The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Confised question.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Aceramos, Oct 13, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Aceramos

Aceramos Full Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Hi guys, im to the full mech mods. Im using vtc4 batt for my mod and running .7 ohms. I just want to ask because on my ohms reading it is .07 ohms. Is it really .07 or .7 ohms?

2. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    What are you using to get the reading?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aceramos

Aceramos Full Member

Oct 13, 2017
    It's from my aegis mod. Tried it also on my snowwolf, since my coil master ohms reader burned out. I'm confused if its .07 or .7 ohms. I do know that im safe with .7 ohms.

4. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    If two mods are reading it at .07, there is probably a problem with the coil or it is .07 ohms. Maybe loose screw or contact with tank somewhere.

Best be safe than sorry. Check it over good and replace if necessary.

What awg, wire type, wrap numbers and inner diameter?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    A huge difference between .7 and .07, that's 6 amps vs 60 amps. Don't push that button until you know for sure.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Aceramos

Aceramos Full Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Im using a parallel clapto 24awg with 5 wraps 3mm inner diameter. I'm new to full mech mods. I've done my research with ohms volts and amps calculation. I'm just worried if im doing it properly. I know that the vtc4 has a max amp of 30 and it is better to go for 80% of the 30 amps. Is really possible to get a .07 ohms for a parellel clapton 24awg 5 wraps with 3mm inner diameter?

7. Aceramos

Aceramos Full Member

Oct 13, 2017
    i just pushed it and it's giving a really nice clouds. But im still worried about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    If it is Kanthal...It should come out to around .7
    Wire wizard | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

But there may be a loose screw or it may be in contact with the base. Check it over good. I would not use it if one or especially 2 mods are reading it that low .07

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    If your concerned about it just build another coil to ease your mind. That's what I would do. :) Welcome to the forums.

• Like Like x 3
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Look, you tried it on two mods and they both read 0.07, correct? If that's the resistance read, then either that is what it is (and you yourself stated you wanted to be at 0.7) or there is something going on with that build causing it to read incorrectly.

Why are you trying it on the mod when those are your two scenarios? There is a HUGE difference between 0.07 and 0.7, and you must surely be aware of that? I understand wanting to try a mech mod, but having the patience to redo your build if necessary would be a good quality to possess, IMO. I really don't want your first mech mod experience to be horrid, and I don't understand asking the question, getting the answers you did, then going ahead anyway???? What, exactly, is that about? No one answered, "It's probably nothing, go vape it on your mech mod and see what happens...." Right?

I'm not trying to be mean here, I'm just a bit confused. If you are going to be a responsible mech mod owner, this isn't the way to go about it, that's all.

Anna

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Aceramos

Aceramos Full Member

Oct 13, 2017
    thanks oh and this is a pre build coil forgot to mention.

12. Aceramos

Aceramos Full Member

Oct 13, 2017
    yeah im sorry, i have a feeling that i was .7 ohms, i guess i post this thread just to get an assurance.

13. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    You could still have loose contact under the screws or contact with the base and coil

• Like Like x 1
  14. AzPlumber

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Not sure about your coil but it is possible to get that kind of reading if there is a problem with the atomizer.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Aceramos

Aceramos Full Member

Oct 13, 2017
    alright thank yoh so much. I'll go try and build another coil.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and welcome,

Where did you get the coil?
    It should have stated it's characteristics (wire type, ID, resistance etc.)
    Mounting a coil is NOT building a coil.
    Are you wrapping your own coils or using pre-fabricated coils or pre fab wire?

Note the VTC is rated at 23Amps.
    Are you mounting one or two coils?

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. AzPlumber

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    You won't find anyone on this site that condones pushing the button on a mechanical mod with a resistance of .07 ohms, they don't have any fingers to type a reply.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Aceramos

Aceramos Full Member

Oct 13, 2017
    it's a pre build coil and i'm using two coils. I've mounted another two coils that ive got and still giving me a .07 ohms. I'm usually build my own coil. But since im trying this full mech i want to make sure I'll a get .7 ohms that why i bought it.

19. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I would not use those coils.....If they are .7 ohm coils mounting 2 should come in at .35 ohm. There is something very wrong here. Either the coils or the atomizer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Aceramos

Aceramos Full Member

Oct 13, 2017
    and just to add up im using a peerless atty. And a Baal v4 atty. Tried to read it with my snowwolf and it has the same reading of .07 ohms. Im pretty confident I've mounted it properly. The bad thing is my coil master ohms meter burned out. What would you suggest? Just build my own coil?

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.