Colorado man SERIOUSLY injured by e-cig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drifts

Nov 4, 2014
New York
You guys gotta see this. Kind of scares me to even continue vaping. I found this article as I was prepping a new coil in my arctic tank. A Kanger sub tank blew up in this guys mouth! Broke his neck, his tooth, and now he's undergoing spinal surgery! This is some really scary news. Perhaps he was using the vape improperly? I hope this doesn't mean the end to vaping. I really don't want to go back to smoking cigarettes.

College student shatters vertebrae after his e-cigarette exploded

Man left with horrific injuries after e-cig explodes in his face

It's all over the internet! And here's another one I found:

E-cigarette exploded in man's face - and put him in a coma

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Of course it's all over the net , it's negative news with "e cig" in the name , thats ALWAYS big news . Hope he's going to be OK but this sucks.

I was just reading the comments below , talk about misinformation , here is what one guy said and nobody corrected him on his mistake .

Wants to be a personal trainer but smokes these things? The vapors have Ethylene Glycol in them. ITS ANTIFREEZE!!! Don't you people read the ingredients before you put that stuff into your bodies???

Last edited:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Don't use a mechanical mod in which the picture shows. Spend $20 on a vape device and start vaping with something you know nothing about when you have a potential bomb in your hand. Likely had a flashlight battery in it which are low amp and not high drain batteries. That or a dead short. Mechanical mods are strait power off the battery. Use a regulated device with good high amp batteries and carry on trouble free. CHEERS!

Mikey6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2013
Bakersfield, CA, USA
I may be wrong but I think the mod pictured has a hybrid connection, mix that with the non protruding pin and it's trouble. I've been using mechs for a couple years now and have had no issues. Just don't be dumb and do research. One of my local vape shops is actually being sued over end user stupidity.

If I wreck my motorcycle going 140 mph I'm not going to sue the manufacturer or the dealership for making powerful we equipment or selling it to me. That's on me.

Thumb smashed on my Galaxy Note 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread