7am I respond to emails and slip into a coma until my son gets home from school and more often than not he takes up the lions share of my undivided attention leaving less time for Catfish work, hence the slow turn around time on mods of late. For my efforts and most definitely his he has gone from a 2.12gpa to a 3.57gpa in semester as well as winning the state championship with his high school football team. GO HORNETS!
E79CD29D-5456-4837-B648-9B86EC3A110C.jpeg

#67 center of pic

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
So, I dropped in here thinking I missed the Stumpy list.....
First off, Merry belated Christmas to all
Early Happy New Year to all!
Now, to the business at hand, any news on the Stumpy front?

Sorry man Harry keeps puting us on the back burner. Feel free to reach out to him on Facebook to maybe move us to the front burner. I’m down to 2 Stumpys myself.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
It just dawned on me earlier that it is the Mother In Law's 86th birthday. We drove to Omaha to throw her a surprise b-day party for her 80th, and I started vaping because of that long trip. Wife would have no smoking in the new car, lol.

I grabbed a few disposable Blu things to get me through the long drive and had ordered a Blu kit straight to Omaha that was waiting for me when we arrived on Christmas Eve. I smoke my very last menthol cig late after the party, and haven't looked back since.

Sure, I fiddled with subpar vaping awhile (like most of us did) and finally happened upon Tom's shutdown thread about doing BF Atomics. He was awesome enough to fix the threading on a couple of my authentic Zenith V2s, and converted my existing Atomic and Zenith V1 (the tiny one with all the airflow!). Once I had the BF atties and my first REO, it's been pure bottom feed bliss ever since.

6 years smoke free and counting, and Tom you've been a huge help keeping it that way!

I remember your box of treasures well. (Not to mention your apparent love of strong Vanilla juices). Trust me you are not alone on the Vanilla thing, the stories I could tell.....

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013

9 years? Gadzooks... I’m coming up on 5 years in February. The time flies....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread