Coil Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Fidola13, I have to agree that depending upon what atomiser you use and personal preference do affect what coil build you use.

I'm running an Ammit 25 with a 6 wrap 27 AWG (0.34mm) SS316L coil at 0.65 ohms, as it doesn't really like a high mass coil it seems.

And a Tauren SOLO with a 6 wrap 25 AWG (0.68mm × 0.27mm) SS316L flat wire coil at 0.32 ohms, and it doesn't seem to mind it at all (it's got lots of airflow).

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
im glass addict, store most of my little and loved things on glass... also i collect burnt or worn coils too, loool,
i do use something like this:
HTB1nUdEPXXXXXaNXpXXq6xXFXXX7.jpg

also some coils come in jars like that, for example:
Vandy-Vape-Triple-Fused-Pre-Built-Coils-1_1024x1024.jpg

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
@Fidola13, I have to agree that depending upon what atomiser you use and personal preference do affect what coil build you use.

I'm running an Ammit 25 with a 6 wrap 27 AWG (0.34mm) SS316L coil at 0.65 ohms, as it doesn't really like a high mass coil it seems.

And a Tauren SOLO with a 6 wrap 25 AWG (0.68mm × 0.27mm) SS316L flat wire coil at 0.32 ohms, and it doesn't seem to mind it at all (it's got lots of airflow).

Good timing I’ve been wanting to ask someone with the Tauren Solo what the airflow was like. I watched a couple of reviews but still didn’t get a sense of it. Is it a restricted DL? When I saw the tiny air holes I was worried. I like A LOT of air most of the time. DJLs couldn’t say enough about this atty in his review.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
The SOLO isn't bad in my opinion, also there's a lot of airflow adjustment with it. Wide open is very airy though.

I think that fasttech has the Stainless Steel one at around 18 USD with the MAP code, so it may be worth picking one up if you're interested @Fidola13.

Oh wow I thought it was a lot more expensive. Very cool thanks!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Fidola13, no worries about that. Always willing to let good folks know of a good bargain.

Without using the MAP code at checkout on fasttech, the SOLO is over 30 USD. So a decent saving.

Be warned though, you need a 1.5mm hex key or driver for the grub screws.

And the packaging is nice, Aluminium storage container that doubles as a stand.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I use different coil types all the time but I don't think everyone does. I like to fool around but I wills say some RTAs, I've just gotten to the point where I know what it seems to like so I usually just do that.

I think it's really personal preference.

Anna

I’m still in the experimenting phase I guess. I’ve been using ss430 a bit and just bought some ribbon wire as well as some thin clapton wire. I’ve always complained Clapton’s have too long ramp up which annoyed me. This thinner wire is a lot faster thankfully. And I recently just did parallel coils- which was really good.

My go- to will always be ss316l spaced single wire at around 0.5 ohms. Always a wonderful vape for me!!

Do you have any suggestions from what you’ve been trying out?

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
@Fidola13, no worries about that. Always willing to let good folks know of a good bargain.

Without using the MAP code at checkout on fasttech, the SOLO is over 30 USD. So a decent saving.

Be warned though, you need a 1.5mm hex key or driver for the grub screws.

And the packaging is nice, Aluminium storage container that doubles as a stand.

Thanks for the heads up! It doesn’t come with a hex key? Will a regular hex key like a lot of atties come with work?

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
And I keep on forgetting to mention that all the coils I'm playing around with are spaced.

Just waiting on some 0.38mm and 0.40 SS316L round wire, as I'm very close to what I like.

But you can still have fun with 30 odd AWG, a drill, a boring afternoon and an excess of wire. Made a rather interesting 6 wire coil that way.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
It does come supplied with a hex key @Fidola13, but it's made out of the cheapest Chinese tat that you can find. So it ends up stripping the hex grub screws a little, which then prevents you from tightening them properly.

So, as long as you have a decent 1.5mm one at one side. Your good.

Ok thanks for the heads up. I have at least 2 decent ones I can use instead.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I wind 2.0mm and 2.5mm coils depending on the atty. Almost all are 28ga SS316 at .5 to .8 ohms. I almost never wind in advance of need unless I'm playing around with a new atty to see what produces the best flavor, although I often recoil several attys at a time and rotate them in use.

I'm almost at the end of a 100' roll of 28ga SS316L after making coils for 2 to 3 years on that roll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread