Coil Placement Proximity To Airflow??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
I've seen different opinions but I'm wondering where to position the coil in proximity to airflow to produce the best vapor production? Some say position it as close to airflow as possible others say position it in the middle between posts and airflow so more air is flowing around that coil. I'd like to hear opinions on this and I appreciate any help. Ty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
optimal position for me is as close to the air intake as possible, if you draw an imaginary line from the bottom of your driptip to the intake hole/s then on something like a doge or tobh you would have the coil/s placed slightly above the airhole. If you take this and couple it with the way or the amount of wick this guys uses in the following vid then you are chanelling the airflow even more and works really well>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1hqRp9TDDE

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Vapor thrusts downward off a typical coil with a shoulder type wick therefore your airhole in your top cap is best served just under the bottom of the coil height. On an air intake hole atty like on a Magma or KF, place the coil 1 to 2mm above the air intake so you do not smother the airflow but capture the downward thrusting vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread