Coil building question

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
So recently i started to roll my own coils, I've followed steam engine and managed to build my 2 SS coils with 0 issues.

my friend for whom i made 2 more coil kept saying she had a burnt taste, they were the same as mine and made the same way yet i had no such problem.

am i missing something ?
also i use my stainless coils in power hope its okay.

Reactions: stols001

APathos

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2016
CA USA
github.com
SS in power is fine.

If you have no issues, I would assume your builds are fine; She just may not be installing them as well as you are. Burnt could be too high wattage, too tight wicking, not evenly heating up, hot leg, etc. Seems like you should just physically step her though installation. A side by side installation or something.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
SS in power is fine.

If you have no issues, I would assume your builds are fine; She just may not be installing them as well as you are. Burnt could be too high wattage, too tight wicking, not evenly heating up, hot leg, etc. Seems like you should just physically step her though installation. A side by side installation or something.
all i did was make the coils ive already showed her and i'm always next to her in case she does something wrong,i do not remembering which rda she uses but even tasting her build i didn't taste the burnt taste.

thanks for the reply though :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
this is the problem when one teaches another about vaping....I got so tired of being the help desk to so many. With builds and with juice. Friends want to jump on your bandwagon with vaping but then come to you with every little problem like you are the store. I walked two good friends through it and then quit. Took almost a year of daily interruptions to 'fix' or 'rebuild' and teach. Now I refer people to the forum. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Maybe she has a sensitivity, or is taking longer/faster drags/pulls than you, and has scorched the wick. IDK. If it were me, I'd refer her here (too) because, well, maybe she'll take some "advice" from the person who DIDN'T build her coils vs. someone who DID, if she's complaining about it?

I'm just kind of thinking maybe some good, general advice might help her, rather than you trying to "fix" her "problem" especially if you cannot detect one? Etc.

Anna

Reactions: Don29palms

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Maybe she has a sensitivity, or is taking longer/faster drags/pulls than you, and has scorched the wick. IDK. If it were me, I'd refer her here (too) because, well, maybe she'll take some "advice" from the person who DIDN'T build her coils vs. someone who DID, if she's complaining about it?

I'm just kind of thinking maybe some good, general advice might help her, rather than you trying to "fix" her "problem" especially if you cannot detect one? Etc.

Anna
Meh I told her to go to our vape shop next time, she said switching back to claptons removed the burnt taste anyway. Personally i've kept using SS for some of my builds (mostly for testing) Still 0 burnt taste so pretty sure it was user error from her part since i didn't watch her doing her "burnt" build but i suspect burnt wicks.

On my end i'm still making tests from time to time with my SS wire pool, like at this moment i've got a single SS slightly spaced in my peerless (3mm Id, 0.32 0hm) dosen't taste as good as clapton wire imho but gets the job done + it's cheap enough that i can do tests and try different things lol

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's a wicking issue.

Agree. The other day I pulled my Eleaf Invoke out of my pocket and the hit took my breath away and scorched my tongue. Buttons pressed in my pocket. It hit 81 watts on my .6 coil and sent superheated air down my throat! Rayon wicking obviously wasn't up to the task. It went from wet to dry in 2 seconds. I'm a 10 watt vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread