The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Cloudy Film on Eyeglasses When Vaping?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Celt1, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Celt1

Celt1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    May seem like a weird topic, but when I vape with appreciable vapor, my eyeglasses get clouded up from it. I don't mean they steam up, a film is left on the lenses. Is this common and any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  2. IgnorantCig

IgnorantCig Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    The stuff you're vaping VG/PG/Nic/flavors etc. has to end up somewhere I would assume. If somebody vapes and keeps blowing on the same window, then I suppose that the window will eventually have to be cleaned.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I'm fairly fastidious about keeping my glasses clean and I don't really have much trouble with it; perhaps because I don't blow big clouds. :)

When my glasses do get dirty, "Purity" lens cleaner and a micro-fiber cloth are the ticket.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Novasonic

Novasonic Full Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Ohio, US
    No problems here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jcoopercam

jcoopercam Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    I notice it on my drinking glass after vaping for a full day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Terry Koontz

Terry Koontz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2017
    yep, happens to me too !

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. APathos

APathos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2016
    CA USA
    Not weird. VG. I notice it also. I just wash my eyeglasses with hot water and dish soap at the sink nightly before going to bed (and i don't vape by any electronics - which pretty much means in the house).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Yup, happens all the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Just give them a clean
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    i often vape big enough clouds in a small closed room,no glasses problem here (well besides the usual dirty finger spot on them :p)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    If seeing your cloud is a big part of vaping to you, and you vape a lot, VG makes up most of your juice. That stuff sticks to everything when it finally settles.

Countertops. Dishes. Tables. Furniture. The Cat.

And your glasses.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I do get a film on my glasses which I assume is from vaping. I clean the lenses a couple of times a day and it can make a big difference. Most noticeable when I'm using the computer.

As far as keeping them clean I had a jolting experience recently. One of the lenses fell out, and I decided to install new nose pads while I replaced the lens. No way I could see those tiny screws so I broke out the magnifying headset.

It was an ugly thing to see at high magnification. The lenses surfaces were fairly clean but the frame was bad. The frame parts where the lens meets the frame were covered in corrosion and muck. The worst area was the face side of the bridge pieces between the two sides.

After I finished I put them in the UC for a while with some Dawn. I didn't get around to rechecking them with the magnifier yet but I'm hoping the UC helped. Kind of scary having something that dirty so close to the eyes all day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Try exhaling the vapor down towards the floor instead of up towards to ceiling. You'll still need to clean your glasses but with less frequency. Maybe.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    That stuff collects inside of electronic equipment, also. TV's, stereos, computers, game consoles. Dust sticks to the film residue, and can cause the electronic equipment to overheat. Just ask Battey Mooch who discussed this topic in one of his podcasts. He never vapes in the room where his testing equipment is; in fact he only vapes outside his apartment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I get cloudiness on my magnification glasses (but I'm usually building and that means some eliquid is going to go places as I saturate my wick.

I am a happy contact wearer, those don't seem to cloud up.... Of course that solution isn't for everyone. I do have to clean my computer with more frequency though...

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. rollersk4te

rollersk4te Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2016
    Orlando, FL
    I don't have any issues with it collecting on my glasses. I have much bigger issues with dust!

Seriously, though, with all the stuff that gets on your glasses forcing you to clean them constantly... vapor should be a minor concern, I would think.

The best I can suggest is make sure you're blowing the vapor out hard so it isn't in your face. I don't get any vapor in my face, which may be why I don't have the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Yep. Desktop computer systems and big gaming systems with fans the size of commercial air handlers are prime victims.

I bought a Honeywell air purifier last month. The instructions said I'd need to change the filter every three months. I'm already ordering a box of filters that cost almost as much as the unit! I did get a case of them that should last a year at this rate but I'm wondering if Honeywell and the company that makes inkjet printers are owned by the same people.

I bought another unit for the family room and since I don't vape in there, its filter is just fine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. IgnorantCig

IgnorantCig Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    I remember buying a small air purifier many years ago, way before I ever began vaping. I was still smoking cigs at the time.

Those replacement filters sure had to be replaced pretty often and yeah, the cost quickly adds up.

And also, the machine I had, I don't remember exactly which model, was kind of loud and I found the noise annoying, so I just threw it out one day.

• Useful Useful x 2
  19. Celt1

Celt1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2018
    USA
    At least I am not the only one with filmy glasses, guess I'll need to clean my monitor more often as well.. :thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  20. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Think of it as spreading a thing film of vapey love over all and sundry

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.