Bill Godshall urges opposition to FDA deeming reg at FDLI conference because it would give e-cig industry to Big Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Per Roger's questions,

The FDA and other e-cig prohibitionists chief goal will be to get FDA to issue the Final Rule while Obama is still in office (as many/most newly elected presidents push their own regulatory agenda, and often scrap those of the preceding administration).

So our key goal must be to prevent the FDA from issuing a Final Rule while Obama is in office. The best tactic to delay the regulatory process is to request more than 75 days to submit public comments (especially since it took dozens of FDA staff and lawyers nearly three years to write the complex 241 page proposal).

If Republicans win control of the US Senate in November, the Obama administration will sharply scale back its huge regulatory agenda (which will significantly increase our chances of preventing Obama's FDA from issuing the Final Rule), as Durbin, Brown, Blumenthal, Boxer, Markey, Merkley will lose control and much of their influence (to lobby for the FDA deeming reg, increase e-cig taxes, and ban e-cig advertising).

That seems like an excellent approach. Who would have the standing to push for extension of that public comment period? Also, what is the likelihood that they would grant such an extension?

Sundodger

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2013
All 57 States
Per Roger's questions,

The FDA and other e-cig prohibitionists chief goal will be to get FDA to issue the Final Rule while Obama is still in office (as many/most newly elected presidents push their own regulatory agenda, and often scrap those of the preceding administration).

So our key goal must be to prevent the FDA from issuing a Final Rule while Obama is in office. The best tactic to delay the regulatory process is to request more than 75 days to submit public comments (especially since it took dozens of FDA staff and lawyers nearly three years to write the complex 241 page proposal).

If Republicans win control of the US Senate in November, the Obama administration will sharply scale back its huge regulatory agenda (which will significantly increase our chances of preventing Obama's FDA from issuing the Final Rule), as Durbin, Brown, Blumenthal, Boxer, Markey, Merkley will lose control and much of their influence (to lobby for the FDA deeming reg, increase e-cig taxes, and ban e-cig advertising).

PAY ATTENTION to the above quote people! This is without question the most important line of how we can at least slow, if not totally STOP this crap! And it's sad to say, it's not just about NRT's or Harm Reduction Products, it's about almost everything in our lives as we know it today.

I could go on and on, and I will, here at home, with those that allow me, or just put up with it. vape ON!!

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
POLITICS:

Don't forget that one third of the senators and the entire house are up for election this fall. Find out who supports or is at least neutral on e-cigarettes and support them.

This rule is going to be finalized in the middle of the next presidential election and another one third of the senators also, if we make enough noise this fall they will remember and listen to us.

We are millions strong and can swing close elections if we vote together.

Lets not make the same mistake we did as smokers and go quietly in the night as the science is on our side this time.

Quoting myself from another post, let those in your family and friends know who supports us, we can make a difference.

:2c::vapor:

CaliGrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
norcal
thanks Bill, great read. funny....i know several dr's including a couple of cardiac surgeons who, when they found out i quit smoking after 30 years and started vaping did nothing but praise and handstands, happy as they could be, and letting me know in no uncertain terms that vaping is, in their opinion the #1 method recomended by them to their patients who want to quit smoking. go figure.....

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
thanks Bill, great read. funny....i know several dr's including a couple of cardiac surgeons who, when they found out i quit smoking after 30 years and started vaping did nothing but praise and handstands, happy as they could be, and letting me know in no uncertain terms that vaping is, in their opinion the #1 method recomended by them to their patients who want to quit smoking. go figure.....

If it were actually about our health and not the $, that would count for something. :(

Big congrats to you though :toast:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

It's a shame they can't come together and offer some support to our cause, but as is said, it's all about money and control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread