Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
Not your every day Idiot, thanks.

No one said you are.

But I personally would not belittle this issue.

IF something would happen that injured a person the whole vaping community could/would suffer.

There are millions of vapers out there and when inferior products hit the market it is only a matter of time before something goes wrong.

Easy to blame stuff on user error and such, But in this case I doubt that very much.

Eric

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No one said you are.

But I personally would not belittle this issue.

IF something would happen that injured a person the whole vaping community could/would suffer.

There are millions of vapers out there and when inferior products hit the market it is only a matter of time before something goes wrong.

Easy to blame stuff on user error and such, But in this case I doubt that very much.

Eric

May I pick this apart?

Never said anyone did - was a statement

Don't see were voicing my opinion was belittling. Clearly agreed the issue needs to be addressed and corrected.

Well aware of the Ramifications as we have already had to deal with the wrath of ANTZ attacks at every chance/incident.

You are Assuming an inferior Product Due to a catastrophic failure of a VERY minimal number of units.

This is Clearly a Manufacturing issue, not USER but it is also NOT yet proven to be a Q.C. failure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at it this way.
Ford Has had Catastrophic Failures, as have every other auto manufacturer. If we went by the Reactions here - We would all be back to Horse and buggy.
All I have been trying to get across to people is time is needed to sort this out and there is no reason yet to(pardon the pun) go into total melt down.

The more people erupt over this the more Negative information is freely passed around the Net.
FUEL FOR ANTZ is FUEL FOR ANTZ no matter what the fact/reason/conversation.:glare:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone want to wager how many FAILURE owners have contacted Cloupor?

I would wager most have simply gone to a Forum/Reddit/etc. and exploded in a post about the POS they bought.
Any Manufacturer would have a hard time correcting an issue without information to start their investigation.

After all, when all is said and done, many never see past SELF. Me, My, Mine:facepalm:

AquaJoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Northeast, Pa
Well it seems Cloupor is not going to recall or search to find defective units. We should really start trying to find out if this was a batch issue or more random.

Can the people that this happen to report their VIP number that came with there mini? That why we can get an idea of how many defective units there are and if there is a number range they fall in or is it random.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well it seems Cloupor is not going to recall or search to find defective units. We should really start trying to find out if this was a batch issue or more random.

Can the people that this happen to report their VIP number that came with there mini? That why we can get an idea of how many defective units there are and if there is a number range they fall in or is it random.

1) You obviously have done no research. Cloupor IS trying to identify defective units and attempting to locate Venders receiving the Defects.
2) What makes you think more than 1-2 Persons with Defective units are even ECF members? Doubt many of them ever heard of us.

When I am transporting my Cloupor Mini I am vaping on it..w-t-f has time to take the battery out 300 times a day .. Cloupor Mini's are made for the pocket!!!

Hand Warmer..............:laugh:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I was about to order one because I wanted the enclosure (remove the electronics and slap a dna 40 in there) but when I went to my preferred vendor (Pink-Mule) I saw that they pulled the cloupor mini and issued a warning notice. They're reimbursing customers who have acquired the units from them.

Bugger :(

Tony

mattdarat

Jan 26, 2015
I recently bought the cloupor mini and am currently awaiting it's arrival. Just so everyone understands this is not every cloupor mini out there so there are environmental factors as well as manufacturing faults. The following point can be made from what I have read and saw.

1. On-board charging unit is not up to handling the charge and/or pass-through. Most of us who use mods with user serviceable batteries do not use on board charging so avoid this if you have a mini.

2. The amp draw is causing a few boards to have catastrophic meltdown on the main board. This is usually due to a poor solder joint or a component failing and shorting out. Just because the device is idle at time of discovery does not mean that is when the device failed. Most electronics take awhile for this failure to reach such temperatures.

3. The likelihood of combustion of surrounding materials is slim. Most DC low voltage battery operated devices cannot reach temperature levels of combustion.

3. Not all vendors have had this issue and some will continue to carry the device. This leads to the thought that this maybe a batch issue.

Just a thought on this I believe that some of the hype over this issue is coming from people on the opposition. Although some maybe genuine problems we can't rule that user error or some other for of foul play was involved. Cloupor is looking into it and I trust they will do right by the customers when the come forward to cloupor.

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida
I received my mini Jan 10. I have used all day long every day. Have not had one problem. I really love this unit. I will buy another but will wait to see how many really fail. I won't stop using until it stops.If Cloupor doesn't get to the bottom of this, I hope another company builds a similar product. I urge everybody who loves this to go to their web site and demand a full investigation........

mattdarat

Jan 26, 2015
I have mine and been hitting it hard with a .5 ohm dripper. So far it has read my batteries that have too much "sag" and with the purple efest 2500 mah battery has had no more than normal internal temp. I belive that we would need more info to discover the real problem. One thing I noticed is I have a battery that is boarder line dead. This did fire one time then the next reset then the next fire. This could cause overheating issues. The temp rose slightly but I stopped after a few hits. Maybe these users were unaware why it was resetting and this caused the failure. Anyone want me to run a test to test their theory?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Posted by mattdarat

I recently bought the cloupor mini and am currently awaiting it's arrival. Just so everyone understands this is not every cloupor mini out there so there are environmental factors as well as manufacturing faults. The following point can be made from what I have read and saw.
Environmental? - Green House Gasses?

1. On-board charging unit is not up to handling the charge and/or pass-through. Most of us who use mods with user serviceable batteries do not use on board charging so avoid this if you have a mini.
Many users report charging without any issues

2. The amp draw is causing a few boards to have catastrophic meltdown on the main board. This is usually due to a poor solder joint or a component failing and shorting out. Just because the device is idle at time of discovery does not mean that is when the device failed. Most electronics take awhile for this failure to reach such temperatures.
Max Amp Draw is designed NOT to exceed design parameters. You do not understand resistance increase or Short conditions. Sorry but in Electronics - Smoke is an EXCELLENT indicator of Failure NOW!

3. The likelihood of combustion of surrounding materials is slim. Most DC low voltage battery operated devices cannot reach temperature levels of combustion.
Melting/possible combustion is on the BOARD side, not the battery side.

3. Not all vendors have had this issue and some will continue to carry the device. This leads to the thought that this maybe a batch issue.A plausible likelyhood

Just a thought on this I believe that some of the hype over this issue is coming from people on the opposition. Although some maybe genuine problems we can't rule that user error or some other for of foul play was involved. Cloupor is looking into it and I trust they will do right by the customers when the come forward to cloupor.
I advocate wait and see what happens. I don't see reason to white wash with user error or Sabotage

:2cool:

Last edited:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Repost from the main Cloupor Mini thread:

Seems like units in batch 0002 (first four digits of the serial number on your VIP card) could have issues due to some faulty ICs.

To test to see if you have a bad IC, fire it with an atty for 15 seconds. If it's good, it'll do all 15 seconds and then cut off as designed. If it's potentially bad, it will give a "Too Hot" message before the shut off.

From a post on the AAEC forum:

After u guys feedback to us, all our engineers,suppliers and the whole R&D team got into deep research of the mini issues.
Finally ,we got an answer.There were some IC elements(wrong IC components) mixed into the rights ones.Then It leads to the unexpected problems.
Fortunately,the probability is very low(about two over one thousand).

To turn on the mod(with atomizer attached),then press the fire button for 15 seconds.
It becomes very hot or displaying "too hot" at once,then pls contact me.
Thanks.

Warm regards,
Fiona

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Score one for "SOME" My silver is 00024
Winner winner Chicken Dinner
Mine is working like a charm
:D
So you are in the possible faulty unit category. Faulty units supposedly start with 0002 and yours does, 00024. Did you do the 15 second test? Also, did you use an old wick or vape it while holding button? Curious because I need to check mine when I get home.

HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread