Status
Not open for further replies.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
This is all just my first impression with about a days use of this device.

I bought this on eBay for about $86, hell of a deal for a 50 watt device. Included in the box is a screw driver, retractable micro USB cable, and little plastic shell container with spare screws for battery cover and adjustable 510 center. IMG_20140831_131939.jpg
I used a sony vtc4 battery as recommended for this device. Bottom cover requires three screw to be removed to access battery port. USB port is also on the bottom, you you'll probably want to remove RDAs from device when charging. Also notice the recess of the USB port... you'll have to use the provided USB cable for charging. The provided cable has a longer micro USB male end, none of my micro USB cables for phone or other devices will fit, see picture comparison (left is provided cable, rigth is my phone charge cable) IMG_20140831_132004.jpg IMG_20140831_132052.jpg
Also, when charging you cannot fire the device at all. Nothing happens when pressing fire button. Device temp will go up while charging, which is a given. IMG_20140831_132417.jpg

Device screen is pretty good, it is OLED. Top shows battery in both percentage and pictorial (circle). Directly under is your power setting (watts) which is controlled by the two buttons directly under the screen. Resistance and Voltage are displayed directly under power. You also have CPU temperature in celsius (65 is the safety shutdown temp, pretty standard temp for electronics) and a puff counter. Screen stays on for 2 minutes of inactivity and only at one brightness (which is not too bright at all, it's just right). I have had some instances where the screen does not go off after the two minutes. Not sure why. It ha sonly happened about twice but a simple fire and it resolves itself and goes off in 2 minutes. IMG_20140831_132343.jpg
The screen has a stealth mode option which can be accessed by pressing fire and down buttons. Also has a power lock mode which is accessed by pressing the up and down buttons. Both can be revered by the same button combinations. Pretty much the same like a DNA device. You also have the 5 click POWER OFF/ON. It is not a lock mode, so if you do this and turn it off, it takes a few seconds to come back up before you can use it after powering on as it will cycle through the power on animation of some binary numbers etc with the Cloupor T5 logo.
One little thing with the screen is I can see the top part of the percentage symbol is cut off. It's not a huge deal, but it may annoy some people. Maybe an update will fix (this has the ability for updatable firmware. a card included with the device says to check the website on sept. 16th for a "big surprise" and it says to check on your pc... perhaps an update?)

This one is a huge annoyance for me. None of my atomizers sit flush on the device. There is a large recessed well around the top that the 510 connection is in, seems like the base of all my tanks are at the same height as that lip, but my tanks are 22mm, so it looks awful. The adjustable 510 is all the way down, so there is just no hope. I measure the diameter of the top recessed area and it's about 34-35mm, so unless someone is making a atty that big, you're going to see the device not being flush. However, the connection is solid. (pictures in following post)

The device feels good in the hand and the fire button location feels natural. My main use of this device is mainly for RDAs because I tend to just use those around the house and I'm not sure if this would be a device I would take out and about with me because it may not be super pocket friendly for me in comparison to other devices I have. I haven't gone crazy with the power setting yet, as I generally like about 12.5-13 watts for my vape. I've gone up to 15watts and compared it to my vaporshark rDNA's performance and I feel it is just about as good. I'm enjoying the device and I think for what I paid, it's worth it. Even if I may never get all the way up to 50 watts.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
If you look at the first photo, without the device attached, you'll see a screw inside the 510 connection. You can adjust that screw so that the device sits lower. That screw is adjustable.
If you read the first post, you'd know that I did tighten it down as far as possible. Still the gap remains.

treyblck

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2014
Tampa area, FL
I am sorry to hear this! I purchased a T5 from an ebay seller with B&M stores in Washington. I have had no problems with flush setups with the clone ehpro Kayfun lite plus with dual airholes, Tobeco stillare, or tobeco 26650 tobh, or a plume veil by aerotech. I will up load pictures later. Maybe something is wrong with the adjustable screw. I couldn't tell from your picture, did your T5 come in a faux woodgrain box?

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I am sorry to hear this! I purchased a T5 from an ebay seller with B&M stores in Washington. I have had no problems with flush setups with the clone ehpro Kayfun lite plus with dual airholes, Tobeco stillare, or tobeco 26650 tobh, or a plume veil by aerotech. I will up load pictures later. Maybe something is wrong with the adjustable screw. I couldn't tell from your picture, did your T5 come in a faux woodgrain box?
Yes, it came in a box like that, legit authenticity code too that I checked on their site. Haven't gotten around the checking the spare screws for exact for, but they're all the same. So it seems to be a issue with the connection. But it is still usable regardless.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Wow. That gap would be a dealbreaker for me.

My ocd tendencies would be screaming!
You might learn to tolerate it. My tanks are technically with at the same level or just barely below the outer lip of the t5, so if you truly look straight on at it, you don't see it. When you angle it you can see that gap.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
I modified the bottom plate by reaming it out where the usb connection is so I can now use a standard usb plug.

Also for those that may not know..... power and watts up buttons pressed together will reset the puff counter (no mention of this in manual)
Watts are a unit of power, so let me rephrase what you said, fire button and power up pressed and held will reset puff counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread