Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Gosh, I'm going to miss this place. This is pretty much (sounds ridiculous, I know...) the majority of my social life. This is my hangout and you guys are my crowd.

Old dogs and new tricks..... I just joined Karen's Facebook group, but I don't know/use Facebook and without following the link she posted, I can't even find it again.

Funny, but it never crossed my mind that the Reos mods forum would ever go away. It's the only place I've ever hung out on the Internet.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
A very sad day, the worst ever in the 3 years I’ve ran on ECF. It’s been coming for a long time, I knew that, but didn’t expect it to be so abrupt. Hopefully Admin will have the common sense to at least archive the forum for future reference.

Thanks Robert for all you’ve done, and to the folks here for the banter and support.

Gosh, I'm going to miss this place. This is pretty much (sounds ridiculous, I know...) the majority of my social life. This is my hangout and you guys are my crowd.

Old dogs and new tricks..... I just joined Karen's Facebook group, but I don't know/use Facebook and without following the link she posted, I can't even find it again.

Funny, but it never crossed my mind that the Reos Mods forum would ever go away. It's the only place I've ever hung out on the Internet.

I don’t do FaceBook and now will have no reason to do ECF any longer without this forum. So I guess this will be goodbye to all of you. Best of luck in your lives.

Spy

Last edited:

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Rob,

I have been on the REO journey for about a year, not nearly as long as many on this forum, but long enough to become and feel part of the REO family.

It has been an absolutely wonderful ride and while it is now changing direction, I wish you the very best as you move forward and take on the next chapter in your life.

You are a wonderful craftsman, Rob, and you build an absolutely wonderful mod. But, more than that, you set a tone of support, friendship, integrity and professionalism. Those things are hard to come by in today's world and while you will be missed by many, you will never, ever be forgotten.

Thank you, Rob...You have made a wonderful and lasting impression in my life. Hats off to you and may the best of life, lie ahead....:thumbs:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Man, this hit like a ton of bricks, I hadn't expected this at all. I understand that there comes a time in all of our lives when things change, and we take different directions, but I just kinda assumed you, and the forum, would be here forever. It's now like a giant hole has opened up in the ecf universe. Yes, you have meant that much to me, and certainly others. I've considered this group my home, even tho I post and read thru all of ecf, but this group is where I've felt more bound to. Anyway, the best to you, you are the best.
Guess I'll have to keep with the FB group and hopefully keep up with some of the group here.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
This is the best, most friendly forum I visit and will miss you all. Too many to name but there are some great characters here. It's the one I come to daily without fail. I know how how feel Rob and I'm ready to slow down with work myself. I'm not sure there is anywhere else on EFC I'll visit but will have to look around; it's been a long time since I've been anywhere but here.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Congratulations Rob But Ouch I consider this forum my home on ECF. I only venture out to an e-liquid forum occasionally. This is my go-to space for all things ecig related. The friendships, wisdom and helpfulness are like none other I've experienced her on on ECF. (I stopped chasing non-Reo shiny stuff a long time ago) And that all stems from the ModMaster. Thank you Rob! I've cherished many hours of learning and sharing. Am hoping that I never took any for granted.

I also want to thank all the veterans who were here when I got here a few years ago. THANK YOU!

I know that my last purchase (P-67) won't be my last Reo. My hope is that there will be some way for us Reonauts to still stay in touch. So grateful we have a FB page and I can see that I will be visiting it more often. (Thanks Karen!).

When will the forum close Rob? Also hoping that some of this knowledge can be preserved as well.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
Driving home this evening....holding my Gold anodized Grand, I was stuck by a bit of melancholy. Agreeing with what Spydro stated, this forum is the only reason I come to ECF....I have for a couple years now, everyday, but life goes on. I do not do Facebook so when this forum goes, a chapter in my life closes. It has been wonderful and I have had the opportunity to befriend many wonderful people here and it is all thanks to Rob. It literally changed my life.

Like Mr. Gunderson finally retiring and closing down the malt shop, we must move on and start new chapters. It won't be the same but all will be good. I will miss many of you and I wish you all the best in your adventures. I wish I had the time to get to know more of you and perhaps our paths will cross elsewhere.

Once again....thank you Rob.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Rob, never have I been so sad, yet so happy, when reading a post.

I wonder when you first hung out your shingle on ECF if you envisioned the large, rabid community that has developed? Did you have any idea the impact you would have on the bottom feeding community? It is truly a testament to the REO but mostly to you. Your personality and style has shaped the community here and touched many. I'm humbled at having been a part of it.

All the best Rob, may you be able to relax, rest, play guitar and enjoy your semi retirement.

And, if you ever publish a coffee table book of Rob-isms, I'll be first in line for a signed copy, and a vape :)

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Rob, Thank you much for your contributions and for being you! I still have my first two Grands that started my squonking obsession and will always respect and admire your work.

You are well loved and respected and going to be missed beyond words. That being said, I am happy for you and wish you well in your journey of finally finding more time to relax and do the things that you enjoy. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Rachel

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I don't know the cost of keeping this particular forum open but I would be willing to pay a yearly dues to help keep it going if someone would run it. I was born in the 50's and can use a slide rule but am not computer literate enough to administer it myself.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Well damn.....

I know this forum has slowed down a lot lately and i understand that it's costly for you to run it and I totally understand your position Mr. Rob, and I'm very glad that you're finally slowing down and heading towards a semi- early retirement... but still I'm sad...this was the first forum i ventured into and I've enjoyed it a lot, met a lot of fine people, us Reonauts have quite a bond, owning and enjoying the amazing Reos you so skillfully hand craft for us.

You and this forum will be sorely sorely missed.

but i have your no.:evil:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Rob will you be going back to a thread in the suppliers forum like in the early days?

I will miss Reoville it was my first "home" on ecf. I sure will miss this place.

Oh yes!!! Do it, Rob!

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I know that I am not an older resident of Reoville but everyone here has been like one big happy family with Rob at the head of the table! But Rob, I am so happy for you that you have arrived at that wonderful stage of semi retirement! It is time to put yourself first after so many years of putting all of us first! We love you and we all appreciate you more than words can say!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread