FDA Comments by Bill Godshall and Smokefree Pennsylvania urge FDA to reject Deeming Regulation, correct fear mongering claims about e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
When I started to read I liked it. Then I have found Obama’s name… One more… I searched the first page, and found out 11 Obamas.
Sorry, it will not work. No, it will, but in opposite direction. It’s highly partisan (without any need to be so), so it makes poor impression. Do you really believe that only republicans are vaping?

Making vaping regulations a partisan issue you made more harm than good with your comments.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Remarks by the President at the signing of the family smoking prevention and tobacco control act | The White House

President:

We've known about this for decades, but despite the best efforts and good progress made by so many leaders and advocates with us today, the tobacco industry and its special interest lobbying have generally won the day up on the Hill. When Henry Waxman first brought tobacco CEOs before Congress in 1994, they famously denied that tobacco was deadly, nicotine was addictive, or that their companies marketed to children. And they spent millions upon millions in lobbying and advertising to fight back every attempt to expose these denials as lies.

Fifteen years later, their campaign has finally failed. Today, thanks to the work of Democrats and Republicans, health care and consumer advocates, the decades-long effort to protect our children from the harmful effects of tobacco has emerged victorious. Today, change has come to Washington.

This legislation will not ban all tobacco products, and it will allow adults to make their own choices. But it will also ban tobacco advertising within a thousand feet of schools and playgrounds. It will curb the ability of tobacco companies to market products to our children by using appealing flavors. It will force these companies to more clearly and publicly acknowledge the harmful and deadly effects of the products they sell. And it will allow the scientists at the FDA to take other common-sense steps to reduce the harmful effects of smoking.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
they famously denied that tobacco was deadly, nicotine was addictive, or that their companies marketed to children.

Sounds like some people I know.

I mean it's completely irrational and ad hom to not agree that tobacco is deadly. Mark my words, one day all you (former) tobacco users will be dead, and the meme will therefore be accurate.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Frankly, I'd like to see Smokey or Roly just delete all other posts and leave Bill's comments and the links to the doc and the one comment about it's addressed to the courts, and make it a 'sticky'.

+1. Let's clean up the thread and make it a sticky for future reference.

Done. Copied into this sub-forum (closed/no comments permitted): Advocates' Updates - FDA

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
When I started to read I liked it. Then I have found Obama’s name… One more… I searched the first page, and found out 11 Obamas.
Sorry, it will not work. No, it will, but in opposite direction. It’s highly partisan (without any need to be so), so it makes poor impression. Do you really believe that only republicans are vaping?

Making vaping regulations a partisan issue you made more harm than good with your comments.

The only people who have made vaping a "partisan issue" are the liberal democrats in the senate (Harkin, Durbin, etc) along with Obama's appointment of Mitch Zeller to the FDA, who have consistently attacked and lied about vaping. These attacks started in 2009, concurrent with a new administration in Washington. Your attempt to mislead and avoid the facts is not helpful.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
The only people who have made vaping a "partisan issue" are the liberal democrats in the senate (Harkin, Durbin, etc) along with Obama's appointment of Mitch Zeller to the FDA, who have consistently attacked and lied about vaping. These attacks started in 2009, concurrent with a new administration in Washington. Your attempt to mislead and avoid the facts is not helpful.

Let's keep this to a discussion about the posts please, and stop attacking other posters.

Friendly reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread