• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cloud chasers report here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmazxcs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
The Land of ERP and Pee-A-Pee
Hey guys,

Just a curious thought.
How many of you are cloud chasers / like massive clouds? And why?

At first I wondered why the hell would any of our locals want big clouds. Aren't we obvious enough in the public?
Then I took my first vape yesterday.
Yeap, I'm convinced that I like big clouds. :D

Come and share your build and stories of your dangerously huge clouds!

Sigmazxcs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Be it small or huge clouds, never vape in public.

I'm a RDA vaper. 1.2ohm single micro coil with cotton wick. Decent cloud. Tried 1ohm dual microcoils. Epic cloud but not feasible when it keeps blocking my view. :D

Not bad! A fellow bro on SGvapers helped me put a replacement coil on my IGO-W. came in at 1.4ohm. Got clouds but not much... :(

Jarmun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Sunken City
Think i'm more into flavours than turning my room into genting. :p

Then again, i just started, so i'm pretty much fascinated with the different flavours in the market as opposed to smoking the same brand of analog for years. Hopefully can find a nice daily juice and stick to it until my sense of smell returns, then fully explore the different tastes.

Mebbe after that i might give cloud chasing a try? :D

Sigmazxcs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Nice to hear from all you guys! I'm still on my IGO-W. I think vaping so far is great, beats having my house smelling like an ash tray.
My baby is due next year April, that's why I got into vapes.

I'm gonna need to buy some kanthal 28/26 gauges soon, and some juice (somehow). I'm running on the little 5ml my friend gave me. Strawberry banana, doesn't smell great but it tastes pretty decent for a start. Hoping to get something nicer. :D I'll try building a griddle coil on the IGO-W.

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
  • Deleted by Xanth

Xanth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2008
Rot & Ruin
Flavour first, cloud second for me.

Not totally going to dismiss cloud chasing.... it is definitely part of the whole experience :)

I'm on the kayfun now and will soon give the chimney micro coil method a try.

Reviewer said it will boost the taste as well as the clouds

For Rebuildables, kayfun is the way to go in terms of taste. The design of the whole atty is meant to improve your juice flavor.

But if you want really strong flavors, cartos are the way to go.

Nice to hear from all you guys! I'm still on my IGO-W. I think vaping so far is great, beats having my house smelling like an ash tray.
My baby is due next year April, that's why I got into vapes.

I'm gonna need to buy some kanthal 28/26 gauges soon, and some juice (somehow). I'm running on the little 5ml my friend gave me. Strawberry banana, doesn't smell great but it tastes pretty decent for a start. Hoping to get something nicer. :D I'll try building a griddle coil on the IGO-W.

Since you already have an IGO W, go check out on how to build the Nano Dragon Coil.

It's one of the latest fad. The cloud is freaking amazing.

There are guides on youtube.

JackShift

Oct 10, 2013
Tacoma,Wa
For Rebuildables, kayfun is the way to go in terms of taste. The design of the whole atty is meant to improve your juice flavor.

But if you want really strong flavors, cartos are the way to go.

Since you already have an IGO W, go check out on how to build the Nano Dragon Coil.

It's one of the latest fad. The cloud is freaking amazing.

There are guides on youtube.

I'm a fan of the Tricro coil, I'm running an igo w and i've tried the nano dragon(clouds for days) but the tricro coil has almost as much clouds with way more flavor….tempted to try dual tricro

Last edited:

EU6EN3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
red dot
I am also not a clouds fan...But i do enjoy some clouds once a while. Me too a RDA user, micro coil 1.1ohms single coil. It does produce some decent clouds.

i have a IGo-w too, try dual micro at sub ohms.. 28 Kanthal 8 round produce 1.3-1.4ohm, dual it for 0.7ohms.. The clouds should be enough to block your view while driving..

Oh.. i believe the juice does play a part for the clouds too.. 50/50 normal mixed.. I heard that some juice are specially make for Clouds chasers..

Dianhoonho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Chinaphilipore
Yes..super cheap n readily available.

Can't find...went to Raffles Place MRT Guardian, Marine Bay Financial Center Watsons, Hong Leong Bldg Guardian ... all pharmacies don't have 20gauge...biggest is 24g. :(

Next stop will be Unity Pharmacy at Bedok Interchange. :p

Wondering if I can use 1mm drill bit instead or the syringe needle since 20 gauge needle tip is about 1mm.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Can't find...went to Raffles Place MRT Guardian, Marine Bay Financial Center Watsons, Hong Leong Bldg Guardian ... all pharmacies don't have 20gauge...biggest is 24g. :(

Next stop will be Unity Pharmacy at Bedok Interchange. :p

Wondering if I can use 1mm drill bit instead or the syringe needle since 20 gauge needle tip is about 1mm.

Yes got mine from Unity..at Rivervale Mall.dia abt 18awg..or 1.02mm..if u creating nano coil..this size will do..as I've mentioned in another thread..it comes un pack of 5 at only 60 cents total..get the matching syringe as well ..at only 30cts each..ull need it.

Last edited:

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Don't worry about the diameter of your coil in the beginning. Just ensure that the wraps are touching or as close as possible. Microcoils are typically 1/16 +- a wee bit, but that is because the granddaddy super_X_drifter said so. It works best for him (and me too). However, you might have a different experience.

So just get whatever implement you can find to help you wrap the coil and then experiment with a smaller or bigger diameter to find your best setup. So even if your coil diameter doesn't fall within range of a microcoil, it may still suit you. Just remember not to call it a microcoil if it's not. Lots of folks get the wrong idea of what a microcoil should be.

A box of screwdrivers from your local value shop gives you a wide range of diameters to play with (It's a flat plastic box with about 6 or 8 screwdrivers in it). And yes, one of the screwdrivers in it falls in the microcoil range.

a_e_u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
here & now
I like to see decent vapour production as I think it tricks & help myself stay off analogs, so putting out huge clouds is still secondary to me. My main quest currently is trying to discover juices I can tahan all day & stable set-ups that won't fail on me at my grumpiest moment :laugh:

Incidentally.....yay~~~~ I finally sat down and did my very 1st virgin crude-looking coil today & I must say, the thicker clouds are definitely very therapeutic :vapor:

Dianhoonho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Chinaphilipore
Well, I'm using a 2mm drill bit (for my atty) and this blunt syringe needle (for my RDA) that I bought from Daiso for my coils.

The thing about the "micro-coil + cotton wick" that I made for my Crown RDA is that upon pushing the power button on my mech mod, it pushes the warm vapor into my mouth without me having to inhale..not much vapor until the 2-3rd pull and even then, vapor production is sad compared to my Mini Protank II ... :blink: Wonder if that's the right response from my coil setup?

Don't worry about the diameter of your coil in the beginning. Just ensure that the wraps are touching or as close as possible. Microcoils are typically 1/16 +- a wee bit, but that is because the granddaddy super_X_drifter said so. It works best for him (and me too). However, you might have a different experience.

So just get whatever implement you can find to help you wrap the coil and then experiment with a smaller or bigger diameter to find your best setup. So even if your coil diameter doesn't fall within range of a microcoil, it may still suit you. Just remember not to call it a microcoil if it's not. Lots of folks get the wrong idea of what a microcoil should be.

A box of screwdrivers from your local value shop gives you a wide range of diameters to play with (It's a flat plastic box with about 6 or 8 screwdrivers in it). And yes, one of the screwdrivers in it falls in the microcoil range.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
chkben, try using a smaller tool to wrap on. 2mm is too large and the thermal transfer between the coils would not be as efficient.
Secondly, I'm guessing your're using 28awg kanthal right? If so, try 30awg.

On certain devices or attys, the materials or design are not that efficient. 28awg might take too long to heat up optimally on those setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread