Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Is there any particular reason why you can't use Amazon for the kanthal or ss316 wire? There's some cotton I want to get through there and it would be nice just to be able to get everything at once instead of having to pay separate shipping
You just have to be sure you're getting the right thing from a respectable vendor. I bought a 100ft spool of this wire on Amazon. When I looked at the reviews, I found one by ECF's very own @Fidola13, who spoke highly of it, so I knew all was well.

On Amazon, Temco also sells ss wire in gauges other than what I bought and kanthal as well.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
You just have to be sure you're getting the right thing from a respectable vendor. I bought a 100ft spool of this wire on Amazon. When I looked at the reviews, I found one by ECF's very own @Fidola13, who spoke highly of it, so I knew all was well.

On Amazon, Temco also sells ss wire in gauges other than what I bought and kanthal as well.
Well maybe I should just get that then since I'm actually speaking to someone who has used it... do you think there would be any difference in the quality if I got the 26 gauge instead of 30 I mean it's the same brand same supplier should be the same I would hope LOL

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I have yet to use anything but 28ga kanthal and 28ga ss316L. I have the 30ga ss316L I just mentioned to experiment with sometime (it makes me nervous, because it's so thin) and am waiting for a spool of Clapton wire that @AngeNZ recommended a while back (it's taking ages to get here from China). I've been intrigued by flat wire but haven't looked for any that would be suitable for my tootlepuffing builds.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Well maybe I should just get that then since I'm actually speaking to someone who has used it... do you think there would be any difference in the quality if I got the 26 gauge instead of 30 I mean it's the same brand same supplier should be the same I would hope LOL
It's Temco wire sold by Temco--I'm sure it will be fine.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I've been experimenting some with coils, enjoying the dual core fused Claptons a lot on my regulated mods but with the advent of the Luna I've been trying for the perfect build for me; been trying some various N80 wires as a result. Since I'm higher ohm build, finding the perfect fancy wire that heats quickly is a bit more challenging..

Thinking of beginning to create my own wire as a result..

Things will get interesting in the New year I'm thinking.. lol

Yep my problem too in unregulated. Don't want a hot build, but also don't want it so low in ohms it hits like a Mac truck ;)

Twisted 28ga works, just a bit spitty.

My fave is just a 5 or 6 wrap 28ga ss316l or n80 at 0.6ohms. It's a cool vape, fast ramp up and around the watts level I like.

Also tried and like mtl fused clapton wire 30*2/40 - it ramps fast enough, but does get warm when I chain vape my head off :D

My next step is flat wire ;)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Yep go for 26ga for now, 30 is way too fine (unless you use two strands and twist it) - but I'd start with 26ga then go down to 28ga. I use 28ga, but it is thin, and when you are learning, you are better off with something stronger

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    It's Temco wire sold by Temco--I'm sure it will be fine.
    Thank you so much for pointing me in that direction they even have a spec sheet which I really appreciate just because legit things should have a spec sheet.. also it's saving me money because the products cheaper and the shipping's completely free...you rock!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Yep my problem too in unregulated. Don't want a hot build, but also don't want it so low in ohms it hits like a Mac truck ;)

Twisted 28ga works, just a bit spitty.

My fave is just a 5 or 6 wrap 28ga ss316l or n80 at 0.6ohms. It's a cool vape, fast ramp up and around the watts level I like.

Also tried and like mtl fused clapton wire 30*2/40 - it ramps fast enough, but does get warm when I chain vape my head off :D

My next step is flat wire ;)

I've tried the MTL Clapton wire but was unhappy with the ramp up time. Maybe I should try one less wrap or something, just make it a little lower than I did last time...

I've got some .6 ohm ni80 Clapton wire that I got from AsModus, but I think that's ramping up too fast.. lol..

I've still not found the Clapton sweetspot on that mod I guess.. haha, still looking for goldilocks..

I can get it on round wire, just not the Clapton..

greek mule

Unresolved Status
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    BTW did the guys think we were gonna talk about bra sizes in here? ;)
    upload_2019-10-16_4-59-14.jpeg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I've tried the MTL Clapton wire but was unhappy with the ramp up time. Maybe I should try one less wrap or something, just make it a little lower than I did last time...

I've got some .6 ohm ni80 Clapton wire that I got from AsModus, but I think that's ramping up too fast.. lol..

I've still not found the Clapton sweetspot on that mod I guess.. haha, still looking for goldilocks..

I can get it on round wire, just not the Clapton..

I only use claptons now in RTAs on regulated mods - I just found it got too warm, or if I added another wrap - too long to ramp up. It's a tightrope walk ;)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    BTW did the guys think we were gonna talk about bra sizes in here? ;)
    Oh please, no! I’m insecure enough about the type and gauge of wire I use. I do not need to start second guessing if I’m buying the right size and style of bras! I mean I just got over being paranoid about that lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread