Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
my first try was back in 2008 with a $100+ cigalike that tasted worst than a diaper, used for a few hours and back to analogs...
now on 2013 started with a simple ego/ce4, it did work and I loved it but each time I upgraded I realized all the shortcomings of my previous setup... I've been on mechs for 1.5 year and love it

2008 this right down to the box was my first
r

2013 ego ce4
eGoCE4BlisterPackKit.jpg

today
lA79p2Z.jpg

Reactions: awsum140

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I started with a blu disposable. Then my first rechargeable was a cig a like called provapes (never buy this) then I got a Vivi nova and a twist. Then I clear 16 with k100 mech mod, then I got a nautilus. Now I use a cloupor mini with a subtank mini and magma. Difference between my first couple and last couple setups is night and day

MeganC

Nov 14, 2013
Moose River, ME, US
I started with an ego / ce5 / vivi nova, vaped it from october to february but wanted to smoke cigs about half way through so smoked here and there then going back to them... Purchased a MVP2 on the 26th of March and got it the 30th and haven't smoked since... I agree they have come a long way since the ego!!! I just recently got an istick 30 w with a kanger subtank mini yesterday and am loving it!! Gonna try to build a coil later!!! Exciting!!!!

Reactions: chopsy

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
If the first ecig I bought and tried (2012? Maybe. It's been a bit.) counts, i started on a crappy cigalike that did nothing for me but punch me in the throat. didn't pick it back up until October last year, bought some evods and vv batteries, upgraded to the kanger emow mega (really nice, btw) in January, a gi2 clone in February with a nautilus mini, a kbox and subtank in late February, and a plethora of tanks since then. Way happier with my experience now.

Been hanging around in here trying to burn through my 5 posts but I don't really know enough to give other people advice, so I figured I would start this thread rather than give bad advice just to get through my 5 obligatory posts.

I'm joining up because I have new hardware and want to learn more about it, but when I think back to my first ecig I have to laugh.

I haven't been a tobacco smoker for 5 or 6 years now... I picked up my first cartomizers and battery in 2009 when they banned clove cigarettes in the US. They resembled what NJOY sells now, roughly the size of an actual cigarette & they came prefilled and were advertised as refillable. The refillable part was a joke! Unable to take them apart, you had to fill it one drop at a time at the battery contact and there was no rushing this process -_- inevitably, they would leak and gurgle like crazy. Although I successfully quit smoking cloves (not like I had a choice!!)these things turned me off vaping entirely for a few years.

Recently a good friend quit smoking and as he upgraded from an eGo battery and CE4 clearomizer, he gave me his old setup. First thought: miles ahead of that old junk!! But of course he is always having me try his new setup and when he got himself a nice Kanger Subtank mini and Kbox I realized that a mod + tank setup makes the eGo seem almost as bad as that "old junk."

tl;dr edition:
How far have you come from when you started vaping?? What was your first setup like??
Oh, man... Have I got a story for you, my friend..hope you have time... Lol.
It all started about two and half months ago. My buddy and I were meeting up to go see Gov't Mule. He showed up at my place to pick me up, and he hands me a small box. It was an Ever Smoke ecig starter pack. It came with 2 batteries and four prefilled cartimizers. He told my this..." Dude, you NEED to quit smoking and join the 21st century". So, i gave it a try. The flavor was good (what did I know about flavors then??) and it did kind of feel the same as tobacco smoke. It was off and on as far as smoking cigs and vaping. But almost immediately, i found i was vaping more than smoking. Then, the disposable cartimizers ran out!! For almost two weeks of scouring the greater SF Bay Area, i could not find those carts ANYWHERE!! Oh, the horror!! Still tied to the tobacco companies!! After a couple of weeks, i stumbled into a vape shop after work to get a REAL vaporizer rig. What did I get for an answer....?
"We are out of stock on most of our mods"
The frustration was mounting again. By this time i was really MISSING the vapor! He recomended another vape shop a few miles away. So i lit another cigarette, got in my car to check it out.
MAN!! This shop totally outshined the first one i went to!! Staff was courteous, friendly and knowledgable, and made me feel at home. I told them the story so far, and then he started showing me different mods he really liked. He recomended the Eleaf iStick 50w variable mod with a simple Aspire ce5 tank. I was stoked!! Then he takes me over to the "juice bar". All of their juices are created in house and they are DELICIOUS!!. He let me try several flavors (41 in all.... Too many to sample them all) and i went with Honey Dew and Nanerscotch. Awesome!! I could not wait to get home and start vaping again. But, as luck would have it, the mod crapped out after 2 hits!!! WTF????. By that time , the shp had closed.....GRRRRRR.... Still smoking....
Next day, i went back and they replaced it, no question. Cool beans!! Back vaping. Fast forward 10 days. Mod stops workin. Display reads no atomizer. So i go into said shop once more fore a pack of coils. Change out the coil in store, and wouldnt you know it.... The mod stops working.... Again. Same issue as the first!!! WTF!!!!! So i explain that this was the second iStick in less than two weeks, and the guy says "OK. Forget the iStick. I'm swapping it out with this lil number here (price was the same as iStick). It was (and still using same unit today) the iTaste MVP2. This mod is bullit proof!! I dropped this mod a bunch of times and is still working like a horse!! I am still on the ce5 tanks (gonna be upgrading to a Nautilus mini or a Pro tank soon). So that is my adventure into the world of vape. Hope you found it entertaining.
Go in peace, friend

Last edited:

chopsy

May 1, 2015
Good read!

MAN!! This shop totally outshined the first one i went to!! Staff was courteous, friendly and knowledgable, and made me feel at home. I told them the story so far, and then he started showing me different mods he really liked. He recomended the Eleaf iStick 50w variable mod with a simple Aspire ce5 tank. I was stoked!! Then he takes me over to the "juice bar". All of their juices are created in house and they are DELICIOUS!!.
Just recently found my local version of this shop you describe... head and shoulders above the other ones nearby and the juice bar thing is super helpful.

Reactions: Curly Merkin

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That one on the far right is a slick rig Andria. :thumb:

Ain't it, though! I was griping that I wished I could use 18500s with my Vamo, and Edyle suggested a Chi You kick ring -- so I got the brass-toned to coordinate with the gold vamo, and now I can use 18500s with my vamo AND vape in style! :thumb: :D

Andria

Reactions: awsum140
Good read!

Just recently found my local version of this shop you describe... head and shoulders above the other ones nearby and the juice bar thing is super helpful.
Thanx, Chopsy. Glad you enjoyed it
Good read!

I love the juice bar.... I always find a new favorite!! Plus it encourages social interaction!! Its like having a candy shop inside of a toy store

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
How far have you come from when you started vaping?? What was your first setup like??

Hello Chopsy and welcome!

I started vaping in 2009, just like you did, with the same cigalikes--my first kit was GreenSmoke. I got it because it came with a 30-day no questions asked guarantee. :sneaky:

My progression was typical. Batteries: eGos, vv eGo class batteries, tube mods (ProVari and Sigelei Zmax), box mods. Atomizers: cartos, carto tanks, tankomizers (I still like my Aerotanks), RBAs (Kayfun and Lemo Drop)...

My favorite setup today? iStick 30 with Eleaf GS Air and GS MS tanks... :lol: Inexpensive, no fuss, great vape.

Reactions: chopsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread