attachment.php

Reactions: JimScotty0

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
So it's essentially a ceramic heating pad with positive and negative terminals. I couldn't even really make much out of the video as it was too low quality the picture gives a general idea though. The ramp up time is probably due to the time it takes the ceramic to heat up, same general idea/concept as the pads they use for lizard tanks in the pet hobby without the plastic housing obviously.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Quote from that link:
"Using a cutting-edge silicon valley material that was developed over two years, this tank has a CVU chip, or center vaping unit, that has been granted over a dozen patents in the United States and lasts for years." :D:D:D

Never knew Silicon Valley was a material, I wonder if you can see Apple, Google and Facebook printed in there if you look hard enough.

I'll give it this though by using a plate you do indeed have alot more surface area.

PS: Contact your lawyers right NOW, someone already beat your "idea" to market.
Vapeston Ceramikas Tank | Vapeston – Sub Ohm Tank Manufacturer

Last edited:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Quote from that link:
"Using a cutting-edge silicon valley material that was developed over two years, this tank has a CVU chip, or center vaping unit, that has been granted over a dozen patents in the United States and lasts for years." :D:D:D

Never knew Silicon Valley was a material, I wonder if you can see Apple, Google and Facebook printed in there if you look hard enough.

I'll give it this though by using a plate you do indeed have alot more surface area.

PS: Contact your lawyers right NOW, someone already beat your "idea" to market.
Vapeston Ceramikas Tank | Vapeston – Sub Ohm Tank Manufacturer
well not really, Ceramikas uses a coil, not a plate. More importantly, the material is different, one is made of ceramic, the other is made of " Silicon Valley " ;)

I am actually curious if the material used is indeed ceramic.

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
well not really, Ceramikas uses a coil, not a plate. More importantly, the material is different, one is made of ceramic, the other is made of " Silicon Valley " ;)

I am actually curious if the material used is indeed ceramic.
The plate is ceramic the heating element inside the plate. It's the same basic principal, both use a heating element wire more than likely to heat the ceramic plate square whatever shape you make it.

This has been around for over 30+ years in other industries. Commonly used to heat up lizard tanks sold as a under tank heating pad. A heating element inside a ceramic plate.

Vaping donuts (see above) use the terminals as a heating source, "other stuff" vape pens use this as well ceramic housing with a heating element underneath.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Don't really care if it's new technology or old technology re-purposed for vaping tbh. If it performs well and consistently, and lasts for a long time, ,and priced reasonably, i will take the plunge. I'm getting a little tired of building coils and dry-burning etc ...

Will wait for reviews and feedback from early adapters though.

Last edited:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
Didn't those things blow up when given too much power?
Don't know about blowing up but they practically disintegrated when you applied to much power. Ceramic isn't exactly a very durable material.

The thing that gets me is all these coils will be sold as replaceable not rebuildable. If laws pass your shiny new ceramic tanks will be useless unless you can find a ceramic shop that will custom build your coils.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Ceramic bearing an internal wire element. Should be really clean tasting and accurate for flavor like ceramic wicking. Ramp up time? To be expected, a tad ......ed. Wouldn't give up the precision with which I can dial up a specific temp output for the particular mech or var I have with a few minutes of analysis on steam-engine and a coil winding…and there are just too many options for me.

Want to be married to a single type of atomizer and this is the element for it? Well that may just be the perfect way to seek the optimal center of performance. If you like the form factor and the resulting vaporization you're in heaven. If not, maybe not so much.

OTH, if there's only five monopolies making these (FDA sanctioned) to a narrow range of temperature output….it may be just the 15-25W most love. But sometimes I like to burn my steak.

Good luck all.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread