Confusion beyond when I took Calculus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcv44wf

Jul 31, 2010
NY
First some background:

1. I am in the U.S. (don't hate me automatically :) )

2. I am non smoker (never have been)

3. I want to buy a great product and don't care so much about cost, primarily because I have a long ride to work, I get bored and I tend to snack and I think maybe??? the non-caloric vapor e-cig will keep me from eating.

So, what the heck do I buy. I read the primer. I want those criteria above and I want the best, meaning in the long run.

I'm seeing model numbers not brand names and that confuses me. Can't somebody give me a model number and then say what brand offers that model in an everything included starter kit?

Thanks

I appreciate the help. I have been reading for weeks and am no closer to a purchase decision.

Peace

sonomacoma

Jul 20, 2010
Sonoma
Before you solely take my advice. I want to let you know that I have only been vaping for about 3 weeks.
That said, I started with a really crappy PV and just found a great PV that I love. I got a joye ego. Many websites have great deals but I got a dual ego kit from nicotinenirvana, I got it there because I had read that the prices are really good. I didnt research other sites however. I like the joye ego because the battery life is insane. I charge the battery and it lasts me all day, when I have a chance I charge the batt and put my other fresh battery on. The vapor production is great and using the cartridges that come stock with the highping cart mod found in the tips and tricks section, it is PERFECT. I suggest you also find a sampler pack of liquids from someone and you might as well get 0 nicotine in the samples as you are a nonsmoker and dont need the nic fix.
I hope that helps. I know that people have very varied opinions here on what is best but I think the ego is a great place to start if you want a quality PV that you dont have to worry to much about.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Curious motivation to try vaping?

If you do this, I would HIGHLY advise staying away from nicotine in your liquids. While there's some pleasure in vaping, for many of us, nicotine addiction is the larger part of the equation. It would be unfortunate if you develop a nicotine addiction where there is none today.

Long ride may mean larger battery. How long is long?

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Hello fellow NYer. =)

The "best" is up for personal interpretation. Below you will find a link to an excellent PV and one of the most complete kits you will find. In addition, the seller, Rob is a prince of a guy who ships from Pa, so you'll have it quickly.

Joye eGo-Maniac e cigarette Starter Kit

Might want to add a bottle or two of liquid with your order.

Or --

Joyetech EGO Kit in Matte Black

Litecig is also in Pa. Shawn, the owner, is highly recommended by many on this forum as well.

(buying outside of NY state saves the NYS tax on your purchase)

Add a bottle or two of liquid to your order and you'll be good to go.

(being that you are a non-smoker, I would suggest no-nic liquids)

Best of luck to you.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Hey there, welcome to ECF!

I just gotta say this, before I say anything else.

I would strongly advise against using e-cigs if you don't smoke. The physical aspect of smoking, and the "deep breathing" aspect of smoking are habitually addictive, and for some of us, they are the worst part of the addiction.

Also, please keep in mind that while e-cigs do appear to be safe, none of us know that for sure, and we don't know what long-term effects they may have. All we know is that they are almost certainly safer than smoking, and that's why we do it. Inhaling anything into your lungs is a bad idea, and probably bad for you.

If you're not inhaling anything right now, then choosing to do so is extremely unwise.

If you're going to do it anyway, don't EVER touch nicotine. Zero-nic juice, every time.

But I can't help but think something like gum would be not only way cheaper, but much less likely to harm you. Or how about buying some healthy snacks? Why e-cigs?

I have a Kr808D-1, which is a 2-piece system that doesn't require a ton of fiddling. It also gets pretty good battery life for a standard model, and is small and easily transported. It may be ideal for use in the car.

I got mine at ElectroNicStix and had a great experience so try them out.

But again... I would really ask you to reconsider.

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I agree with Mini Art and JJ2.

If you have never smoked, there's no reason to vape. While I hope to someday get to the point where I can get off the nicotine and vape simply for pleasure, I fully expect to walk away from vaping after that happens as well.

Financially, you just don't need the expense either.

BUT...if you absolutely HAVE to vape, don't go cheap. Purchase something good from a reputable vendor. Either the 510 or the Ego are my recommendations. I have not tried the ego but there's enough good rep for it on these forums that it MUST be a decent product.

As far as sellers, check the vendors forums and see who is getting good reviews.

and like everyone has said, if you are definitely going to do it...DO NOT USE NICOTINE in your liquids.

Last edited:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I would strongly advise against using e-cigs if you don't smoke. The physical aspect of smoking, and the "deep breathing" aspect of smoking are habitually addictive, and for some of us, they are the worst part of the addiction.

Also, please keep in mind that while e-cigs do appear to be safe, none of us know that for sure, and we don't know what long-term effects they may have. All we know is that they are almost certainly safer than smoking, and that's why we do it. Inhaling anything into your lungs is a bad idea, and probably bad for you.

I have to amend my advice about merely avoiding nicotine, to echo what some others have since said... just don't do it. The point MistressNomad made about not really knowing the long term health consequences of vaping is very significant.

Chew gum, munch carrot or celery sticks, sip flavored water or tea... there are lot's of alternatives to snacking with zero risk and obvious benefits.

BCB

ECF Veteran
I realize that what follows is not politically correct. I agree with the others that you should only consider zero nic juice if you decide to vape, but MY experience with quitting smoking using e-cigs is that it's the only time I've tried to quit when I didn't gain weight. I've noticed that I rarely snack because after vaping coconut cream pie juice I feel kind of like I had some of that pie and it works like having dessert. I was talking to a non-smoking friend who's overweight about the possibilities of vaping for weight loss if you vape the dessert flavors. We both think it might be worth a shot. Just sayin.....

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
I realize that what follows is not politically correct. I agree with the others that you should only consider zero nic juice if you decide to vape, but MY experience with quitting smoking using e-cigs is that it's the only time I've tried to quit when I didn't gain weight. I've noticed that I rarely snack because after vaping coconut cream pie juice I feel kind of like I had some of that pie and it works like having dessert. I was talking to a non-smoking friend who's overweight about the possibilities of vaping for weight loss if you vape the dessert flavors. We both think it might be worth a shot. Just sayin.....

That's cool. And I know of at least one vaper around here who never smoked, and vapes 0 nic for this exact reason.

I just think there are other things that are cheaper and less risky that may be worth trying first. If e-cigs help control food cravings, then sure, put it on the list of things to try. But it should be waaaay down on the list, after stuff like gum, healthy snacks, and other well-understood and harmless coping mechanisms.

BCB

ECF Veteran
That's true. I was thinking of people who've fought the "fat" fight as hard as we've fought the "smoke" fight and failed (with all the consequent guilt and shame). Some say part of the reason for success with vaping is the joy of having a new toy, the many flavors from which to choose, and the hand to mouth thing. All three might be conducive to weight loss for some, especially people who love sweet things and desserts. Obviously carrots are the healthy choice, but they didn't work for me when I was trying to quit smoking. I just got sick of carrots--and I like them ordinarily.

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY

If you're not inhaling anything right now, then choosing to do so is extremely unwise.

LOL. I had to laugh out loud at this.

There is not a person on the whole planet, alive, who doesn't inhale something into his or her lungs, repeatedly, second after second and all day long! Here's the list of chemicals I'm talking about, that everyone on earth inhales all the time, and this is even before we get to talking about things like car exhaust, industrial pollution, deoderant and perfume vapors, cooked food and drink vapors, and on and on and on:

Nitrogen -- N2 -- 78.084%
Oxygen -- O2 -- 20.9476%
Argon -- Ar -- 0.934%
Carbon Dioxide -- CO2 -- 0.0314%
Neon -- Ne -- 0.001818%
Methane -- CH4 -- 0.0002%
Helium -- He -- 0.000524%
Krypton -- Kr -- 0.000114%
Hydrogen -- H2 -- 0.00005%
Xenon -- Xe -- 0.0000087%
Ozone -- O3 -- 0.000007%
Nitrogen Dioxide -- NO2 -- 0.000002%
Iodine -- I2 -- 0.000001%
Carbon Monoxide -- CO -- trace
Ammonia -- NH3 -- trace

What is that you say - it's the chemical composition of AIR. :p

Kimmy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
It won't keep you from eating. Vaping is not for weight loss, it's intended for smokers who are looking for a SAFER alternative. Key word SAFER, not 100 % safe.

Inhaling something into your lungs is completely different from actually eating something.

I've done nothing but gain weight since I've started vaping. Granted, not a lot of weight, but I exercise daily, but the tasty flavors just make me crave food more.

Don't start a costly habit because of boredom.

Regardless of what anyone says on here, you'll ultimately make the decision for yourself. However, I would recommend doing a little bit more research.

bearscreek

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
TN
As an aside, I've gained quite a bit of weight since starting vaping also, and it's not from eating more. I really think it's from not putting so much strain on my cardiopulmonary system, which I guess wouldn't really matter too much if you don't smoke cigarettes now. It might matter, though, if my weight gain is from something else due to vaping (don't ask me what).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread