Confused about ecigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Please be careful if you start shopping for new stuff.
There are some 'baby' Aspire tanks with other names... some are rubbish.
There are some shops that lie and tell you they have a 'special' tank designed for them, so they can charge you more money (UKecigstore...)
At this stage, unless you feel the old tank was too low vapour, you should avoid anything called sub-ohm really.

Reactions: Chintzy82

Chintzy82

Jan 30, 2016
z
Yes, I can believe the tank might leak. Does it have a name other than Kanger?(Kangertech).
Something like the Aspire K1 might work for you better, or the Eleaf GS Air tank, which was designed to go on the iStick. It's still a good tank even if you don't trust the battery. I ordered some today (GS Tank, not GS Air) from China. Back-ups for the ban on tanks over 2ml.
Aspire Mini Nautilus is quite good too.

Have a look around on here. You'll have to ignore all the crazy stuff.

Clearomizers
It says Kangertech EVOD Mega

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I worry about overcharging it. So that's why I want to change it for one where there is a protection that prevents this from happening. So paranoid that I don't let it charge for more than 10 minutes! I would feel happier with something that was protected.
Your iStick has this. When the mod if fully charged, the battery indicator will show full and the "lightening bolt" will disappear. At that point the mod will no longer be charging.

Getting a new mod will not improve on this.

However, here are some safety guidelines (regarding charging) we recommend for all mods and 18650 batteries:

1. Always use the charger that comes with the battery.
2. Plug the usb into a wall wart. Plugging it into your computers usb port takes the battery much longer to charge and if the batteries protection fails you could risk blowing your computers motherboard.
3. Don't leave the battery charging when someone is not around to unplug it when it is done charging. I also do not charge it overnight for the same reason.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
z
It says Kangertech EVOD Mega

Yes, that's helpful. They are OK, but things move on all the time.
Kik (a British e-cig company) sell them. Lots of shops sell them.
More likely to leak than the other ones I mentioned.
I reckon if you find anything called "Evod" or "Protank" or "EMOW" you will have the same problems.
(got to put some spuds on)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I'm relatively new to the concept of ecigs. I've been using a kangatec tank with a 1.5 coil and a Eleaf variable wattage battery. But I want to change it as its had some bad press about it blowing up!! I need some suggestions as I enjoy vaping and have managed to quit smoking but don't like the idea that it could blow up! Can I please have some suggestions on aha I can buy in the UK that's safer than I'm using but is variable??
I have used eleaf mods istick40tc, and istick60tc.

Never had a second of trouble out of either one.

Mods don't just blow up.

Every time a mod has blown up they have been abused by pushing the mod beyond its limits.

There are two battery experts here @Mooch , and @Baditude. They have probably forgotten as much as I ever learned about battery safety.
Get some good batteries. I recommend LG HG2, and Samsung25r.

If you rebuild keep the resistance of your coils at .3 ohm and above.

Chintzy82

Jan 30, 2016
Spuds on! Magma re-wicked, Kayfun Monster rebuilt.

Caramel Custard in operation. :thumb:

(You can ignore that @Chintzy82 )

I think it might be good to ask what power you use your iStick at @Chintzy82

We know you can vape most of the way to 20w, but I'm guessing you don't.
(I wouldn't either with most tanks)
Hi. Probably around 5w

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I have the Vaporsharks and a Provari also. They cost a little more and last longer. But, most importantly, when the screen says 18 watts, the coil is getting 18 watts.

I had an iStick, I actually threw it away. I felt embarrassed if I gave it to someone just starting. That was a year ago, though.

Inexpensive is not necessarily wise.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I had an iStick, I actually threw it away. I felt embarrassed if I gave it to someone just starting. That was a year ago, though.

Inexpensive is not necessarily wise.

Dear me, that sounds bad. I kept my early 20w ones, maybe they're no good now anyway.... perhaps a 'recycle' might be the best for them.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Your iStick has this. When the mod if fully charged, the battery indicator will show full and the "lightening bolt" will disappear. At that point the mod will no longer be charging.

Getting a new mod will not improve on this.

However, here are some safety guidelines (regarding charging) we recommend for all mods and 18650 batteries:

1. Always use the charger that comes with the battery.
2. Plug the usb into a wall wart. Plugging it into your computers usb port takes the battery much longer to charge and if the batteries protection fails you could risk blowing your computers motherboard.
3. Don't leave the battery charging when someone is not around to unplug it when it is done charging. I also do not charge it overnight for the same reason.

The technology in Istick mods are darn good used two of them still use the 60 TC.

Fantastic mods.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thankyou for your comments, is givenme some confidence in my battery.However I'm gonna change the tank as the leaking is driving me bonkers from the kangertech EVOD mega. I'm thinking about getting the ileaf tank instead but need some advice on which could to use and where to buy from. I'm currently using the kangertech 1.5 ohm?
The Eleaf tank is much rarer in the UK. (Outside of the Joyetech shops)
You could use Amazon to save a quid or so. Personally, I'd go here for that particular tank.
Eleaf GS Air Dual Coil Airflow Adjustable Atomizer

Reactions: subwayaznm

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Thankyou for your comments, is givenme some confidence in my battery.However I'm gonna change the tank as the leaking is driving me bonkers from the kangertech EVOD mega. I'm thinking about getting the ileaf tank instead but need some advice on which could to use and where to buy from. I'm currently using the kangertech 1.5 ohm?

Nothing wrong with your mod.

How do you like to vape? MTL (Mouth To Lung) of LH (Lung Hit)

If you like a restricted airflow like a cigarette; I would recommend the Nautilus Mini.

If you like big air possibly a Subtank.

I see you are using the istick20. If memory serves that will Fire down to 1 ohm.

Here is what I do with my electronic gear. I have multiple battery packs

Anker
Foxnovo
Kmashi
Nationite.

When I need to recharge my phone tablet or vspe gear I use these battery packs to charge my gear. This way the current is cleaner and no power surges or brown outs to ruin my gear.

Then I charge my battery pack from the wall.

I would rather have my $20-30 battery pack ruined than ruin my iPhone egrip, or Android tablet.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm relatively new to the concept of ecigs. I've been using a kangatec tank with a 1.5 coil and a Eleaf variable wattage battery. But I want to change it as its had some bad press about it blowing up!! I need some suggestions as I enjoy vaping and have managed to quit smoking but don't like the idea that it could blow up! Can I please have some suggestions on aha I can buy in the UK that's safer than I'm using but is variable??

The safest eCig you will ever find ... expensive, yes ... however, this device will likely last forever.

ProVari 3 - Titanium Edition - Creme de Vape

Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
.. and less of a worry than dishwashers, mobile phones and hoverboards.
The hoverboards which caught on fire were using ICR batteries. Another example where some manufacturers proved that they don't know about battery technology. They should have been using IMR or INR batteries, which don't catch on fire when they vent.

Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread