coil shorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo55

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2012
san diego
I'm just learning to build Genesis stly coil/wicks. When I fire the unit the first wrap takes just a second to glow then the other wraps slowly, very slowly start to glow. Is this a true sign of a short in the coil/wick contact? They look great. Spacing, tightness look fine. Am going to try the rolling paper method then the cotton thread under the wire to see if this gets the coils to evenly and quickly like the vids I'v watched. Everyone I see, all the wraps get orange at the same time and very quickly. ???????

Any ideas?

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
when this happens is the wick dry, or is there juice in the tank? if there is juice in the tank then this is normal because the top of the wick is more dry. with my rebuildables it is like you said, the top glows first then after a little while the rest catch up then all glows the same. but if the wick is completely dry they all light up faster, although the top one still goes first.

kimbo55

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2012
san diego
Thanks for the input. I have tested with a wet wick so that is part of it. I test with a meter and subtract as I learned here. I try to test on my fixed volt 3.7 and a fresh batt. My unit/s are low end entry level. Ego twist and a Bolt big batt tube 18650. I want to get the process of building a SS wick/coil perfected before investing any more $$$ which I don't have to do. Hope to one day have all the skills needed to vape with the BIG Boys.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Thanks for the input. I have tested with a wet wick so that is part of it. I test with a meter and subtract as I learned here. I try to test on my fixed volt 3.7 and a fresh batt. My unit/s are low end entry level. Ego twist and a Bolt big batt tube 18650. I want to get the process of building a SS wick/coil perfected before investing any more $$$ which I don't have to do. Hope to one day have all the skills needed to vape with the BIG Boys.

You'll get it. Don't give up. Once you watch a few videos, and read some threads, you'll settle on a method that works for you, and it'll all fall into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread