Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Don't really care if it's new technology or old technology re-purposed for vaping tbh. If it performs well and consistently, and lasts for a long time, ,and priced reasonably, i will take the plunge. I'm getting a little tired of building coils and dry-burning etc ...

Will wait for reviews and feedback from early adapters though.

know the feeling. I build 5-6 tanks and damned if I don't have to do it all over 6 months later............:lol:
I do re-wick every 4-10 weeks depending on the e-liquid :D and to think, I only Vape 15-20ml day:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
know the feeling. I build 5-6 tanks and damned if I don't have to do it all over 6 months later............:lol:
I do re-wick every 4-10 weeks depending on the e-liquid :D and to think, I only Vape 15-20ml day:w00t::w00t::w00t:
Sweet ! Perhaps you have more free time devoted to vaping than i do. A little vacation time away from Sarcasmistan may be in order though :)

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Maz I'd much rather spend the time designing juice than winding. Considering how many I've made in 3 years already, a badly needed vacation. But darn if when you have it you don't wonder if a little more or less surface area would be just the answer for it. Back to the coil design drawing board…the grill or the oven. Always a mystery.

Good luck all.

:)

Reactions: Mazinny

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sweet ! Perhaps you have more free time devoted to vaping than i do. A little vacation time away from Sarcasmistan may be in order though :)

Actually there was no sarcasm. A lot of time devoted to getting it the way I wanted has freed up a lot of my time. A quality Coil replacement would free up even more.

Chill. ;)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here is a Post that another Member made about this New RTA...

There's a new tank called the Altus that is using a different type of heating element that supposedly never has to be changed (they call it an "advanced solid state heater"). You only have to rewick the cotton every so often, but the "coil" lasts indefinitely. A user on reddit is speculating what the heating element is. I will quote him:

I'm almost 100% positive that the "CVU" is just a silicon nitrate heater with tungsten (or some alloy of it) as the resisting heating element. I can understand why they don't want you to dry burn it, it would cause an expansion of the metal which would cause the inner layer of the CVU to turn into liquid-y phase silicon nitride (still a solid, but it expands under high heat) which would then COULD cause the solid-b phase outside to crack under expansive force. Dont worry about dropping it and breaking the CVU though, Silicon Nitride has a Density of 3.2 kg/m3 , nearly the same as diamond.​

Sounds interesting and I am anxious for reviews and a thorough breakdown of the "CVU."

In any case, the inventor has made a video showing how to wick it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh, I thought coil-less meant wick-less. I guess wicking is easier than coiling. How are they going to make any money off these?

Guess the same way that people who sell RBA's do, on the Upfront Cost.

---

If this Coil-Less RTA works, I wonder how many Coil Head users might switch over to it? Coil-Heads aren't all that Expensive, but to many/most, they are consider Disposable.

Last edited:

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Why is this a "Scam"?

If the Atlus works, and if people like it, what is the Scam?
120$ for a generic tank with a 3W resistor as the heating element. Plus all the BS about how it is diferent than using wire as a heating element... Produces less toxins... What a load.

I've got some magic magnets for sale. Only 300$. Makes your vapor taste better. Guaranteed to do you no harm.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I took this screen capture earlier.
image.jpeg

That is the inside of a surface mount resister.
image.jpeg

Or a very small hot surface ignitor.
image.jpeg

Reactions: Bad Ninja

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
120$ for a generic tank with a 3W resistor as the heating element. Plus all the BS about how it is diferent than using wire as a heating element... Produces less toxins... What a load.

I've got some magic magnets for sale. Only 300$. Makes your vapor taste better. Guaranteed to do you no harm.

Where does Performance, Taste, Ease of Use, Over-All Cost fall into all this?

This could be The Greatest Tank I ever used. And make all my other Gear look like Trash. Or it might be a Complete POS. Or more likely, something in between.

I like to Reserve Judgment until I try something for Myself. Or at least, to hear what some Other Users who are looking for the Type of Hit I like have to say.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama

Well, we know it works as the inventor demonstrated it on a video. The question then becomes who is it for? I think it will be for people who are lazy and don't want to rebuild. I don't mind rebuilding, but in a way it is appealing to have a "coil" that will last years.

I can also see it being potentially safer for inhalation as there will be no direct contact of the liquid with any metals. But the jury is still out on ANY of the heating elements we use in vaping. Coils are probably safe, but if a silicone nitrate heating element can reduce any exposure, it might be worth it.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Where does Performance, Taste, Ease of Use, Over-All Cost fall into all this?

This could be The Greatest Tank I ever used. And make all my other Gear look like Trash. Or it might be a Complete POS. Or more likely, something in between.

I like to Reserve Judgment until I try something for Myself. Or at least, to hear what some Other Users who are looking for the Type of Hit I like have to say.
We tested these years ago. The elements crack quite quickly.

Just be cautious. We are already using the safest combination of parts. Kanthal was chosen for very specific reasions. Cotton as well.

Take care.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Well, we know it works as the inventor demonstrated it on a video. The question then becomes who is it for? I think it will be for people who are lazy and don't want to rebuild. I don't mind rebuilding, but in a way it is appealing to have a "coil" that will last years.

I can also see it being potentially safer for inhalation as there will be no direct contact of the liquid with any metals. But the jury is still out on ANY of the heating elements we use in vaping. Coils are probably safe, but if a silicone nitrate heating element can reduce any exposure, it might be worth it.

Not lazy. Quite energetic on other things that have a higher priority. No offense taken tho☺☺

Reactions: Mazinny
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread