Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
The REO Family all lined up to say goodbye to the ECF forum...
P67x2-08.jpg
P67x2-09.jpg

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I don't know the cost of keeping this particular forum open but I would be willing to pay a yearly dues to help keep it going if someone would run it. I was born in the 50's and can use a slide rule but am not computer literate enough to administer it myself.
I don't know either, but I do spend a lot of my day on here so have plenty of time to help.

When the time comes, the REO Forum will get moved to Archives.
Everything will still be there for reference :)

Yes ! When the time comes - someone start a thread in the Lounge.
There are several similar threads there :)
Soooooooo happy to see that it will all be archived!!! Thanks hun!! But you know that means ECF can never change formats again ;)

I also hope we can at least have a couple threads in the suppliers forum, as I said before, I have a lot of time and would be more than happy to help with it.

I hate hearing that so many are considering not being on ECF since this is the only place they visit. We'll definitely start a place in the lounge. I know it won't be the same for many, but there is another thread I've been on since I found ECF nearly 4 years ago that has the same type of loving atmosphere in the lounge and there are quite a few reonauts who are part of it. I don't know if it's kosher to put a link here or not, so I won't for now, but @redeyedancer let me know if that's ok. I sure hope a vast majority of us can stay together here. I don't do facebook, and would hate to not see all your bright shiny faces each day!! :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Ramble On, Robert!

"Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go......."

Thanks for everything! You work so hard! Maine is a beautiful state, hope you can get out there more now and enjoy more of it, catch up on your fishing, huh?

I can't think of a more apropo song so I'll just post it

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I'm crushed to read this but completely understand. I don't post much in the REO threads anymore because, well, my REO's work AWESOME and don't have much to say but I do enjoy reading all the posts.

@redeyedancer, your creation has changed many lives and I personally will be forever grateful to you. You deserve time to relax and start new adventures. Thank you for all you've done for us!!!

P.S. I know I've contacted you about spa day for my REOs...I'm still gonna do that. I'm just having a super hard time parting with both of my babies at the same time :blush:.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
I am sad to hear the forum will be closing. I'm a REO only user, have been since 2011 when I bought my first mini.

I do hope the reosmods web site will remain.

Thank you so much, Rob, for being innovative and for making such great mods. Enjoy your semi-retirement. I think you've earned it!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I have a real life regional family of REOnauts, including this lady ^^^ and her husband. TennDave was the first REOnaut I ever met IRL. His REO was the catalyst for my transition to bottomfeed APVs. REOville has kept my attention since 2011, and I recognize a lot of you as interweb family.

Rob, your absence from ECF will be a void that cannot be filled. We will miss you, sir.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Shocked!! Sad... I've been reading this forum for like 6 years now.. I'm on here hundreds of times a day.. what to do with all that time now?

Happy for you though rob! You deserve this no doubt!

Whst would vaping be like without rob? Scary thought forsure! Rob has truly giving back my life before I discovered reos. Back when reading a ton of crap always searching day and night for that mod or atty that would work without problems and get me to that easy vape like a cigarette and nothing quite hit the mark till a reo and bottom feeding! After that it was easy sailing! I had plenty of free time to get back to my life and hobbies!

For the past couple of years I've re joined ecf just to get back on this forum! Happy times. Reading this site cause its my home and love everyone, give back when i can and to keep up with the new releases.

I guess once you hit perfection what else can you do? You've giving us everything we need to continue on vaping.

Honestly, I guess now your pushing us out of the nest to go forward in life as you are!

I spend most of my day vaping in the bathroom when I can cause of the vent fan and read my phone. Haha how sad...

I guess my family will see more of me now. :)

Been a strange year for me with many changes.. I've learned I'm a type 2 diabetic and that sucks.. I've had to stop drinking pop all day, learned to eat right and now my other joy robs reosmods forums is going away. This year I'm forced to make alot of changes prob for the better..

Thank you rob for everything! So fortunate to find your mod!

As I've said in the past to you.. you have to be the luckiest and happiest man alive knowing that you invented something that makes so many people happy and helped them for the better! Every second of the day thousands of people are taking a hit off one of your mods!

I know what ever else you do will be a huge success.. no doubt in my mind!

Last edited:

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
Happy for you Rob, you deserve so much. If there is anyway for someone to take over moderation and the rest of us pitch in $ for the forum, I would love to see that happen. Thank you again for the best vape gear and friends anyone could have. Much respect.

Tracey

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
While not a frequent poster here, I've read this forum daily since 2012. Robert, your mod gave me and the wife back our sanity. If ever there was a fiddle-free, rock solid, dependable mod, it's a REO.

Much respect to you, Robert for not only the device(s) you created, but for the customer service and the overall tone of this forum. It's fitting this will be archived, as a shining example of how a forum and business -should- be run.

Thank you, Robert *respectful salute*

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Congrats Robmeister!

Ferris Bueller would be proud. "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around you may miss something"!
Glad to hear that you are taking time to look around.:thumb:
My original REO mini still going strong since 2012 and my REO(s) will always be the cornerstone of my vaping life and THE tool that kept me off the stinkies, thank you.

Even though there will be no forum it's nice to know that you are still around and available to reach out to. Enjoy some axe time and Porky bonding!

In your upcoming semi retired life if you find yourself traveling down the RI shoreline PLEASE be sure to give me a holler so we could share tequila treats at my beach cottage!

Fins Up my friend.:toast:

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
I am not going out of business but I am slowing down . I will still be selling mods doing repairs no worries on that front . If you need to contact me you can email me anytime . I have given up many things in life to run this business . I am ready to semi retire and work on some other projects . I no this is going to bother some people its not my intent . I have met lots of great people here on ecf some will be my friends forever . Ecf has been good to me I am a big fan of ecf . I am down sizing it will be only me running the shop shortly . I thought it was only fair I didn't want you to show up and find the forum gone with no warning .

Thank you Robert for finally getting me off the stinkies. My Family, Friends, and all others that I introduced the REO mods are very grateful to you too. You deserve to enjoy your Semi-retirement...enjoy my friend and will always keep in touch.!

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Well, this is bittersweet news, Robert. Sure can't blame you for moving on to other projects but I hope you know its gonna leave an empty hole in my days. I don't post much here anymore but not a day goes by that I don't lurk and read. This has been a unique forum in that there are (almost) no trolls and no flaming--even if we ask a stupid question. When we have had a legitimate question that our fellow Reonauts couldn't answer, it was only a matter of time before you swooped in to our rescue. Its been great having you watching over us. I guess we'll make our way somehow without the Lounge and the regular threads.
Nothing lasts forever. I hope you enjoy your semi-retirement, Robert. You've certainly earned it. Thanks for all you've done over the years.
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread