Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
A local vendor is having a cloud chasing competition this Saturday. I've never been to one, and I'm curious on what goes on at one. It's apparently supposed to be the first cloud chasing competition on the East Coast, and it's being sponsored in part by Ameravape. I can see being able to judge the best builder through ohm testing. Maybe even the best looking coil. The clouds themselves however....

WilsonR

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Arlington, VA
Its not the first. Theres one going on in the MD area that have some crazy prizes. And I'm going to another organized comp tomorrow in VA. The one I'm going to has categories and will be inspecting builds. They have rules when it comes to builds. To measure the length of a cloud, they have a 8ft custom ruler. This is the same ruler they used at the vape Summit and Exhibit in Vegas.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
A local vendor is having a cloud chasing competition this Saturday. I've never been to one, and I'm curious on what goes on at one. It's apparently supposed to be the first cloud chasing competition on the East Coast, and it's being sponsored in part by Ameravape. I can see being able to judge the best builder through ohm testing. Maybe even the best looking coil. The clouds themselves however....

Certainly not the first one on the east coast.

Kalaniboi81

May 23, 2014
Tacoma,WA,USA
DDS.

Density, Distance and last but not least Size. How dense(thick) is the cloud? How far did the cloud go while keeping it's density? and of course was it a fat cloud. It seems simple, but getting all of these down is the reason why there's only one winner at the end. Some people have really dense clouds but no distance and so on and so forth. That's awesome that competitions are getting out there VAPE ON!

mssam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Illinois
the one I was just at would not allow vg and they inspect your mod to make sure you have clean cotton. And like it was said already, dds is the game. However, that's not what's amazing to someone who's never been to one. You've never been so you're going to be amazed at the clouds that are produced, and the density, and the distance! When I did my first one, I went up against a reigning champ in the first round and got blown away (no pun intended)! I had a blast tho! Room full of really cool people just socializing, vaping and enjoying themselves. Its amazing and a lot of fun, for some any way...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread