Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Totally missed the other thread, Duh, Sorry guys.

My Understanding, if they want your passwords, they can get anything they want. They ( whoever, they are) are so capable and savvy, that you and I, aint gonna stop them When it comes to easy money,
anything goes. Good Luck tommorrow and the next day and the next day
and on and on

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
CNN reported that if you go to the web site listed below and can get on--then you are fine and do not have the worm--the worm is already in place so if you do not have it, your security updates will not allow it to got though. ---Sun

See McAfee-Antivirus Software and Intrusion Prevention Solutions If you get on the site then you are fine, if not you have it according to CNN----Sun

Phalse

ECF Veteran
We don't know what deep freeze is so we are going to Flame you phalse!
BRING IT ON!

Why do you even have anti virus.

Anti virus is for noobs in the 1990's.
Or people who have both deep freeze and very sensitive information (which you don't have on your c drive DO YOU?!?). The users here don't even have any sensitive data, unless they keep business records on their C drive like idiots.

Stored passwords for credit card sites don't count, that data is encrypted when sent via secure server. Only other way is to key log your buttons pressed on your physical machine and deep freeze keeps every app out.
You should not be storing business data to your C: drive, only to externals to be even safer.
If you follow proper practices even with a business you should have 0 sensitive data on you pc.

You should NOT be running anti virus on home PC's.
How out dated can you be.

Sensitive data that needs active anti virus are goverment main frames and science calculations. Again, you should not have sensitive data on your PC even if running a business.

Normal people use Deep Freeze since about.....5 years ago.

Faronics - Home of Deep Freeze and other Intelligent Solutions for ABSOLUTE Control

Last edited:

ChainSmkr

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
USA
Based on what I've read, the threat April 1 is an "updater" to the Conflicker Worm. So if you don't have the worm on your computer now, then you will have no problems.

What I do when virus warnings are issued with dates is just change my system clock. My computer will never see April 1st because I've already set it to April 2nd. I also make sure my computer never sees Friday the 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread