Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I just made my own extract using glass pyrex custard cups (rather than a bottle), freshly ground organic caramel mocha coffee beans, and strained into a glass measuring cup with a gold cone coffee filter (much faster and easier than paper filters). I'm going to let it sit for awhile and continue straining so I haven't tried it yet, but it smells heavenly! I have some sweetener and whipped cream DIY flavors I can add if need be....yum! :)
Thanks again for posting this!

Last edited:
Reactions: kross8

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I made some last night using Target's French Vanilla Coffee ($1.49) and added LorAnn's Bavarian Cream and LorAnn's Creamy Caramel. It came out really good! And I didn't have to let it sit for a week like I did using my method. Although it was a stronger flavor when I let it sit longer in the PG.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Sounds great! So, this is how to make the coffee flavoring, correct? Wonder if I could strain it with cheesecloth?

Then it's mixed like you said further on with a base at 3%, with 1% bavarian cream, 1% caramel?

Is this a kind flavoring to cartos?

Ok, so this makes the flavor concentrate, correct? And I'd then use 15-20% of this stuff with my VG liquid to make my eliquid? Just wanna make sure I'm not understanding this totally wrong. Thanks so much for the great idea!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
BTW, I used a disposable coffee filter, didn't try cheesecloth. Yes, this becomes your concentrated flavoring extract. Personally, I would start at a lower %. This is quite strong. Hubby and I usually flavor around 20%, and we like this around 12-15%. It's awesome! Hubby has been vaping this exclusively for 4 days, and his carto is fresh and tasty as day 1 with no signs of a stiffer draw.

Ok, so this makes the flavor concentrate, correct? And I'd then use 15-20% of this stuff with my VG liquid to make my eliquid? Just wanna make sure I'm not understanding this totally wrong. Thanks so much for the great idea!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Hubby has been using the same carto in a tank for 8 days so far with the juice I made him from our Kahlua coffee extraction. If I had to guess, I'd say around 20-24mls of juice so far.

The carto is still popping and crackling like a day one. There has been no stiffness in the draw and no loss of flavor. This is a TOTAL WIN!!! :D

Reactions: jlaudiofan

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
From personal experience this coffee receipe is wonderful! And I have spent thousands in the past 2 years looking for the best coffee vape and at this point, this ones it for me.

I learned this from a friend: Fill 1/2 of a 30 ml bottle of ground coffee. I used Cuban coffee because it's really strong.. Then top it off with PG and microwave for 10 seconds. (no longer). The Pg will absorb the coffee. Then top off again with pg, then place bottle in a hot water bath for 20 minutes. Strain mixture with a coffee filter. I used a funnel, and cut the filter to fit.

I used 3% coffee, 1% Bavarian Cream and 1% Caramel and It was the best Coffee liquid I ever had.

bluegrasslover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Willow Spring, NC
I just made my own extract using glass pyrex custard cups (rather than a bottle), freshly ground organic caramel mocha coffee beans, and strained into a glass measuring cup with a gold cone coffee filter (much faster and easier than paper filters). I'm going to let it sit for awhile and continue straining so I haven't tried it yet, but it smells heavenly! I have some sweetener and whipped cream DIY flavors I can add if need be....yum! :)
Thanks again for posting this!

Just for clarification...did you use the method described by Jimi D?

I roast my own coffee beans (yes, if you need yet another hobby to take up your time trying roasting your own coffee). This would be nice to make an extract from freshly roasted coffee instead of the stale stuff you buy at the grocery store.

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I tried this tonight. It was my first attempt at an extraction and may I say it was easy and produced a glorious coffee vape! Thank you all so much for sharing your methods. I have been on a quest to find a really good coffee vape, and this is it! Why didn't I think of doing this before?

:D

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
Anybody else's dark? I think this might be a carto killer.

Mine comes out almost black but I haven't found it to be a carto killer. I think using a paper filter is gonna be easier on cartos than a gold filter or cheesecloth, though.

My theory is that since both PG and VG (I extract mine into VG) are both heavier than water they hold heat longer than water does and extract more coffee than water does. Because they're thicker than water they do take a long time to pass through a filter, though.

Last edited:

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Ok I made this tonight. I used Kahlua brand coffee. Mine came out black. It smells so great. I mixed in a little VG.while it was in the water bath.

Anybody else's dark? I think this might be a carto killer. Lol

I made lots more than I thought. Probably 70ml. :eek:

If anybody wants a small sample let me know. Lol

I used the Kahlua coffee, too. I followed these directions exactly and let it strain through a paper coffee filter overnight.

"I learned this from a friend: Fill 1/2 of a 30 ml bottle of ground coffee. I used Cuban coffee because it's really strong.. Then top it off with PG and microwave for 10 seconds. (no longer). The Pg will absorb the coffee. Then top off again with pg, then place bottle in a hot water bath for 20 minutes. Strain mixture with a coffee filter."

I would say that the extract itself is medium brown, and you cannot see through it. My base for the juice is 50%pg/50%vg. I used the extract at around 15%. The color is lighter brown, and you can see through it if held up to the light. He is on his 11th day with the same carto in a cartotank. He has been vaping this exclusively. We are both very surprised and pleased with the carto life so far.

How is everyone else's carto longevity using this coffee extract?

Last edited:

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I was there the other day, and I found one bag for $1, but I couldn't find anymore. Are they with all the other $1 stuff at the entrance to the store?

they have the little packs of coffee at Target as well...i picked up a few last night...Kahlua Moca,Regular Kahlua and Kahlua French Vanilla

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
yes they are

if you cant find any more let me know and i can ship you as many as you want.

I was there the other day, and I found one bag for $1, but I couldn't find anymore. Are they with all the other $1 stuff at the entrance to the store?

5x3hnb.jpg

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
I looked at Wal-Mart today, no Kahlua coffee, none. grrr.
I picked up a Caramel Truflle to try.

IF I can get a shoe on tomorrow (since I graciously dropped a heavy bag of groceries on my toe today. OUCH!), I will head to Target, Krogers, etc to try to find Kahlua coffee.
If no shoe, my MukLuk house boots may have to surfice. Coffee calls. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread