Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
OK, I was warned. Several coffee filters was not effective... still lots of small particles.
If you want to pursue extraction; you might want to consider using something like this:
AeroPress
It is used (with success) by some of the folks doing tobacco extraction. They just sub 1-2 micron laboratory filter paper for the included coffee filters. It handles smaller volumes nicely... and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

You can find discussion about its use in the Liquid Extraction From Tobacco sub-forum.

Reactions: smacuser

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
If you want to pursue extraction; you might want to consider using something like this:
AeroPress
It is used (with success) by some of the folks doing tobacco extraction. They just sub 1-2 micron laboratory filter paper for the included coffee filters. It handles smaller volumes nicely... and doesn't cost an arm and a leg
Yes, winemakers use 2 micron filters that should work fine.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I understand. I guess this could be done using gravity alone, but would take a very long time. Seems like some kind of pump or pressure system would be needed. I have no budget so just dreaming really.
I agree, the finer the filter, the longer it will take to filter. That, combined with the viscosity of the chosen solvent (PG, ethanol, water, VG, etc.), will influence how easily/quickly a solution can be filtered. Each DIYer has to choose what level of convenience and quality one wants, and what they are willing to pay for it.

The AeroPress is basically the same thing as a giant syringe. I have read accounts, of users placing weights (books, gym weights, etc.) on the plunger, so they can go about other activities while the press does its thing.

Please keep in mind; I do NOT do any type of extractions myself (I am perfectly satisfied with the plethora of available concentrates). So, for my part, this is only regurgitating what I have read on the tobacco extractions sub-forum I previously linked. Check them out, and you can ask practical questions there, for a more informed/experienced response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread