compare your first ecig to what you vape now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I started in 2007 with a cig-alike kit from Vapor 4 Life and pre-filled cartomizers - blech. This was before re-fillable cartos hit the scene. Back then, your choice was between two set ups: the two-piece battery plus cartomizer or the three-piece battery plus atomizer plus cartridge. Debates raged on the forum as to which of those 250mah/fraction of a ml set-ups was the "best." From there, I went to an ego and rode the clearomizer wave from CE-2's to CE-whatever's. Finally, after trading a lot of $$$ for mostly a drawer full of duds, I stumbled upon the Reo, and the vaping angels sang. I now have four Reos and an assortment of single and dual coil rba's and I'm good.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I started in 2010 with a Volcano Magma kit, it wasn't great but it gave me hope. The pic is not my first battery but it was my first manual battery, also Volcano.

The paper clip was rigged when the button popped off to hold me over until the replacement came, that's when I learned the importance of back ups, and back ups for the back ups :)

image.jpg

I discovered the joy of bottom feeders just over a year ago, Reo Grands with Nuppins' and a PeKo with an Odin are my every day carries now :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: awsum140

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I started with an eGo-T. (hated that atomizer) Someone suggested I try a LR 510-T atomizer. I figured out how to drip with that ole 510-T atomizer, and a monster was born. :lol:
    P1000374.jpg

When I started vaping the FDA was involved in a lawsuit, customs was seizing shipments, and the end to vaping was looming over our heads. (sound familiar) So I figured it would be prudent to learn how to be "self reliant", and that led to mechanical mods, RDAs, and DIY liquids.
    P1010469_zpsb094fda9.jpg

So now I enjoy using Provaries, iSticks, and all sorts of RBAs, RTAs and so on, but the mechanical mods & RDAs are still here.

Last edited:
    Reactions: B2L

DoomiteAsh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 16, 2014
    Amarillo, TX
    Started about a year ago with an EVOD VV clone (ego battery) and a couple of T3S tanks, just to see what all the fuss was about (I dipped and smoked an occasional cigar). Got an MVP 2 and a mini Protank 3 a couple months later with birthday money, then I could vape cinnamon juice without risking my plastic tanks. Some time later, I was gifted a Sigelei Legend (15 watt) that I still use at work. Late last year, I started vaping 18 mg juice. That was enough to get me off the dip. Got a Subtank mini and an MVP 3 a couple months ago. That pretty much brings you up to speed as far as I'm concerned. Vape on! :vapor:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    I started with the Volcano Magma cigalikes. All the way back in 2010, but they didn't do it for me. Wasn't until February 2014 that I found the Vision Spinner and EVOD tanks. That was my catalyst. Within a month I was done with cigarettes. Now I sport a couple of iPV Minis and iSticks. Top with Kanger Subtanks, Nautiluses and a couple of RDAs.

Riff

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2014
    Texas
    I had quit smoking, having a kiddo did that. I would still have an occasional cigar or pipe on a guys night out kinda thing, but I was clear. I had a good job (TDCJ Corrections) that could be a little stressful when a friend and former co-worker joined my family in grey. Our Sargents decided we worked well together. We went in, went to break, and left all together. And every time it was "you want a cigarette?" As you would expect on stressful night I said yes. BAM! I'm back to smoking at work, which led to smoking at home...

A few months down the road I had a family reunion to go to and a family road trip to take. 4 hours in a car with a 4 year old. I didn't want to smoke in a car with her, and didn't want to have to add stops just for me. Blu had been aggressively advertising as "safe" in terms of secondhand vapor so I picked up a Blu disposable for the trip. I enjoyed it enough and with the exception of a couple "party cigars" it was all I "smoked" that trip. That led to a Blu kit and I used them for a little over a year.

One day I realized that 3 kits when one had broke and all the refills were almost as expensive as the cigarettes they replaced, especially as I was hitting them more often than I ever had cigarettes. So I went to the local vape shop and over paid for an ego style and a few ce-4's. Another co-worker showed me his MVP, and the internet sold me an MVP 2. I liked the iClear 30 it came with, but that tank was almost the opposite of reliable. I got a Nautilus mini and was in heaven... or so I thought.

Around this time I got onto ECF. I toyed around with mechs and kept looking for the perfect blend of flavor and clouds. My coils were sloppy, but serviceable and rebuilding was so much work for so little improvement. The Atlantis was coming out and sounded so very cool. I pulled the trigger on an SVD 2 as it was advertised on ebay as being able to run the Atlantis. (yeah, maybe... in some dream) The very next month I bought a Sigelei 150 and thought I would never run it over 45 watts.

Now the Atlantis is sweet on the 150, and I do still use it. The SVD and Nautilus got a lot of love until a couple months ago. See I went back to my Nemesis and RDAs. My coil building got very competent. I was dripping more and more. The Atlantis setup replaced the Nautilus, Rdas at home. I kept buying Rdas and looking for something better.

Last month I took the Reo plunge through the classifieds. It was very nice, but the firing pin had issues, I replaced the pin but was still having trouble. I bought a second Reo direct from Rob. I rebuilt the first one almost completely. Both function like champs. I'm looking for my favorite Rda for it, but so far a Mephisto clone from Catfich Mods has been king. Now I have been toying around with "bigger and better" builds on both my mechs and the Sigelei. I built a serious cloud chaser on a competition Rda I picked up at a whim but enjoy (Samurai) .5 Ohm and finally took it 100 watts with a cool-ish and stable build. Man is that awesome for when you just HAVE to feel draconic.

The Reos have become my daily carries. The Siglei and mechs, my playground. My first MVP and 2 others have been gifted to friends and family. I'm still chasing that blend of flavor and clouds, I have some Rtas that get some use, and my SVD doesn't get really dusty as I use it every couple months. I'm almost done chasing gear... I think. For a while there vaping was my most expensive hobby. Now days I'm just buying juice and coil gear, much cheaper. Heck of a journey, loving every step!

Reactions: chopsy
    I used to smoke a long time ago, and my new G/F smokes sometimes when she's taking a break from work. I started looking into vaping as a way for her to reduce the bad chemicals and still get that nicotine kick she craved. I went with her to help her pick something out, and we both tested a number of flavours for her, in little cheap cartomizers.

She's now rocking an Ego One 2200mah with a Subtank Nano. I've a Hana Modz clone with a Subtank Plus, rolling my own NI200 TC coils.

Quite the difference.

akr-

Feb 14, 2012
    Germany
    Hey there...

i vape since autumn of 2011 and started and was more than happy with a ego-t kit. i liked it that much, that i started making my own juice by the end of 2011 and tried a lot since then.
    The major steps where the bulli-smoker a2-tm rta, then the first kayfun-like clones, then the real kayfun lite clones and now im more than happy with a good open draw and my lemos. soon to come: the open draw dual coil rtas like cthulu and goblin.

nic level decreased since then from 18/24mg to now about 3mg.

Frank M

May 15, 2015
    First post here... good topic. "If I knew then what I know now," seems to apply to everything in life.

The Logic e-cigs I tried a couple years ago only held my interest for a couple weeks. I didn't bother to learn much more about the technology back then and didn't think about vaporizers again until this past winter. This year however, being a little more determined to find a safer habit, I bought a Joyetech eGrip. It was certainly a lot more effective, but still not quite satisfying or tasty enough.

After a few weeks went by with the eGrip and my frustration with the short life of its tiny atomizers, I went straight for a Hana V4s, a Subtank Mini and a Plume Veil. The combination does exactly what I hoped it would, and aside from some "refinement" issues with OCC nickel coils, it's a highly satisfying experience.

If only this technology existed years ago... sigh.

Reactions: awsum140
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread