Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Mine is 0002 as well. I did four back-to-back 15 second 30w burns with a 0.5 dual coil setup sans wick, no issues, and I've also been using the heck out of this thing since the 7th with no issues.

If you don't have a rebuildable, maybe throw an old used coil head you don't care about in there.

mfdj2

Jan 31, 2015
In the clouds
Ahhh, I can finally post. I have been lurking ECF for a few months and somebody suggested I join in on this discussion here.

I am the Redditor who compiled the pics of Cloupor Mini's going up in smoke and made the post that "blew up" and got the industry's attention. I am a firm believer that if we don't regulate vaping that somebody will regulate it for us. We must hold companies accountable, if they make products with flaws like this they might get us on the news for the wrong reasons.

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...rning_cloupor_mini_has_literally_just_become/

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hello crxess, I have an IPV mini and probably read it's thread twice. I just wanted to say thanks for all of the valuable posts you added to that thread. You helped me decide to buy one and helped me understand the device better. Hats off to you.

Thank you. And thanks for compiling the information and pictures that made me aware of the problem. With that information and the concerns of many ECF members, it was easy to email Cloupor and explain their communication issues on the matter.

Hopefully we will not see anything to this degree of intensity again for a long while.
It is bad when they break. Much worse when they break and scare people.:glare:

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
So you are in the possible faulty unit category. Faulty units supposedly start with 0002 and yours does, 00024. Did you do the 15 second test? Also, did you use an old wick or vape it while holding button? Curious because I need to check mine when I get home.

HD

I have a 0002 unit and it passed the test, no problems.

deviations

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
My cloupor mini almost caught on fire today too.

IMAG0440.jpg

Whoever is still using this mod please be careful. I would recommend contacting the vendor you bought it from and get a refund ASAP.

I had my lemo drop connected to it when it happened and now it reeks of electrical fire smell. Should I get a new atty or will a clean be fine?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My cloupor mini almost caught on fire today too.

View attachment 408393

Whoever is still using this mod please be careful. I would recommend contacting the vendor you bought it from and get a refund ASAP.

I had my lemo drop connected to it when it happened and now it reeks of electrical fire smell. Should I get a new atty or will a clean be fine?

Wow... That is Ugly.

I am Glad you are OK.

Qttash

Jan 25, 2015
YIKES!!!!! :shock:

Glad you're o.k. (and welcome, by the way)

I don't have the Clouper mini, but I have an iPV mini which does have the passthrough. However, I'm of the opinion to have multiple batteries and a DEDICATED battery charger.... It's only a rare pinch that I'd consider vaping that while charging.... I have probably 10 different batteries and a 4-port Nicore Intellicharger so I always have a fresh battery at hand (and yes, even on the Intellicharger, it can take a few hours to charge, but with spares, I'm never out :) )

What kind of battery were you using? What ohms for your topper and what settings? If you haven't had the chance yet, PLEASE read through E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs as he discusses battery safety and Ohm's Law....

thank you for your response! And all the info...I'm thinking of getting a battery charger to use as opposed of the device itself.

To answer your questions, I'm using a Samsung inr18650 battery with an aspire atlantis tank, .5 ohms at 30 watts; the most it will let me use. I'm using the new one that they exchanged for me, but I'm finding with this one, it can be plugged in charging all night and when I pick it up in the morning, it's still not fully charged...I'm using a 1 amp charger plugged right into the wall. I had them exchange both the battery and device. I love the device, and I'm still using it, but I'm a tad concerned about its safety lol

mfdj2

Jan 31, 2015
In the clouds
This guy has posted on my thread a few times. He seems fairly knowledgeable and had this to say about what he read here.

"Mfdj2, i read their discussion within their forum and the test is incorrect. Holding the button down and not reading too hot does not mean the unit is safe to use. I have been in multiple contacts with cloupor with pictures and now they are requesting a video. There is a misconception that if you pass the 15 sec and not get Too Hot that your unit is safe. Not true. I am concern that Cloupor don't actually know what the problems are. First they are claiming it is the protection from USB to the chip. Others have claim it is only when you are charging. Not true. The only thing that is true is there is a degradation of their board which catches fire after weeks of safe use. One factual thing is they are claiming low numbers of this manufacture defect so there won't be a loss of customers purchasing it."

Qttash

Jan 25, 2015
Thank you! I'm using a Samsung charger 1 amp with the Samsung inr18650 battery. I went and got it exchanged from the place I bought it from. I don't consistently vape while plugged in, just happened to pick it up and toke it after 3 or 4 mins of it being on the charger and notice it was on fire lol so far so good with the new one...except it never seems to fully charge...think I'll have to get a separate charger for the battery

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
If Cloupor just release their Data and testing suggestion and his just crapped out today(their night)
How can he claim the testing is wrong and invalid and have had conversations with Cloupor(multiple?)
Can he provide his Serial # grouping?
Was this one in use at the time or did it just erupt like a few others?

I will continue to use caution and disable mine while not in use(overnight/transporting) until I can accept a final conclusion is reasonable.

Edit: I see it is 2 different posters.

Still johnvape is giving no reason for his assumptions as to whether the test is or is not correct. He does not elaborate on why he makes the DC-DC assumption. Sorry, but he leaves a lot to speculation.
We must also consider Cloupor has others with the issue from which to gather data. All this data must be correlated to build a conclusion and solution.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread