Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm fairly fastidious about keeping my glasses clean and I don't really have much trouble with it; perhaps because I don't blow big clouds. :)

When my glasses do get dirty, "Purity" lens cleaner and a micro-fiber cloth are the ticket.

APathos

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2016
CA USA
github.com
May seem like a weird topic, but when I vape with appreciable vapor, my eyeglasses get clouded up from it. I don't mean they steam up, a film is left on the lenses. Is this common and any suggestions?

Not weird. VG. I notice it also. I just wash my eyeglasses with hot water and dish soap at the sink nightly before going to bed (and i don't vape by any electronics - which pretty much means in the house).

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Just give them a clean
3PuK2dY.png

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If seeing your cloud is a big part of vaping to you, and you vape a lot, VG makes up most of your juice. That stuff sticks to everything when it finally settles.

Countertops. Dishes. Tables. Furniture. The Cat.

And your glasses.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'm fairly fastidious about keeping my glasses clean and I don't really have much trouble with it; perhaps because I don't blow big clouds. :)

When my glasses do get dirty, "Purity" lens cleaner and a micro-fiber cloth are the ticket.

I do get a film on my glasses which I assume is from vaping. I clean the lenses a couple of times a day and it can make a big difference. Most noticeable when I'm using the computer.

As far as keeping them clean I had a jolting experience recently. One of the lenses fell out, and I decided to install new nose pads while I replaced the lens. No way I could see those tiny screws so I broke out the magnifying headset.

It was an ugly thing to see at high magnification. The lenses surfaces were fairly clean but the frame was bad. The frame parts where the lens meets the frame were covered in corrosion and muck. The worst area was the face side of the bridge pieces between the two sides.

After I finished I put them in the UC for a while with some Dawn. I didn't get around to rechecking them with the magnifier yet but I'm hoping the UC helped. Kind of scary having something that dirty so close to the eyes all day.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If seeing your cloud is a big part of vaping to you, and you vape a lot, VG makes up most of your juice. That stuff sticks to everything when it finally settles.

Countertops. Dishes. Tables. Furniture. The Cat.

And your glasses.
That stuff collects inside of electronic equipment, also. TV's, stereos, computers, game consoles. Dust sticks to the film residue, and can cause the electronic equipment to overheat. Just ask Battey Mooch who discussed this topic in one of his podcasts. He never vapes in the room where his testing equipment is; in fact he only vapes outside his apartment.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I get cloudiness on my magnification glasses (but I'm usually building and that means some eliquid is going to go places as I saturate my wick.

I am a happy contact wearer, those don't seem to cloud up.... Of course that solution isn't for everyone. I do have to clean my computer with more frequency though...

Anna

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
I don't have any issues with it collecting on my glasses. I have much bigger issues with dust!

Seriously, though, with all the stuff that gets on your glasses forcing you to clean them constantly... vapor should be a minor concern, I would think.

The best I can suggest is make sure you're blowing the vapor out hard so it isn't in your face. I don't get any vapor in my face, which may be why I don't have the same issue.

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
That stuff collects inside of electronic equipment, also. TV's, stereos, computers, game consoles. Dust sticks to the film residue, and can cause the electronic equipment to overheat. Just ask Battey Mooch who discussed this topic in one of his podcasts. He never vapes in the room where his testing equipment is; in fact he only vapes outside his apartment.
Yep. Desktop computer systems and big gaming systems with fans the size of commercial air handlers are prime victims.

I bought a Honeywell air purifier last month. The instructions said I'd need to change the filter every three months. I'm already ordering a box of filters that cost almost as much as the unit! I did get a case of them that should last a year at this rate but I'm wondering if Honeywell and the company that makes inkjet printers are owned by the same people.

I bought another unit for the family room and since I don't vape in there, its filter is just fine.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
Yep. Desktop computer systems and big gaming systems with fans the size of commercial air handlers are prime victims.

I bought a Honeywell air purifier last month. The instructions said I'd need to change the filter every three months. I'm already ordering a box of filters that cost almost as much as the unit! I did get a case of them that should last a year at this rate but I'm wondering if Honeywell and the company that makes inkjet printers are owned by the same people.

I bought another unit for the family room and since I don't vape in there, its filter is just fine.

I remember buying a small air purifier many years ago, way before I ever began vaping. I was still smoking cigs at the time.

Those replacement filters sure had to be replaced pretty often and yeah, the cost quickly adds up.

And also, the machine I had, I don't remember exactly which model, was kind of loud and I found the noise annoying, so I just threw it out one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread