Cloupor mini caught fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfdj2

Jan 31, 2015
In the clouds
I have to say my peace of mind from yesterday has evaporated in confusion. I can't follow who's talking to whom, who is eric, and the ability to keep the situations/serial numbers synced is eluding me. Probably inevitable product of the cross pollination I catalyzed... Can anyone tell/find out if there are documented melt downs outside of SN 0002xxx?

The long messges that start and end with quotes(") are ones I am cutting and pasting from my reddit thread and they are directed at crxess. He is having a conversation with a guy from reddit through me. I have advised him to make an account here but so far he has not.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well, after some digging around, I have found basically Nothing, Nada, Zip, Diddly -0- (worthwhile) Officially posted by Cloupor anywhere.

I do believe I will just relax, mind my mod and take any advice/Testing/checks with a grain(or Pound) of Salt until they Own up officially.

I am not of the Camp that buys into Panic accomplishes anything good.
People die from Panic stampedes.

If you experience a Problem with the Cloupor Mini - ANY Problem:
1) Email your Vendor
2) Email Cloupor Support
3) Keep copies of ALL out going and incoming correspondence

If you feel the need to share information - Share the full context, not a summery.
I will be doing the same should the need arise.

As always

Be safe and Vape on :vapor:

mfdj2

Jan 31, 2015
In the clouds
Word of advice? Never, ever put credence into anything from Reddit. You can thank me later.

Oh I am very well aware. Due to the voting system, it is very easy for bad information to get upvoted and good information to get downvoted. People with the best information may even avoid commenting because they do not want to get downvoted harshly. ECR is a very tough sub that has quite a few issues.

Thanks, sorry to ....., I can tell you're working at the middle-man role.

I understand how it could be confusing with so many different discussions going on. I'll format better next time.

Well, after some digging around, I have found basically Nothing, Nada, Zip, Diddly -0- (worthwhile) Officially posted by Cloupor anywhere.

I do believe I will just relax, mind my Mod and take any advice/Testing/checks with a grain(or Pound) of Salt until they Own up officially.

I am not of the Camp that buys into Panic accomplishes anything good.
People die from Panic stampedes.

If you experience a Problem with the Cloupor Mini - ANY Problem:
1) Email your Vendor
2) Email Cloupor Support
3) Keep copies of ALL out going and incoming correspondence

If you feel the need to share information - Share the full context, not a summery.
I will be doing the same should the need arise.

As always

Be safe and Vape on :vapor:

Wise words. I doubt we will ever get anything definitive from Cloupor.

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
I'm surprised those with melt downs are not posting where they bought them, if the vendor sees their name on here they do take notice.
I know elev8 reads the forums, they did when the first Cloupor hit the market, the infamous Hana clone, Cana DNA30, of which I have 2, 1 still works fine.

My 0002 came from VaporTekUSA, tested it and it's still working no problem.
My 0003 came from Elev8 same thing, no problem.

Edit Both are Black.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Want some interesting and maybe Good information?
(Watch it fall apart on me)

After more searching and reading the Same stories over and over, passed around and Drifting in what was or wasn't occuring I noticed something.
First to Clarify - We, others, Cloupor - Have no Idea how many may or may not be involved. However it is looking very much like a single Batch, limited number of units. 5-6 units keep popping up everywhere. Even different pics of the SAME units. so numbers are difficult to compile.

Now the interesting thing:
Every Unit I have been able to Identify has been BLACK
None of them have been shown to be SILVER UNITS.(so far)

This leans more to the possibility of a Faulty assembly process in a certain grouping of Black mods, though it could still be a limited number of faulty boards.

Maybe this explains why - Even if I chain Vape 30w on my .5 build, as the unit warms up, I can pop the back off and hold the unit to my cheek. NO Heat around the Board area. (this one is 0002xx Silver)

Of course the one I'm waiting on is BLACK :facepalm:

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
PA
Now the interesting thing:
Every Unit I have been able to Identify has been BLACK
None of them have been shown to be SILVER UNITS.(so far)

This leans more to the possibility of a Faulty assembly process in a certain grouping of Black mods, though it could still be a limited number of faulty boards.

Maybe this explains why - Even if I chain Vape 30w on my .5 build, as the unit warms up, I can pop the back off and hold the unit to my cheek. NO Heat around the Board area. (this one is 0002xx Silver)

Of course the one I'm waiting on is BLACK :facepalm:

I sincerely hope your Black mini will be fine and that you get your moneys worth.

Why would the color matter anyhow you think?

Just batches?

Do we even know if they run batches based on color?

Eric

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

:(

Well, this is how we build information. Thank you for sharing!

More Black by preference - probably not. Most of batch 0002 Sold out fast and at least in the US vendors lean toward Silver.

Why would the color matter anyhow you think?

Just batches?

Color maybe by production run or production line at the time Defects were introduced. Unfortunately not 100%

Cloupor Claims one Batch - 0002

Said it would fall apart :facepalm:

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
how do you tell which batch you have? Mine is silver and works perfectly

I noticed my friends mini has a square cloupor sticker inside the battery compartment, where mine is a round circle. Is that how you tell?
You should have gotten a card, credit card size, in the box that has your serial number on it. If the serial number begins with 0002, you might be in the possible bad batch.

HD

urby2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Surprise, AZ
For what it's worth, just received my black one today from Elev8vape. I must have gotten one of their last ones because I was going to order another and they are now sold out. Batch number is 0005. Appreciate everyones comments and hope those of you with problems are OK and that you get satisfaction replacing your devices. I'll keep an eye on mine but I am so impressed with this little beauty that you couldn't pry it from my hand. Been using a Lemo Drop .9 @ 27 watts using LG HE2's. As others have stated, I've experienced board failure/ runaway with both high and low end mods so this really is nothing new to me. :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread