Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Varitube in the US will be carrying it, not sure about Euro distributors. Not quite for sale yet, pretty sure all the current production is being allocated to use in the SX Mini M Class mod. The board should be very close to the same price point (~$70 USD) as the current SX-350 Mini, just based on the fact that the new SX Mini M is only retailing for $10 more than the "old" SX Mini.

That's right in line with Evolv's DNA40 pricing, but that price also includes a balanced USB charger board, a somewhat gimmicky gravity sensor (though the auto flipping display is awesome), and the firmware can be flashed via USB.

Jiggity-J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Long Beach, Ca
Any good silicone cases out there? I know about one from ebay buy they dont ship to europe and one from gearbest but that is made of to thin material.

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk

Got this one from the eBay guy in Canada. Guessing it's the official Cloupor one. I left an "NES controller" skin on the Mini, but without the skin should still fit like a glove. Dropped it pretty badly already and broke the glass of the Subtank. Love the fact that the overhang of a 22mm tank is now gone.
CMCase01.jpg CMCase02.jpg

Last edited:

janne303

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2014
Sweden
Got this one from the eBay guy in Canada. Guessing it's the official Cloupor one. I left an "NES controller" skin on the Mini, but without the skin should still fit like a glove. Dropped it pretty badly already and broke the glass of the Subtank.
View attachment 422927 View attachment 422928

Yeah that guy does not ship to europe

Skickat från min D6503 via Tapatalk

Flapstick

Jan 12, 2015
Europa
@ janne303 - Gearbest has them at a better price (and ships to Europe). I just saw them, but haven't ordered yet.

There are several more models on AliBaba, but they're exclusively wholesale - 50 pieces and above. I gave the Gearbest one a try, I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives. (in about 3 weeks, I think)

Last edited:

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
Ordered the Black Mini and the Black case from Gearbest yesterday. The wait begins... What are the best batteries to get for it? Love how small it looks.
Glad to see ya on this thread too Ricks!

Not sure about 'best', but I have a few Sony vtr's & efest 2500s in rotation. Same ones I use in my mechs.

SS stingray

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Port Charlotte. Florida

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com

My read of the general consensus is that 10 amp 18650s don't provide sufficient headroom to be used safely at higher wattages where the amperage is creeping up toward 10. The overwhelming recommendation is for IMRs that are rated for at least 20A continuous and 30A peak.

I continue to use 10A 18650s in many of my lower-powered box and tube PVs, but I've stocked up on Samsung INR18650-25Rs and use those with all my higher-wattage boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread