Compare your Cig vs Vape Nic Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Camel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Santa Rosa, California
Ahh...thanks for that. I might try them later, but I want a good taste to start the process. What flavor/strength did you start with? Or rather, which flavor/strength did you finally feel was enjoyable?

Oh...I do plan to get the auto battery. I love the whole process of smoking, and I want to get as close to the "real" thing as possible. Buttons just seem weird to me. lol
I have only tried 36mg, but I like it so have stuck with it.
555's are my favorite I've tried.

Brew

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
WA
agree with doots, but in any case: smoked 1-1.2 packs per day (lights, mediums, or regulars - whatever was $1.00 off). vape 24mg all the time. Sometimes feel like I'm overdoing it and step away from the PV for an hour or so and then come back.

Your about like me and I'm stuck at 36mg. Go forth and do battle my friend. I feel you, as I will overcome.

jamvector

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Wisconsin
Newport lights for the last 12 years. I have smoked for around 20 years with a few quits over the years. Around 10 packs a week. 18 mg Cowboy Menthols have been my most prevalent over the past 12 days and I have not had to have an analog since I got my order. I have had 5-10 cravings but was able to abstain with the help of the V4L VKs. I hope to try to cut back over time and eventually get to 0 mg. We'll see.
:)

I had a similar history to Treyster's; found that any of the 24mg Menthols were great, but a little strong. Part of the problem is that I vaped too much, certainly would hit it more than taking the time to go outside and have an analog. I'm very happy at 18mg on any of the Menthols from V4L, but you have to take into account that you probably hit on the VK more often than you would regularly light up an analog.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
I smoked 3/4-1 pack/day of VS Menthol Luxury Lights (120's). I tried starting at 18mg/day and it was lighter than VS Menthol Ultra Lights for me, then I went to 24, that almost cut it, so I was doing 36 in the morning, and honestly - I just enjoy 36mg/ml more, and really don't see a compelling reason to use anything lower. I've tried making some 40mg/ml, and it was a little strong for me, so 36 seems to be a definite sweet-spot. I can vape that all day without noticeable consequence

Defiantgroundhog

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
Cameron
Pack and a half of Marlboro Lights.... although I never really smoked a whole cig. I would take some deep quick drags then put it out. Would chain smoke while on the computer and/or playing poker. I vape 24 and 36mg in pretty even amounts. I switch between the two during the day. I'm trying to just vape 24 but not there yet. Some of the flavors just taste better to me in 36... meh.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I smoked 2 packs a day of menthol lights of different types for 37 years. I tried 18mg but it was much to strong for me so I settled on 11mgs. But I refill with 8mg and soon lose track of which is which. I also vape 0 nic flavors of my own making at night (I tend to chain vape on the computer).
For me it's the flavor..not the nic. I don't vape any tobacco flavors.

Stoked!

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Philly Burbs
I smoked a pack of full-flavor menthols for 18 years. Since one cigarette has about 2mg of nic...I try not to go CRAZY with the nic because I don't want to become MORE addicted to nicotine. So I try to smoke 6-11mg all day with some 36s on the side for emergencies or for moments when I don't have much time to vape (I work in a public elementary school) so 36mg is helpful sometimes during the work day when I don't have time to have a whole 12-14 drags...ALSO its IMPORTANT TO HAVE 36mg around for weak or stressful moments!! I also have a 0mg that I try to vape on during the hour before bed...as this vaping has caused me some sleep disturbance....cant sleep for many hours. I believe this is due to the lack of carbon monoxide and therefore increased oxygen in my body due to quitting smoking. Also probably due to increased intake of nicotine. Either way I'm SURE having less sleep is not as bad for you than smoking. ha ha!

(Edit) Oh...And I don't think that lights vs full flavor makes a difference.....according to research the smokers of either had the same amount of intake of nicotine and tar per cigarette.

Tweek it to suit your needs and if you really feel like you are gonna fall off the wagon try nic gum btwn vapes...dont overdose but it REALLY helps me when I'm SUPER STRESSED!!!

Vape ON!!!!!

Last edited:

Stoked!

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Philly Burbs
I smoked 2 packs a day of menthol lights of different types for 37 years. I tried 18mg but it was much to strong for me so I settled on 11mgs. But I refill with 8mg and soon lose track of which is which. I also vape 0 nic flavors of my own making at night (I tend to chain vape on the computer).
For me it's the flavor..not the nic. I don't vape any tobacco flavors.

I pray I am as lucky as you are...to get off the nicotine!!!! I would FREAK in a good way if I could get off the nic. I'm worried that the anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects of the nic may keep me addicted forever....cause every one knows that when I don't get my nic I get sad and stressed. I'm HOPING!!! Only time will tell. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
Congrats to you!!!!!!!!

ALC

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Ohio
I smoked 1 to 2 packs a day of VS 120 menthol lights for 21 years. My biggest thing is the act of smoking that I prefer the most. Vaping is the perfect solution for me. I started on 18 mg and have stayed there for a while. I decided to change and go with 8 mg and that was a huge mistake for myself. I went to a store and found some of the 36 mg and OMG I actually got a buzz.

I think if someone is really worried about the nic level then just cut little by little. I find myself now not caring and if I vape 18 mg all day with no variation I do fine. I guess I am at the point that I don't want to quit vaping at all. At first I thought I would just cut down little by little and then give up but now I want to vape as long as I can.

As far as not sleeping, I just had to make myself put the PV down and step away. It may help to cut down the nic levels in the evening, but I am just now starting to experiment with that one.

daphne

Feb 13, 2010
Austin, TX
My biggest thing is the act of smoking that I prefer the most.

That's exactly the same for me. I LOVE the act of smoking, and that's why I've never been able to fully quit. If I am out of my element, I rarely smoke...but if I'm at my computer I constantly reach for cigarette. It's the smell/cough/emptying the ashtray bits I won't miss.

I just placed my first order, and I'm starting at 11mg. I'm so grateful for all the advice, because I almost started at 36. 8-o After doing some research, I have the feeling this would have knocked me over. :lol:

Desertfremen

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
MI
It really does seem like there isn't a correlation.

Well, I was smoking about a carton/week. Some days were only a pack and some I smoked 2. It always worked out to a carton a week for the last 5-6 yrs that I smoked. Kool XL Blues were what I smoked and previous to that I smoked Kool Non-filter with a transition period of the XL Green.

I started with 36mg and it worked quite nicely for me. 24mg also I find works quite nicely. I once tried the lower mg dosing in the evenings but that was disastrous. I couldn't stay up for the life of myself! XP

I've been sticking with 24s or 36s and have been just fine though I do find that *most* flavours taste better in the 24.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
You can jot it down too, or even hold the numbers in your head. The response is pretty small.

Polls here are rife with error. I haven't seen one yet on ECF where the error isn't likely to actually provide patterns where they don't necessarily exist. Compiling a thread like this and treating it as raw uncontrolled data is the lowest bias methodology I can think of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread