Coil sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
Naples
I posted this a couple hours ago in possibly the wrong forum, but I cant seem to find the post. I apologise if this is a duplicate.

I'm looking for a decent set of a variety of premade coils. I see some with like 90 plus pieces for like $10. There can't be much quality there. Do any of you have a suggestion for a decent pack of verioty coils? I'm not sure what I'm gonna like because I'm just returning to RBA's and things have changed a lot. I got the maxvape kanthol set. I didn't like the Juggernauts, I ruined the Interlock alians trying to install them. I'm using a pair of alians now, but my batteries aren't rated for the wattage needed so there's a quit slow ramp up time... Side note, I thought the Sony vtc4's were 30a, but mooch rated them at 23a so have my mod at 160w which require 25.8a and the ramp up is still pretty slow. Thank for reading.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I posted this a couple hours ago in possibly the wrong forum, but I cant seem to find the post. I apologise if this is a duplicate.

I'm looking for a decent set of a variety of premade coils. I see some with like 90 plus pieces for like $10. There can't be much quality there. Do any of you have a suggestion for a decent pack of verioty coils? I'm not sure what I'm gonna like because I'm just returning to RBA's and things have changed a lot. I got the maxvape kanthol set. I didn't like the Juggernauts, I ruined the Interlock alians trying to install them. I'm using a pair of alians now, but my batteries aren't rated for the wattage needed so there's a quit slow ramp up time... Side note, I thought the Sony vtc4's were 30a, but mooch rated them at 23a so have my mod at 160w which require 25.8a and the ramp up is still pretty slow. Thank for reading.

What coil id do you need - and what is your preferred wattage?

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
    Naples
    Well I have a pair of Sony VTC4's and after reading mooches recemendation, I'm a bit concerned running them over 150w (dual cell). Preferred wattage is kinda hard to say because all these coils need different wattages to run proficiently. I like light warm to medium warm, or slightly hotter. I don't care for the crazy hot coils. I'm liking these alians at 170w, but not sure these batteries are sufficient for that so I'm running them at 155w (pretty slow ramp-up). Def gonna pick up a pair of the highest rated crd I can find from a legit manufacturer. I'm getting a tun of vape, but the flavor seems to be lacking a bit.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    You need to look at the coil mass. Higher the mass, the more power is needed to heat the coil. Unfortunately coil manufacture do not disclose what their coil mass is. That said, we can get a general idea by the gauge of the wire being used within the coil. Lower the gauge, the higher the mass for same number of wraps. Complex coils such as Aliens (not Alian) extend this even further by utilizing multiple cores along with a wrap.

Steam Engine is a great asset when it comes to not only building coils, but modeling pre-built coils as well, which can give us a general idea of their mass. Check it out and if you have any questions, ask.

Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread