Read this! Congress to BAN everything - take action now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Rossum

blb078

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    www.thevapemall.com
    It was pretty much down party lines with a couple detractors. If it stays that way it has a chance of dying in the Senate although there are a couple republican senators that are not vape supporters. Best thing to do will be to contact your senators along with hitting up Trump on twitter. Trump can have McConnell not even bring it up in the Senate which would be the best thing and if we get to Jan 3(I know a long ways out) with out it even brought up or the President not signing it by then it will die automatically because a new session of Congress starts and all bills not signed by the President before a new session have to pretty much start all over.

So there is still hope out there just have to have everyone you know contact their Senator and Trump. Since we don't know when/if it will come up for a vote in the Senate it might not even be a bad idea to contact Sanders, Warren, and Klobuchar too. All are not only senators but running for President.

kristin

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    casaa.org

blb078

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    www.thevapemall.com

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Does anyone have the answer to this question? :D

I admit, I have a disability...I'm government-challenged. :p

H.R. 2339 just passed the house.

From the way they were talking (I've been watching all day), the tax portion is part of 2339. I admit that I can't tell for sure, however several times those opposed to H.R. 2339 said this bill increases taxes on ends products to be the equivalent tax to cigarettes, so it's possible they linked these two bills and made them one at some point in this process. *perhaps yesterday although I didn't watch yesterday so I cant be certain.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    H.R. 2339 just passed the house.

From the way they were talking (I've been watching all day), the tax portion is part of 2339. I admit that I can't tell for sure, however several times those opposed to H.R. 2339 said this bill increases taxes on ends products to be the equivalent tax to cigarettes, so it's possible they linked these two bills and made them one at some point in this process. *perhaps yesterday although I didn't watch yesterday so I cant be certain.

So are you saying that HR4742 is a bill within a bill (HR2339) and that if you vote for HR2339 your same vote also automatically counts for HR4742?
    Kinda like By One Ge One FREE!!!! :D

• Agree
    Reactions: Opinionated

Hudsonkm

ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2010
    Illinois, US
    :/

February 28, 2020

Dear Mr. ******:

Thank you for contacting me to share your support for the use of e-cigarettes and vaping products. I appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts on this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

For many adults, e-cigarettes and vaping products have helped them transition away from traditional tobacco products. That said, e-cigarettes, and other vaping products, have serious health effects and can lead to a lifelong nicotine addiction for teens and young adults. Between 2017 and 2019, e-cigarette use among middle schoolers rose 218 percent and among high schoolers use grew by 135 percent. The high levels of nicotine found in these products can harm parts of the brain that control attention, learning, mood, and impulse control in adolescent teens.

While less than three percent of all adults in the U.S. use e-cigarettes, as of 2018, more than 3.5 million middle and high school students reported using e-cigarettes. Among current e-cigarette users aged 18 to 24 years old, 40 percent had never smoked a tobacco cigarette before using e-cigarettes. This startling trend reflects the same efforts by tobacco companies to hook teens on their products at a young age. As a parent, I believe we must make every effort to ensure that the next generation of Americans have every opportunity to live long and happy lives.

As the Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy, I launched an investigation into the youth e-cigarette epidemic to help prevent teens from excessive nicotine exposure. In addition, I have co-founded the bipartisan, bicameral Congressional Caucus to End the Youth Vaping Epidemic with 55 of my colleagues to combat the growing youth e-cigarette epidemic. I will continue to fight to protect American public health while working to lower tobacco use and youth nicotine addiction. I appreciate you expressing your concern and will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should legislation regarding vaping come to the House floor for a vote.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I hope you will continue to keep me informed regarding issues that concern you. I encourage you to visit my website at krishnamoorthi.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to receive periodic updates on my activities as your representative in Washington, D.C.
    Sincerely,
    buM7f7ceFQzUQLmI30wi6N_aQepXHzFzFmvUWKpBnNsSx3nvFYBkG_HtiK1y1RO0W0zcIt5lcqBAvu9A6It-kyLVtrE9vnityraNv1o=s0-d-e1-ft

Raja Krishnamoorthi
    Member of Congress
    RK/ZS

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    So are you saying that HR4742 is a bill within a bill (HR2339) and that if you vote for HR2339 your same vote also automatically counts for HR4742?
    Kinda like By One Ge One FREE!!!! :D

Correct - the issue is I'm just not seeing wording of this nature on the bill itself, so I still could be wrong - but according to the arguments before the vote, it sure appeared that speakers believed taxes were a part of this.

One rep. made his entire argument against this passing based almost solely on tax... so it would certainly seem likely they attached the two bills somehow.

• Informative
    Reactions: Rossum

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

February 28, 2020

Dear Mr. ******:

Thank you for contacting me to share your support for the use of e-cigarettes and vaping products. I appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts on this issue and welcome the opportunity to respond.

For many adults, e-cigarettes and vaping products have helped them transition away from traditional tobacco products. That said, e-cigarettes, and other vaping products, have serious health effects and can lead to a lifelong nicotine addiction for teens and young adults. Between 2017 and 2019, e-cigarette use among middle schoolers rose 218 percent and among high schoolers use grew by 135 percent. The high levels of nicotine found in these products can harm parts of the brain that control attention, learning, mood, and impulse control in adolescent teens.

While less than three percent of all adults in the U.S. use e-cigarettes, as of 2018, more than 3.5 million middle and high school students reported using e-cigarettes. Among current e-cigarette users aged 18 to 24 years old, 40 percent had never smoked a tobacco cigarette before using e-cigarettes. This startling trend reflects the same efforts by tobacco companies to hook teens on their products at a young age. As a parent, I believe we must make every effort to ensure that the next generation of Americans have every opportunity to live long and happy lives.

As the Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy, I launched an investigation into the youth e-cigarette epidemic to help prevent teens from excessive nicotine exposure. In addition, I have co-founded the bipartisan, bicameral Congressional Caucus to End the Youth Vaping Epidemic with 55 of my colleagues to combat the growing youth e-cigarette epidemic. I will continue to fight to protect American public health while working to lower tobacco use and youth nicotine addiction. I appreciate you expressing your concern and will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should legislation regarding vaping come to the House floor for a vote.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and I hope you will continue to keep me informed regarding issues that concern you. I encourage you to visit my website at krishnamoorthi.house.gov to sign up for my e-newsletter or follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to receive periodic updates on my activities as your representative in Washington, D.C.
    Sincerely,
    buM7f7ceFQzUQLmI30wi6N_aQepXHzFzFmvUWKpBnNsSx3nvFYBkG_HtiK1y1RO0W0zcIt5lcqBAvu9A6It-kyLVtrE9vnityraNv1o=s0-d-e1-ft

Raja Krishnamoorthi
    Member of Congress
    RK/ZS

TL;DR version:

Dear Voter,

I couldn't give a rat's azz about what you want or what you think.

I know everything. You know nothing. And I am going to vote on HR2339 (and any other bill) however the :censored: I want to.

Sincerely,

Raja Krishnamoorthi
    Member of Congress
    RK/ZS

Is that about right?

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    TL;DR version:

Dear Voter,

I couldn't give a rat's azz about what you want or what you think.

I know everything. You know nothing. And I am going to vote on HR2339 (and any other bill) however the :censored: I want to.

Sincerely,

Raja Krishnamoorthi
    Member of Congress
    RK/ZS

Is that about right?

You know who not to to vote for this election.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I actually got a call from my reps office a while ago. I didn't take the call and let it go to voicemail. The call came after the vote, though. My rep voted nay and he's retiring so he wasn't looking for votes. Said he would keep my concerns in mind.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

February 28, 2020

Dear Mr. ******:

Sincerely,

Raja Krishnamoorthi
    Member of Congress
    RK/ZS

I "Liked" your post Not for what your Rep said. But for taking the time to Contact them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread