bc36d400ddd7d41b1035447cd9d349ab.jpg

bb3757d3f31cc530c8d2e03a007e5827.jpg
40 Watts
966ca62fddfe4da3dca59394525f0037.jpg

westonG

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
San Diego, CA
Well looks like I'm gonna have to practice my parallel builds by the pictures you guys have been posting thank God for rip trippers lol thanks for the info everyone now I wonder what would happen if someone tried a parallel sleeper coil?

i went to my local B&M and told him to build somethin crazy cause they do free builds... what do i end up with? 22G parallel sleeper on my TOBH V2.5... With a chuff enough type cap that a local guy makes custom for people, it was seriously throwing clouds, probably could have won a competition if there was any going on at the time i had it. ive tried replicating it and cant quite get it always gets messed up on the second coil..

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
Hey g-weezy I just noticed your from Minnesota to do you have any b&ms around you like to go to I've been trying to check out as many as I can?

The only B&M I go to is the internet and my man cave lol. I DIY my juices, order everything online.

But there is one in Crystal I like. Electric Vaporland. Really nice place, they have mechs, RDA, RBA, etc.

Vapor Bunker in Robbinsdale carries clones. But they make your juices to whatever ratio you want.

westonG

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
San Diego, CA
I'm not watching a video..I don't do that...all the images for sleeper builds just look like normal dual coils..a lot of them are sloppy as hell too.

Is it just the orientation of the legs? The opposite would be an awake build?

sleeper coils just means both coils are done with one strand of wire, so you wrap your first coil put the longer strand through the center post and tighten those screws down, then wrap the second coil and pull that lead through the other negative post, its a PITA to get the coils tidy and not sloppy looking but if done correctly, they hit amazing, with crazy clouds..

rodeo302

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
Minnesota
The only B&M I go to is the internet and my man cave lol. I DIY my juices, order everything online.

But there is one in Crystal I like. Electric Vaporland. Really nice place, they have mechs, RDA, RBA, etc.

Vapor Bunker in Robbinsdale carries clones. But they make your juices to whatever ratio you want.
Awesome I'll have to check them out I like to check out stores abd talk with the people there.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I was sitting here staring at this length of 22G Nichrome 80 and my drill, you can guess what happened next. Six wraps each over a 2.4mm screwdriver, 22g Nichrome 80 twisted until it snaps, I had to pull VERY hard for it to snap, so hard that my drill was straining against it. End result.

cloudcha1.jpg

cloudcha2.jpg

cloudcha3.jpg

Not as hot as I was expecting, but it sure punches you in the back of the throat! Not an every day build, that's for sure.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Wrap a sick 26g parallel and load it with 100% VG and win it all. Do a 3/4 wrap around a 2.5mm. Your atty and batty will make massive difference as well. Your coil, airhole and wick positioning will also affect your clouds. So get that setup in optimal position. Most super airy drippers should do the trick. Do the same build around a 2.5mm or a 3mm mandrel and see what that does. Try tilting the coils up. Use Rayon. I think shoulder wicks give the biggest clouds since there is so much air under the coil where all the vapor is spitting out. Don't pack the atty with wick---that's where people blow it. You need plenty of air with that 100%VG. At the very least, you will not embarrass yourself with a version of this setup. Don't take any vapor into your lungs. The cloud winners only do massive mouth pulls....Leave all the vapor in your mouth before you blow your clouds...The guy with the best setup and the most massive squirrel cheeks will win it. Good luck.

Edit: I would use the Helios...

i was nodding with agreement with everything until the mouth-only advice. seems like lung hits would produce bigger clouds. but maybe the clouds are denser when we dont dilute them in our lungs. i just cant wrap my head around winning a cloud comp with only the amount of vapor you can fit in your mouth.

westonG

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
San Diego, CA
. Don't take any vapor into your lungs. The cloud winners only do massive mouth pulls....Leave all the vapor in your mouth before you blow your clouds...The guy with the best setup and the most massive squirrel cheeks will win it. Good luck.

Edit: I would use the Helios...

ive talked to and seen the guys that are going to compete in the "cloudmasters" competition at Vapecon... they definetly dont do mouth inhales, ive also tried both and there is no comparison to a mouth inhale and lung inhale, the lungs will always win.. also the helios is basically a beginners cloudchasing RDA, it has miniscule airflow and just doesnt work that well, if you want huge airflow and want to be able to do the HOT builds get a Mutation X.. i have my mutation running dual 22g parallels 3/4 wrap and it gets super hot and produces some really thick vapor.. also in case anyone was wondering, the delrin/ or whatever it is drip top for the Tugboat V2 fits the Mutation X, it just covers up the top 3 airholes, which is basically perfect..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread