CNN E-Cig Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to tag on this (enjoyable to me) review of Gupta's piece:
“what happens when you have non-smokers review eCigs.”

Thanks Jamie for linking to my post. I am glad you liked it!

I have been meaning to become a member of this forum and get engaged and I figured this would be a good opportunity. I was really surprised to see someone with your status on the forum like something that I wrote.

The campaigning and the activism I see in this thread is of the greatest interest to me right now.

Being constantly disgusted with the mass media I have been toying with the idea of starting my own thing.

Now that I have seen similar activities on this forum I am leaning towards incorporating some of my ideas into an existing effort such as the thread on this forum, the RTV or the AECSM. I am not technically a supplier or manufacturer though.

I will sign the petition and put a link to it on my site as soon as I can.

In the mean time can folks please point me to all the organized efforts they know of so I can see where I might fit in?

Thanks

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
I have STATUS? :shock: Sheesh, no one ever tells me anything around here! :oops:

Big welcome to the forum Sparky! You've done some nice work over there which I think has been a bit overlooked by most of us. Your presence here may put an end to that. :)

I'm going to sign off pretty quick for now so not adding much else at the moment.... except that we need your obvious commitment and enthusiasm, and right now it might even be for the better if you aren't also in the ecig biz.

In addition to threads here in the News section about the FDA/Lautenberg activity, please see Campaigning

Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks for pointing me to the campaigning section.

And, just to be totally honest, I am in the business as a marketeer.

If I do well enough I will spend my days campaigning for e cigs until a stable fair and just situation with the government agencies has been reached.

rsmith76

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
Bradford, Ohio
It has to be negative. If e cigs catch on the way big tobacco, the gov't, and big pharm. thinks they will, tobacco smoking will be on the endangered list. That would mean billions of dollars in lost revenue for the big three, and I'm not talking about the auto makers, lol. Not to worry, we might as well offer them a bailout too.

rsmith76

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
Am I the only one out there that thinks all of the media attention on e-cigs could actually be bad? The reason I think this is that all of the attention by the media put on e-cigs is forcing the FDA to act. I think they would rather just leave it alone, but when everyone is talking about it and asking them what they are going to do, it makes them look impotent by not acting.

Just my $0.02.

No, you are not the only one. And if these e-cigs get fda approval, then you can expect the fda to be regulating them, then the price will go up, then the fda will add a tax...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread