Cloupor Z5 Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorakae

Sep 12, 2009
I can give you a bit of a first impression of this tank as I just received it today.

First, there is absolutely no manual or any instructions included at all. You more or less kind of have to guess how it works as it is a bit more complex than a subtank mini.

There is no spare glass, so if you break it, you have to buy another tank. I've not seen replacement glass anywhere.

It is a tall tank. About a head taller than the subtank mini due to the heat sink on top.

I have to question the effectiveness of the heat sink, as the drip tip fits directly in to it. As such, the vapor passes up through the chimney and in to the drip tip, essentially avoiding the heat sink altogether because it sits around the drip tip fitting. Nice idea on paper, but I think the design team missed the point.

It is well machined. Tight fittings and threads.

I really like the air control. Very smooth, quiet, and easy to pull through at almost any setting.

It has juice flow control, but I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of this is. It seems unnecessary if your coil head is wicking properly. Using the factory coil, I could perhaps see how this could have some effect as there is a lot more exposed cotton. Using the RBA, there are only 4 small holes at the bottom. There is so little room to affect juice flow, it would nearly be closed off if you adjust this very much.

In order to top refill the tank, you have to unscrew the top which lowers the chimney over the juice holes, and then pull off the top. This is a tight thread, so if you aren't holding the whole tank while you are doing this, you could easily unscrew the bottom first resulting in a mess. Otherwise, refilling is relatively easy and nice.

The RBA head is nice, easy to work with. It comes with 2.5mm kanthal coils already installed.

Leaking: Using the factory coil, I did have some very minor leaking out of the air holes. Using the RBA, and my first wicking, it leaked like hell out of the air holes. I suspect I may need some practice building and wicking on this deck. I will do another build with slightly bigger coils and using a bit more cotton. I hope that will eliminate or at least reduce the leaking I am experiencing now. I haven't found too many people posting builds on this deck, so it is all trial and error for now.

Overall, I love the airflow a whole lot better than the subtank mini. The top fill is nice but because you can't just open and fill, you have to unscrew (without unscrewing the bottom deck), and then pull the top cap off, it slows the whole process down and seems to make it more difficult than it should be. I really want to like this tank, but it seems I may have a bit of a learning curve with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread