The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Competition builds

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by rodeo302, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. G-weezy

G-weezy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    Minneapolis
    Mines are clones also. Chuff caps was from Coval Vapes but FT carries them for cheap.

2. rodeo302

rodeo302 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    Well looks like I'm gonna have to practice my parallel builds by the pictures you guys have been posting thank God for rip trippers lol thanks for the info everyone now I wonder what would happen if someone tried a parallel sleeper coil?

3. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    [​IMG] 30 Watts ..instantly took picture[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] 40 Watts
    [​IMG]

4. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    That's awesome got a cloud contest this Saturday only one guy that works at the store believes in battery safety so this might get interesting to say the least one guy from my regular store might go to compete it's gonna be fun I think.

5. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    Suspectk what mod is that in your pics?

6. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    IPV2 from preorder..pos.

7. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    Lol it looks pretty cool tho.

8. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Thanks to Kris D. He's a genius with shapes.lol. All his art work on the jwrap.

"Prototypes"
    [​IMG]

9. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    Hey g-weezy I just noticed your from Minnesota to do you have any b&ms around you like to go to I've been trying to check out as many as I can?

10. westonG

westonG Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    i went to my local B&M and told him to build somethin crazy cause they do free builds... what do i end up with? 22G parallel sleeper on my TOBH V2.5... With a chuff enough type cap that a local guy makes custom for people, it was seriously throwing clouds, probably could have won a competition if there was any going on at the time i had it. ive tried replicating it and cant quite get it always gets messed up on the second coil..

11. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    Ya sleepers are a pain to do I'm going with a triple micro coil with 24 gauge in my tyr it chucks the clouds I've got a good chance I think.

12. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    I'm not watching a video..I don't do that...all the images for sleeper builds just look like normal dual coils..a lot of them are sloppy as hell too.

Is it just the orientation of the legs? The opposite would be an awake build?

13. G-weezy

G-weezy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    Minneapolis
    The only B&M I go to is the internet and my man cave lol. I DIY my juices, order everything online.

But there is one in Crystal I like. Electric Vaporland. Really nice place, they have mechs, RDA, RBA, etc.

Vapor Bunker in Robbinsdale carries clones. But they make your juices to whatever ratio you want.

14. westonG

Feb 27, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    sleeper coils just means both coils are done with one strand of wire, so you wrap your first coil put the longer strand through the center post and tighten those screws down, then wrap the second coil and pull that lead through the other negative post, its a PITA to get the coils tidy and not sloppy looking but if done correctly, they hit amazing, with crazy clouds..

15. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    Awesome I'll have to check them out I like to check out stores abd talk with the people there.

16. Froth

Froth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2014
    Chipotle.
    I was sitting here staring at this length of 22G Nichrome 80 and my drill, you can guess what happened next. Six wraps each over a 2.4mm screwdriver, 22g Nichrome 80 twisted until it snaps, I had to pull VERY hard for it to snap, so hard that my drill was straining against it. End result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not as hot as I was expecting, but it sure punches you in the back of the throat! Not an every day build, that's for sure.

17. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    That's pretty sweet wish I had the patience to build that but I always get impatient and wanna vapor so I pull had and break it.

18. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    i was nodding with agreement with everything until the mouth-only advice. seems like lung hits would produce bigger clouds. but maybe the clouds are denser when we dont dilute them in our lungs. i just cant wrap my head around winning a cloud comp with only the amount of vapor you can fit in your mouth.

19. westonG

Feb 27, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    ive talked to and seen the guys that are going to compete in the "cloudmasters" competition at Vapecon... they definetly dont do mouth inhales, ive also tried both and there is no comparison to a mouth inhale and lung inhale, the lungs will always win.. also the helios is basically a beginners cloudchasing RDA, it has miniscule airflow and just doesnt work that well, if you want huge airflow and want to be able to do the HOT builds get a Mutation X.. i have my mutation running dual 22g parallels 3/4 wrap and it gets super hot and produces some really thick vapor.. also in case anyone was wondering, the delrin/ or whatever it is drip top for the Tugboat V2 fits the Mutation X, it just covers up the top 3 airholes, which is basically perfect..

20. rodeo302

Jun 10, 2014
    Minnesota
    I got arid of the Helios and picked up the mutation x which I love very airy draw if I want it or I can have a cool draw when it would be hit in any other rda I've tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.