Commenters needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
I subscribe to the Mercola health news page. I like many of his ideas, but I'm pretty disgusted with his position on electronic cigarettes. Today's page includes "6 things to do instead of smoking" in which he takes the opportunity to disseminate negative, outdated information about e-cigarettes, including the antifreeze bogey that will not die:

http://articles.mercola. com/sites/articles/archive/2013/12/02/smoking-alternatives.aspx?e_cid=20131202Z1B_DNL_art_2&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art2&utm_campaign=20131202Z1B&et_cid=DM35872&et_rid=354921551

6 Things to Do Instead of Smoking Cigarettes

The comments section has no e-puffers chiming in yet. Feel free to add comments. You might have to subscribe. If you don't want to, that's understandable, but he has often said negative things about electronic cigarettes.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

NiNi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
Paulden, Arizona
Sometimes it gets very frustrating to see the same things repeated over and over again.......*sigh* The "classic" anti-freeze study.:facepalm: "Save the Children"..........

OP, suggestion, write your comment and tell them you are un-subscribing. If this online "health" magazine wants to disseminate information you KNOW is incorrect, not current, or half truths, what does that say about anything else they they write about?
:2c:

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Sometimes it gets very frustrating to see the same things repeated over and over again.......*sigh* The "classic" anti-freeze study.:facepalm: "Save the Children"..........

OP, suggestion, write your comment and tell them you are un-subscribing. If this online "health" magazine wants to disseminate information you KNOW is incorrect, not current, or half truths, what does that say about anything else they they write about?
:2c:

I commented. I didn't threaten to unsub. My comment was not added. I think it might be in moderation, or I did something wrong in the commenting process. If it doesn't go live by this afternoon, I will try again.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
If this chump is so concerned about saving people from the "leading company" whose vape has traces of metal in it, why doesn't he name the company so that we can avoid it?

If I remember right, that is based on Talbot (amateur scientis, pro-ANTZ, sponsored by BP & FDA) PRELIMINARY study, where she says eCigs are bad because we SUCK HARDER on them than with traditional cigarettes, which causes metal-scules to rise and infiltrate our lungs. She found ONE cartridge or carto, by Liberty(?) that required hard sucking. She neglected to mention if it had an air hole or if the fluff was packed to tight or if the battery was all but dead, .... This, "conclusion" of hers is equivalent to straws... like saying straws release micro plastic-cules every time we slurp harder on them. But I don't see them banning straws that are favored by millions of kids everywhere. A straw that won't slurp will be used as a spoon by the user. The carto that won't slurp will be immediately removed and tossed, unless, of course it is fixable. She fails to mention that in her report too.
Anybody who has ever vaped, knows this study is pure BS. Most of us complain they are too airy!
eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-07/uoc--ecr072810.php

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
Thank you Crash Moses and Davinna. I see your comments on the article. I replied to Crash too, and this time my comment went live immediately, so I must have done something wrong before. My real hope is that Mercola will turn around. I like him because he speaks out against pharmaceutical scams, the hegemony of GMO seed companies like Monsanto, water fluoridation, and many other sub-popular issues that need exposure. He promotes food as medicine (organic and local as much as possible), exercise as medicine, and so many things that I believe in. He's just bull headed when it comes to ecigs, and I think it simply is for lack of information about how this one miracle truly gets people off cigarettes for good.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
"Snap your cravings away .... "

Maybe that trick can be modified a little for the author of that drivel : Put rubber band (big one) around your head. Snap frequently against forhead (hard). Continue till mouth/pen/keyboard stops spouting BS....

Whatever works for quitters to succeed in quitting is fair game, But using or rather abusing their intentions by regurgitating that nonsense isn't really helping 'em. If you wanna quit, quit. I keep my thumbs pressed for ya, regardless if you do it cold turkey, with help from the plethora of means and methods that are available. If you wanna vape, vape. Vape on, if you feel like it, quit vaping too, if you feel like it.

But a lot of folks need to quit, although they never touched an analog or a mod :

They need to quit telling other folks how to live their lives...

[/rantoff]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread